|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
Ensign Nyka Wyss is currently serving as an Engineering Officer aboard the USS Eagle.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Relationships
- 3 Background
- Height: 5'7"
- Hair: Red
- Eyes: Hazel
- Build: Fit
- Voice: A slight Scottish accent at times.
- Scars: A peppering of scars on her back from shrapnel. A one and a half inch scar on her left deltoid. A circular scar on her right calf.
Deceased. He was Nyka's first and only serious relationship. See Sim Archive, Emotional Triggers Part I & II.
After transferring over to the Juneau at the same time, Wyss and Indobri's flirtatious encounter turned into one-night stand, which has since turned into a full-blown romantic relationship.
Childhood and Starfleet Academy
As a child Nyka expressed an interest in music and art. While her brother fought many pretend wars in the woods of her home, Nyka spent most of her time drawing, painting and studying nature. In her teens she won awards for her watercolor paintings and was headed for greatness in the art world. She was known as the quiet one in the family. Slow to anger, and well-mannered Nyka was the child her parents never had to worry about.
Her father owns an antique ship restoration business, and a scrapyard. Nyka and her brother often helped the family business out, and while Nyka was very good at engineering, she didn’t like it much. In fact, she did everything she could to resist getting locked into the family business like her older brother.
All was going according to plan in Nyka’s life. She was a star student, graduated with honors, and headed to Starfleet Academy – not for adventure, but for the cultural experience. Two years into Starfleet Academy, Nyka took a cultural trip to Andoria, and that is when things unexpectedly changed for Nyka. With no explanation to her family, friends, and professors she switched majors from the Science and Art, to Engineering with a minor in Security. Her demure demeanor also took a more confident turn. No longer satisfied to remain reclusive in her dorm, she suddenly had an appetite for staying out late, one-night stands on occasion, and anything that looked fun or entertaining.
Nobody knows the catalyst that changed Nyka from a soft-spoken artist and scientist to an outgoing, flirtatious, troublemaker, but her dedication to Engineering, and improvisational skills in the workplace has outshined the person she used to be.
Alternate Universe Nyka Wyss
Unbeknownst to anyone, the Nyka Wyss that came back from her cultural trip to Andoria, is not the same Nyka Wyss from our universe. The Nyka Wyss currently occupying our space has come from an Alternate Universe on the brink of total destruction at the hands of an insect-humanoid species known as the Xith.
Stay tuned, more information to come as it is revealed IC…
Personality and Mannerisms
- Quarters: Organized chaos. Nyka's workbench has spread across the living room and onto the dinning room table. Projects such as personal defensive tactical weapons, engineering ideas, and scrap-metal art work clutter the area. Her quarters resemble a garage more than a home. Nyka keeps a personal coil pistol hidden in her bedroom -- it is a weapon from her universe. See Alt Universe facts for more info on coil guns.
- Habits: Flirting too much. Andorian Brandy too much. Cigars, not enough. Coffee, but only decaf – a girl has to show some restraint after all.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Sure why not. There must be a method to the madness.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: A bit of a restless soul, Nyka enjoys exploring and experiencing everything the universe has to offer. She enjoys creating metal scrap art from discarded parts. Paintball, hiking, phaser-tag. She is an inventor, and loves creating gadgets and tech. One of her favorite past-times is playing in Old West Cowboy holodeck programs. She loves the simplicity, freedom, and excitement of the Wild West.
- Pets: Medium-haired calico cat named, Stinker Belle.
- Likes: Humor. Trying new things. Exploring 20th-21st Century Earth music, entertainment, and food.
- Dislikes: People who take themselves too seriously. Pushy people. Complainers.
- Ambitions and Goals: To be useful.
- Temperament: Overall she’s easy-going. Serious about her job. Doesn’t like to talk about her past. Has a goofy side. Can become sarcastic when under pressure. Can become down right vicious when threatened.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Uses humor to deflect uncomfortable topics and hide her true feelings. Fear of being burned alive. Has been known to have intense moments of claustrophobia in certain stressful situations. Suffers from PTSD, nightmares.
- Physical Limitations: Normal human limitations.
- Combat Skills: Qualified as "sharpshooter" at the Academy Marksmanship Training Course. Hand-to-hand combat is not her forte, however, she makes up for the short-coming by employing gadgets and tech to gain the edge in a fight.
- Marital Status: Single. Bisexual.
- Father: Tom Wyss
- Mother: Isla Anam, Scottish
- Siblings: Brother, Kaleb
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Medical Emergency on Deck Me. (This is the first look into Nyka's Alternate Universe History. The death of her brother Kaleb, and the origins of her scars.)
Emotional Triggers, Part I. (Young Nyka's first love, Sani Ul, and the impact of the Xith in the Alt. Universe.)
Emotional Triggers, Part II. (The loss of Bajor and Sani Ul to the Xith and how it effected Nyka.)
Enclosed Places, Part I. (The origins of Nyka's claustrophobia.)
Enclosed Places, Part II. (The origins of Nyka's claustrophobia.)
(JP) PNPC LtJG Nyka Wyss & Lt. Cmdr. Karise Indobri - Night Fever (Nyka gets a three day pass to recover from a difficult mission, and finds comfort in Karise)
Metal Scrap Art Creations
Nyka enjoys creating metal scrap art from discarded parts. These are a few of her creations found in her quarters.
|NPC Listing · USS Eagle Crew Manifest · Crew History