Noa T'Nessa Levinson
|Noa T'Nessa Levinson|
|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Species||Human (3/4) / Vulcan (1/4)|
Lieutenant Junior Grade Noa T'Nessa Levinson is currently serving as a Science Officer aboard the USS Chin'toka.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Relationships
- 3 Family
- 4 Background
- 5 Personality
- 6 Mission History
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Service History
- 9 Awards & Service Ribbons
- 10 SIM Archive
- Height: 1.57m / 5'2"
- Weight: 54kg / 119 lb
- Hair color: Dark Brown, almost black
- Hair length: Mid-back, straight
- Hair style: Nearly always loose, mostly tucked behind her ears. Very rarely in a ponytail.
- Eyes: Brown
- Build: Slim
A tactician with hidden depths, basically best friends
Noa and Melody met during their first shore leave aboard the USS Eagle. Noa caught Melody in the Eagle's Astrometrics lab, conducting unauthorized scans. Instead of turning Melody in, Noa joined her and helped with the scans. During that time, she also learned of Melody's history as a science officer.
As time went on, the two got on friendlier terms with each other, to a point where Noa trusts Melody more, and is completely okay with Melody referring to her by her first name.
Former direct superior and scientific colleague
Being Noa's direct superior onboard the USS Eagle and the USS Juneau, Quentin and Noa were bound to meet at some point since her arrival. They indeed met on the bridge during the Eagle's capture of Admiral Valcose and Sikes. They met on a more official capacity during shore leave, and after the briefing on the Ringworld, Quentin had a breakdown - one which Noa managed to handle fairly well, considering it happened so quickly.
Either someone to avoid, or a potentially good friend
Noa and Airik first off-duty encounter took place in the Juneau's Clanhouse, where they spoke about various subjects - from some of their histories, to meditation techniques. Noa isn't sure what to make of him yet, considering her previous experiences with counselors, but for a change, she was willing to give it a try, and the two agreed to meet again, to practice Mindfulness Meditation.
- Father: Ilay Selok Levinson (Half-Vulcan, half-Human)
- Mother: Nirit Levinson (Human)
- Aviv Turik Levinson (Younger brother)
- Paternal grandmother: Lodzhal of Vulcan (Vulcan)
Noa was born just a couple of months before the Dominion War began, on Starbase 295, a starbase in Federation space, close to Earth, with her parents stationed there.
Following the Dominion War, her parents were reassigned to Earth, and as such moved to their old family home at Tel Aviv, Israel, where Noa was raised.
During her childhood she was also taught Vulcan logic and emotional suppression.
Due to her shared heritage, Noa is fluent in Vulcan, Hebrew and English.
At the Academy, Noa focused on the Sciences, primarily Astronomy and Physics. She also focused on programming, especially holo-programming, a subject she greatly enjoyed.
General behavior, dressing style and personality
- General demeanor while on-duty and during official events: Noa tends to keep a stoic, Vulcan-like demeanor, tinted with the slightest amount of emotion. She does let it drop a bit when regulations tend to be less strict, however. She tries her best to hold it, although stress causes her to drop it in varying levels.
- General demeanor while off-duty: Noa acts much less stoically than the average Vulcan. While she does show a certain level of composure, she allows herself to show her emotions to much more of an extent.
- Taste in clothing (on-duty): Noa keeps her uniform perfectly by-the book at all times - the Combadge is placed perfectly, the jacket is closed exactly to the border between the grey upper part and black bottom, pips (when there's more than one) are perfectly aligned with each other and placed just in the right position - everything's perfect, much more than what even the strictest officer would require.
- Taste in clothing (off-duty): Noa's attire is simple, yet somehow fits together at the same time, all while looking good. Her clothing is plain and simple - mostly just plain shirts, pants and skirts. For occasions that require more official attire, she does have more presentable clothes, which she doesn't really wear unless she has to.
- Diet: Noa is an omnivore, which differs from the usual Vulcan vegetarian lifestyle. Her reason for that is simply because she finds the vegetarian lifestyle restrictive.
Noa generally appears competent when it comes to her fields of study, but is shy to an extent - while it's easy for her to talk about work to people, she finds it hard to engage in small talk with others.
She has a deep appreciation to Vulcan culture, values and philosophy. However, almost every full-blooded Vulcan, with the exception of her paternal grandmother, treated her rather condescendingly, as if they're questioning her life choices that steered her away from being a model Vulcan - including her omnivore lifestyle, hair length, and use of emotions. This resulted in her aiming to evade any contact with anyone who looks Vulcan, when the option exists. When there's no choice, her stoic demeanor kicks in instinctively, regardless of the situation, although some emotions may escape her attention.
Due to her experience with Vulcans, she also has similar issues with counselors - her counselor at the Academy was a Vulcan, and was no different than any Vulcan she met before. This experience led her to thinking any counselor would criticize her like Vulcans criticized her, although she tends to be much more offensive during sessions.
- Reading - Noa usually tends to read when off-duty:
- Noa always stays updated on the latest scientific articles - especially in the fields of astronomy and physics, but she reads any kind of scientific fact that catches her eye.
- Noa enjoys reading 20th century Earth science fiction - from Niven's Ringworld to Asimov's Foundation.
