Ensign Thalas th'Koro is currently serving as a science officer aboard the USS Atlantis.
- Full name: Thalas th’Koro
- Serial Number: KT - 020 - 603
- Date of birth: 237306.02
- Age: 22
- Species: Andorian
- Gender: Male (Thaan)
- Hair color: White
- Eye color: Grey
- Height: 1.84m
- Build: Lanky but surprisingly muscular on the arms
- Hair: White
- Eyes: Grey
- Hairstyle: Short and always swept over to the right. Very bad ‘bedhair.’
- Skin tone: Quite a pale blue for Andorians
-A scar (roughly 1-inch long) running across the bridge of the nose -A small oval shaped birthmark on the left bicep
- Taste in Clothing (off-duty):
-Usually wears a black woollen trench coat with a plain black T-Shirt underneath.
-Wears maroon jeans with short black boots also
-Often wears aviator sunglasses
- Voice: A relatively deep and precise pitch to it. He can speak fluent Andorian and often has a slight twang of his native accent. He can also speak a few words of Klingon.
- Temperament: He often makes jokes which he finds funny yet nobody else does. When nervous, this trait becomes even more apparent. Whenever he doesn’t like someone, it is made known to the entire universe and he is notorious for being able to hold a grudge against a person.
- Dislikes: Anyone who annoys him, narcissists, laziness, hypocrites, lack of motivation
- Carriage: He often walks at a very fast pace. When tired or sad, he arches his back over. Normally, he stands perfectly upright.
- Mannerisms: When bored or anxious, he messes and fiddles with his hands. He’s always trying to crack any bone on his hand and he occasionally stands with one leg behind the other.
- Quarters: He is very bad at keeping things tidy and often forgets to get rid of unwanted things. Therefore, there is often half-eaten food scattered around his quarters. Keeps his prized stuffed bear on his bedside for sentimental purposes. In random locations throughout his room, he keeps model starships and shuttles. His favourite ship being the Akira class.
- Hobbies: Flying small craft, plays the Clarinet, doing various science experiments.
- Religion: He is far from religious, but he has an interest in learning about different religions particularly their history.
- Thanatophobia: The fear of losing someone you. Ever since his mother’s death, he has been plagued by this fear. Whenever someone is in danger, he becomes overly protective of them.
- Arsonphobia: The fear of fire. Since he was caught in a fire, he has never wanted to look or feel it again. He stays as far away from traditional fires as possible.
- Arachibutyrophobia: As a child he tried peanut butter for the first time. It got stuck to the roof of his mouth. He has never gone back.
Ambitions and Goals
- Aspirations: In the coming years, he is hoping for a promotion but is not caring about it too much. He is just happy to go along with the flow and see what happens. His most important aspiration though is to make an important scientific discovery.
- Achievements: In his life, Thalas has not obtained many achievements but one of his highest accolades was achieving a diploma level standard in the Clarinet. Another achievement he is particularly proud is simply obtaining the rank of Ensign in the first place.
Likes & Dislikes
Likes and Dislikes
- Piloting: In his free-time, Thalas enjoys flying many different shuttlecrafts; often very dangerously.
- Clarinet: Since his arrival at Earth, Thalas has played Clarinet and he is now got to a very good standard in it (his favourite piece being Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue)
- Science: Whenever he can, he grabs a few pieces of science equipment and starts messing around with them. It has varying levels of success.
Food and Drink:
- Andorian Krill-beast Steak: A foodstuff made of Krill-beast. Thalas particularly enjoys its tenderness when cooked rare.
- Bloodwine: A Klingon alcohol. Introduced to him whilst he was young, he enjoys it but can’t enjoy a lot of it.
- Andorian Spice Bread: A dark brown bread flavoured with spice. A lover of indigenous foods, Thalas loves the tang the spice gives the bread.
He does not have many relationships due to his short amount of time aboard his ship but through his childhood, he gained a couple of friends.
- Partner: None
- Children: None
-Tes th’thohrarh (father)(unknown)(Thaan)
-Shrys ch’Koro (father)(alive)(Chan) His relationship with his only known parent is very strained and he has very little contact with him. Shrys used to be Thalas’ role model but this has long changed.
