Ensign Airik Tierney is currently serving as a Counselor aboard the USS Juneau.
- Height: 6’1”
- Hair: White
- Eyes: Light ice blue
- Build: Airik Tierney is in excellent physical condition and does not appear to have any ailments or chronic conditions. Physically he is tall and lanky and suffers from some coordination issues as a result. He lacks combat experience and is not suited well for hand to hand combat.
- T/E Rating: T2/E6 – Ullians can project telepathic images that allow recipients of the projections to relive past, often forgotten events. For the most part this reminiscence is joyful. It is strictly forbidden to use this ability against the will of another. Due to their unique physiology, Ullians are difficult to read by other telepathic species.
- Parents: Airik Tierney is the only child of Zithan and Rhana on Ullia in the Gova Bazin Sector. Tierney is a geologist and Rhana is a nurse specializing in end-of-life care. Airik has a positive relationship with both. Leaving the home world was quite difficult as it meant leaving his family. It is customary for a son to take a new first name and use his father’s first name as his surname. The same goes for daughters and their mothers.
- Siblings: None
- Spouse: Other than a few passing flings and non-committed friendships, Airik has not had what would be considered a serious monogamous relationship and identifies as single. He considers himself pansexual, leaning more towards the same-sex attraction end of the spectrum. Airik is not opposed to a relationship and can easily envision a future with someone.
- Children: None
Early life on Ullia was idyllic. The planet had emerged from a history of telepathic warfare and abuse. Not only were they a strong, unified planet, but the very people evolved to be ethical, caring, and honest. There were always exceptions to the rule including a particularly heinous serial telepathic rapist, Jev, who has been constantly monitored after being found guilty of the unsolicited, violent act of Telepathic Memory Invasion.
Airik was raised in a major city with an established Federation Station. Upon graduation in young adulthood, Airik entered studies in medicine with an emphasis on psychiatry and psychopharmacology. Airik completed his studies while at the academy in medicine and psychology. Like all psychiatrists Airik was professionally trained as a physician, though is more likely to identify as a counselor that utilizes a combination of talk therapy, psychopharmacology, and alternative methods of mind/body healing. In a pinch he could use a hypospray and tricorder – perhaps some emergency first aid – but unless the entire medical staff were mysteriously absent, should likely avoid any laser scalpels.
Airik Tierney is psychologically well balanced with some minor anxiety (as compared to a typical Ullian) and a penchant to appease others. His own counselor suggested meditative practices and yoga which successfully alleviates the anxiety.
His outwardly facing calm demeanor is well-suited for a profession in counseling. His analytical mind helps by understanding that the neurochemical reactions in the mind are just as important as the manifestations of emotions and need to be addressed appropriately. Airik is easy to make friends and grounded in his approach to the world.
Airik’s empathic and telepathic abilities are common for Ullians. He can sense the emotions of other species which is helpful in therapeutic counseling. Like most empathic species, Ullians are taught to shield their abilities using simple techniques. These shields can be broken during times of duress. Airik has been trained in telepathic memory retrieval which can reconstruct lost memories. Like all Ullians, Airik is greatly discouraged from using this in a therapeutic setting without significant safeguards. Memory retrieval is meant to collect memories and the stories of others, not to relive traumatic experiences.
Airik Tierney is in excellent physical condition and does not appear to have any ailments or chronic conditions. Physically he is tall and lanky and suffers from some coordination issues as a result. He lacks combat experience and is not suited well for hand to hand combat.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Juneau Crew Manifest · Crew History