- Programming - Noa minored in programming at the Academy, and enjoyed studying it greatly. She enjoys two subjects in particular:
- Noa enjoys creating LCARS interfaces of various complexity, and sometimes tends to break PADDs - evident by at least four PADDs from her Academy time, whose LCARS systems were either completely corrupted or a sufficiently buggy program was running on, causing them to be unusable.
- Noa studied holoprogramming, and tends to create programs that vary from various recreations to programs featuring various randomized elements.
Click on the ship names to expand/collapse their respective mission histories.
Noa has arrived at the Eagle just before the mission began, yet was mostly unaware of the happenings until the very end - at which point she arrived at the Bridge, just during the final steps in capturing Francis Sikes. She was able to trace his shuttle's trajectory, leading to the final pursuit.
During the mission to the Ringworld, Ensign Levinson, along with Commander Shayne, Commander MacKenna, Doctor Strong and Lieutenant Serinus, beamed down to the local village, disguised as natives. They split to two groups, with Levinson and MacKenna headed to a crashed warp nacelle from an Oberth-class starship, which turned out to be a temple for the natives, with only "Medicine men", such as the village medic, Scale-9, or Doctor Strong, allowed entery.
After a return trip to the village, the away team regrouped over lunch, before they were taken to the village's archive - where they discovered tales about a crashed Oberth-class starship - the nacelle of which formed the temple. Convincing the locals to return to the nacelle, the team returned there. The medicine men entered the temple alone at first, with Strong keeping the team advised with Morse code. However, when the situation became more urgent, Levinson, MacKenna and Serinus rushed into the temple themselves. Regrouping with their Doctor and the local medicine man, they interfaced with the controls at the nick of time, repairing the Ringworld's malfunction. After staying for a few hours to help with the village's recovery, as well as studying the village, the away team beamed aboard.
The Juneaus first mission was to investigate a comet in the Uiliv system, which was about to collide with the fifth planet in the system. The crew quickly discovered the presence of Eichner radiation emanating from the comet - hinting on the presence of the People. Captain Oddas sent an away team consisting of Marine Captain Eiris, Second Lieutenant Hontrú, Ensign Oliver and Ensign Levinson on the USS Bear to investigate. After a few maneuvers to evade chunks of ice from colliding with them, the team finally landed on the comet - which had an artificial facility on it - The source of the radiation. Donning EV suits, the team exited the Bear and broke into the facility.
They passed through an airlock, and arrived at what appeared to be a starship's bridge. They then detected lifesigns, which they soon confirmed to be People lifesigns. However, just before the lifesigns reached the room, the facility's sensors detected a barrage of thermonuclear missiles that had been launched... from the pre-warp planet Uiliv-5; targeted at both the Juneau and the comet - 5 on each. The Juneau managed to evade the missiles aimed at it, which resulted in all 10 missiles flying at the comet. Before impact, the away team, after managing to convince the People to not attack them, managed to get the facility to take off from the comet. To return the Bear to the Juneau, Levinson and Hontrú were beamed aboard it, and they promptly took off from the comet's surface.
The Bear was almost outside of the blast range, however, when the missiles impacted the asteroid. Both Levinson and Hontrú were unharmed, and the Bear suffered only minimal damage. However, one missile failed to detonate and aimed itself at the People facility. Oliver and Elris were beamed off in the nick of time, while the Bear attempted to use its tractor beam to divert the missile's course away from the facility, only to discover it was too late. They flew away at the best possible speed... But the shockwave was much faster.
Soon after the explosion, two things became apparent - the Bear was practically disabled by the blast, and Noa was injured, while Hontrú was relatively unharmed. They communicated with the Juneau, explaining their situation, and were promptly caught in the Juneau's tractor beam.
After the Bear was towed back to the Juneau, a medical team arrived and took Levinson and Hontrú to sickbay, where they received treatment. It was there where it would be revealed that her injuries were consisted of a large laceration in her abdomen, and a cut in her leg. She was treated for her injuries, and is in the phases of recovery from them.
The Juneau was sent to investigate a series of attacks conducted by a cloaked vessel in the Aavaro Wilds. When the ship has reached the location of a distress call, they discovered a heavily damaged Cardassian vessel, and managed to rescue the living crew. On the bridge, Noa detected the ship's dilithium supply was completely crystallized, drained, potentially by the attacker's polaron weaponry. The Juneau managed, using information recovered from the computer core and the survivors, they began following the attackers, who were apparently Breen.
After a short spacewalk with Lieutenant Wyss to adapt the shields to the weaponry, the Juneau was pulled from warp by the Breen ship, who utilized it to beam over a group of... Jem'Hadar, which shut down their engines. After clearing the boarders, Noa reported to Astrometrics to track the Breen ship once and for all, before detecting a base within the Sandwich Nebula. Noa was part of the away team that boarded the base.
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- New Arrival - Stardate 239701.08 - Soon after arriving aboard the USS Eagle, Ensign Levinson realizes she may have stumbled upon some deep trouble, so she did what every fresh Ensign would do - head for the Bridge.
- Pet Project - Stardate 239706.20 - Noa's favorite holodeck program receives an update.
|NPC Listing · USS Chin'toka Crew Manifest · Crew History