-Ejhythao sh’chaolrahr (mother)(deceased)(Shen)
-Otiras zh’teraq (mother)(deceased)(Zhen)
-Eshylor ch’Koro (brother)(alive)(Chan)
-Thrallaa zh’Koro (sister)(deceased)(Zhen)
-Ithrossao zh’Koro (sister)(alive)(Zhen)
The youngest of four, Thalas was born in an ice cave on Andoria and he had a good upbringing: being looked after by other members of Keth Koro (in which he was a part of). After seeing a display from the Andorian Defence Force at a young age, he took a particular liking to the sciences and finding out the intricate details of the universe. Before he was born, his Shen mother was killed in a sudden decompression of a cabin on a freighter. His Thaan father was in love with Ejhythao and he didn’t want anything to do with the family from there on out. He was never saw again. His early years were relatively simple and peaceful apart from the occasional heat wave rising the temperatures to an unusual -10 degrees Celsius. Just after Thalas’ fourth birthday, his father (Shrys ch’Koro) was offered a job at Starfleet’s headquarters in San Francisco. A promotion came with it. The family gladly accepted this offer and on 237806.22 they all moved over to Earth. His immediate impression of the planet wasn’t very good and for the first few months, he stayed in their apartment complex. However, after some very clever teasing, his mother introduced him to some other children in his own situation. This helped him accept his new life on Earth. At around the same time, he picked up the Clarinet and began getting lessons on the instrument after his previous experience with the Flabbjellah. However, the happiness didn’t last for long because on 238511.08, there was an incident where a Type IX shuttle lost all power. This malfunction, led to it crashing into the apartment complex the family lived in. This instantly killed his mother and his sister (Thrallaa). Some may say it fortunate, but it was only the three of them in the apartment at the time. He was dragged out of the flaming wreckage with a broken femur and a cracked clavicle. Furthermore, he had a cut running across his nose. He has kept this in honour for his lost family members. This accident is what caused Thalas to have many of the phobias he has to the present day. The absence of his mother and the psychological state of his father led Thalas to live a life of crime. He stole and thieved from many places for many years leading him to become well known in the criminal underworld. There he was known simply as ‘Buttons.’ Many a time, he was arrested by the peacekeeping forces in San Francisco. This was when (at the age of seventeen) an old contact of his mothers (who is named Ch’oragh Goctann) put his life back on the rails. Ch’oragh forced Thalas to attend counselling and speak to people without trying to rob their possessions. Eventually, the Klingon thought that Thalas was ready for Starfleet. Ch’oragh is also the reason for his skills in the Klingon language.
Time in Starfleet
Due to his love for Science, Thalas specialised in Xenology and Astronomy at the academy. He loved these subjects and along with these, he passed with a minor in Communications and Operations. His academy training went very well, and he passed every subject to a good level (far from the top marks but not the worst). He had a cumulative GPA of 3.43 and he was finally graduated by his training officer Brayden Jorey. From here he was posted to the USS Blackwell. He never really partook in a mission on the ship due to his fears getting the better of him. He took six months leave to get himself back together. Once fully recuperated, he was assigned to the USS Gorkon where he believes he has fitted in with the rest of the crew very nicely (meeting old academy trainees such as Groznin Smith and Ferier Lanta/Kian).
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
On arrival on the Gorkon, Thalas was put to sleep by a neurogenic field activated by a Trill known as Lladre. In the dreams, he was part of the Maquis (see Thalas th’Koro/Skarbek) on a ship known as the Skarbek. During these dreams, he became much more emotion driven which often ended with violent consequences. He experienced many hallucinogenic experiences (such as strangling arm tentacles) in his dream state. On waking up, Thalas found themselves to be in a wrecked computer lab. From here the three of them Trellis Vondaryan and Samira Neathler got to work trying to find the cause of this disturbance. The hijackers of the USS Gorkon fled the ship before the awakening but they left behind a bomb designed to destroy the ship with all hands. Before it could explode, the bomb was beamed away from the ship.
See Thalas th'Koro/Academy Transcript here
|Cadet First Class||239501.29||Graduated Starfleet Academy
|Ensign||239501.29 - 239502.28||USS Blackwell
|Ensign||239509.04 - 239512.21||USS Gorkon
|Ensign||239606.19 - Present||USS Atlantis
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|