Ensign R'rraww Hontrú is currently serving as a Marine aboard the USS Juneau.
- Posting: Marine
- Assignment: USS Juneau
- Species: Caitain
- Gender: Male
- Age: 24
- Height: 1.83M (6.0Ft)
- Weight: 85.28KG (188Lbs)
- Hair: Charcoal
- Eyes: Amber
- Build: Lean and Muscular
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Marital Status: Single
- Quarters: USS Juneau - Deck 5 - RM 43
- Hobbies: Bonsai Tree Cultivation, Piloting Shuttles, and Martial Arts
- Combat: 3 Forms of Weaponless Martial Arts (Master of 2). Assult Phaser Mark III. Marine Issued Phaser Rifle. Mek'leth Sword of Q'unos
- Hearing: Ultrasound from 550 Hz to 35 kHz, it's possible to hear very small sounds
- Ofactory: Sense of smell like a Terran Canine due to an exceptional ofactory bulb
- Sight: Low Light Vision +20 - Darkness +10 of human norms
- Identifcation: Sense of smell to help identify things and people scented before
- Pheromones: Used to sense those interpersonal smells
- Whiskers: Aids with movement and personal navigation to sense air currents and pressures
- Balance: A Caitain Righting Reflex is the ability to right ones self and land on his feet
- Heights: Tolerance of High Places and the ability to Land upright from at least 3M
- Leaping: The ability to jump to a height of 2.5M from a standstill
- Speed: The top speed of 64.4KPM (40MPH) in a 200M sprint from a standstill
- Engineering: He can and will work on mechanical things in his field, complex engineering is out of his league
- Medicine: Not much beyond basic field medicine, and some knowledge of Caitain anatomy
- Note:: Caitains lack the rods and spheres in their optics where they can't see the wavelength of light that makes up Photonic Beings
- Sciences: He finds science interesting and would like to know more about astrophysics and sounds from astrological bodies
- Tail switching or looping: – Laughter or Amusement
- Flicking of tail tip: – Frustration or Annoyance
- Ears folding back rapidly: – Astonishment or surprise
- Ears folding back and remaining back, widened eyes: – Anger or fear
- Gripping own tail and wringing it: – Extreme distress (this motion disturbs the balance badly)
- Quivering of ears and whiskers: – Excitement and Anticipation
- Stiffening and straightening of tail, bristling of fur: – Hostility or Anger
- Whiskers and tail drooping and remaining still: – Sadness or Depression
- Thrumming or rumble from the throat: - Laughing or "Purring" is what it sounds like to non Caitains familiar with Terran Felines
- Low growling: - Annoyance or Disappointment
- High pitched yowling: - Intense pain
- Loud roar: - Battle cry
Pre Starfleet Academy: R'rraww grew up on the fertile and rich planet Ferasa the homeworld of the Caitain people. One of his earliest memories was of playing in the forests of his home, and tumbling about with his litter and clan mates. R'rraww has always had a fascination for living things especially plants, and he is very fond of keeping bonsai like trees in his quarters which he prunes and cares for as his hobby.
When he was a kit of 6 anos, his father M'Rreew introduced the young Caitain to martial arts and meditation. By the age of 12 anos, R'rraww was among one of the best in his classes age group of the practice of Quong Rrouw the Claw Dance form of Martial Arts.
Shortly after this tragedy visited upon the Hontrú family, His Clan Sister S'rwwao a Starfleet Officer was killed aboard her ship at the battle of Wolf 359, the Federation's first encounter with the Borg. R'rraww remembered that S'rwwao was so good to him before she left for the Academy. In his devotion to her memory her teaching him right from wrong, and to treat all life as sacred. These ideals made him do all he could to help his community and his clan. He vowed to do something meaningful with is life to honor his clan sister and to bring pride to his family, as she did.
When R'rraww made this decision he was 15 anos, and he spent much of his free studies learning about alien species especially that of the Borg. He disliked the idea of the Bully (something foreign to the Cait way of thinking) R'rraww could not imagine how one who thought of themselves as bigger or more powerful than another would want to bring harm, instead of assistance to another. It was unthinkable.
One year later a major catastrophic event occurred when an planetquake took place on the other side of Ferasa. R'rraww asked to be allowed to be a part of the relief effort and was allowed to take the shuttle over to the other side of his world. This would be his first encounter with off worlders as the Federation sent some of their help in the form of the USS Valance and her crew. The young Caitain was very impressed with how effective and helpful these beings were. It was during this time he would meet the Klingon that would help him shape his career in Starfleet. Four anos later, R'rraww Hontrú became a cadet at Starfleet Academy on Earth, studying strategy and tactics, and tactical space theory. He hopes to become a Starfleet Marine Corp Officer someday so he can train as a pilot. R'rraww would like to fly shuttles and fighter craft.
Academy Days, Courses and Lifestyle
|Cadet, 4th Class||239205.23 - 239605.13||Starfleet Academy, San Francisco (Earth)||Student|
Minor: Shuttle Piloting
|Cadet, 3rd Class|
|Cadet, 2nd Class|
|Cadet, 1st Class|
|Ensign||239605.14 - 239704.10||USS Eagle||Tactical|
|2nd Lieutenant||239704.09 - Present||USS Juneau||Marine|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
|Holy Orders (USS Eagle)|
While testing an experimental new warp drive, the USS Eagle encounters a group of beings unlike anything in the known universe. R'rraww's new ship starts out as a engineering experiment, but becomes a first contact mission. When the USS Eagle finds it's way onto the Alien shrine, the first contact could start an Interdimentional War. R'rraww finds himself with his paw above the fire button, will he have to use it when it's discovered that they have brought something with them from their universe that is destroying the Alien Holy place?
|The Hidden Missionaries (USS Eagle)|
Shortly after an awards ceremony at The Spike, where deadly explosions shake the station, the crew of the USS Eagle is thrown headlong into an investigation. The crew tracks the source of the bombings to Karek Tor, an old Cardassian space station, where Hontrú is caught off guard just affer his first shore leave. He has to face deadly consequences for both himself and the crew of the Eagle.
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
|NPC Listing · USS Eagle Crew Manifest · Crew History