Lieutenant JG Thalas th'Koro is currently serving as a science officer aboard the USS Chin'toka.
- Full name: Thalas th’Koro
- Serial Number: KT - 020 - 603
- Date of birth: 237306.02
- Age: 24
- Species: Andorian
- Gender: Male (Thaan)
- Hair color: White
- Eye color: Grey
- Height: 1.84m
- Build: Lanky but surprisingly muscular on the arms
- Hair: White
- Eyes: Grey
- Hairstyle: Short and always swept over to the right. Very bad ‘bedhair.’
- Skin tone: Quite a pale blue for Andorians
-A scar (roughly 1-inch long) running across the bridge of the nose -A small oval shaped birthmark on the left bicep
- Taste in Clothing (off-duty):
-Usually wears a black woollen trench coat with a plain black T-Shirt underneath.
-Wears maroon jeans with short black boots also
-Often wears aviator sunglasses
- Voice: A relatively deep and precise pitch to it. He can speak fluent Andorian and often has a slight twang of his native accent. He can also speak a few words of Klingon.
- Temperament: He often makes jokes which he finds funny yet nobody else does. When nervous, this trait becomes even more apparent. Whenever he doesn’t like someone, it is made known to the entire universe and he is notorious for being able to hold a grudge against a person.
- Dislikes: Anyone who annoys him, narcissists, laziness, hypocrites, lack of motivation
- Carriage: He often walks at a very fast pace. When tired or sad, he arches his back over. Normally, he stands perfectly upright.
- Mannerisms: When bored or anxious, he messes and fiddles with his hands. He’s always trying to crack any bone on his hand and he occasionally stands with one leg behind the other.
- Quarters: He is very bad at keeping things tidy and often forgets to get rid of unwanted things. Therefore, there is often half-eaten food scattered around his quarters. Keeps his prized stuffed bear on his bedside for sentimental purposes. In random locations throughout his room, he keeps model starships and shuttles. His favourite ship being the Akira class.
- Hobbies: Flying small craft, plays the Clarinet, doing various science experiments.
- Religion: He is far from religious, but he has an interest in learning about different religions particularly their history.
- Thanatophobia: The fear of losing someone you. Ever since his mother’s death, he has been plagued by this fear. Whenever someone is in danger, he becomes overly protective of them.
- Arsonphobia: The fear of fire. Since he was caught in a fire, he has never wanted to look or feel it again. He stays as far away from traditional fires as possible.
- Arachibutyrophobia: As a child he tried peanut butter for the first time. It got stuck to the roof of his mouth. He has never gone back.
Ambitions and Goals
- Aspirations: In the coming years, he is hoping for a promotion but is not caring about it too much. He is just happy to go along with the flow and see what happens. His most important aspiration though is to make an important scientific discovery.
- Achievements: In his life, Thalas has not obtained many achievements but one of his highest accolades was achieving a diploma level standard in the Clarinet. Another achievement he is particularly proud is simply obtaining the rank of Ensign in the first place.
Likes & Dislikes
Likes and Dislikes
- Piloting: In his free-time, Thalas enjoys flying many different shuttlecrafts; often very dangerously.
- Clarinet: Since his arrival at Earth, Thalas has played Clarinet and he is now got to a very good standard in it (his favourite piece being Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue)
- Science: Whenever he can, he grabs a few pieces of science equipment and starts messing around with them. It has varying levels of success.
Food and Drink:
- Andorian Krill-beast Steak: A foodstuff made of Krill-beast. Thalas particularly enjoys its tenderness when cooked rare.
- Bloodwine: A Klingon alcohol. Introduced to him whilst he was young, he enjoys it but can’t enjoy a lot of it.
- Andorian Spice Bread: A dark brown bread flavoured with spice. A lover of indigenous foods, Thalas loves the tang the spice gives the bread.
Family & Friends
He does not have many relationships due to his short amount of time aboard his ship but through his childhood, he gained a couple of friends.
- Partner: None
- Children: None
-Tes th’thohrarh (father)(unknown)(Thaan)
Thalas' Chan father was once his role model but ever since the fateful crash, he has become a sour, resentful man. Due to his abandonment of his family, Thalas has not wished to remain in contact with Shrys. If he were ever to come back into Thalas' life, it is unlikely that Thalas will accept him again. On many occasion, Thalas has wished his father harm against all of his main philosophies and teachings.
Ejhythao was the parent Thalas was closest to before she was killed in their apartment complex as a result of a crashing shuttlecraft. Since her passing, Thalas has deeply missed her and blames her death of the abandonment of his only other living parent.
-Otiras zh’teraq (mother)(deceased)(Zhen)
-Eshylor ch’Koro (brother)(alive)(Chan)
-Thrallaa zh’Koro (sister)(deceased)(Zhen)
-Ithrossao zh’Koro (sister)(alive)(Zhen)
Thalas first served with Jarred Thoran aboard the USS Blackwell. After a stint aboard the USS Gorkon, Thalas returned to the Partha Expanse aboard the USS Atlantis where Jarred was serving as Captain. Thalas has a huge amount of respect for the Captain and has become rather fond of his style and personality. One of Thalas' main aims and wants is to impress Thoran with his service aboard the ship. He would hate to be brought under his scrutiny.
Friend & Father Figure
A long time fried of his mother Ejhythao, Ch'oragh is a Klingon News Writer who managed to take Thalas from a life of crime and return him to being a law-abiding citizen. Thalas treats Goctann as a father figure; replacing the absence of them in his life. Due to his Starfleet career, Thalas hasn't saw Ch'oragh in a while but he wishes for this to change soon.
The youngest of four, Thalas was born in an ice cave on Andoria and he had a good upbringing: being looked after by other members of Keth Koro (in which he was a part of). After seeing a display from the Andorian Defence Force at a young age, he took a particular liking to the sciences and finding out the intricate details of the universe. Before he was born, his Shen mother was killed in a sudden decompression of a cabin on a freighter. His Thaan father was in love with Ejhythao and he didn’t want anything to do with the family from there on out. He was never saw again. His early years were relatively simple and peaceful apart from the occasional heat wave rising the temperatures to an unusual -10 degrees Celsius. Just after Thalas’ fourth birthday, his father (Shrys ch’Koro) was offered a job at Starfleet’s headquarters in San Francisco. A promotion came with it. The family gladly accepted this offer and on 237806.22 they all moved over to Earth. His immediate impression of the planet wasn’t very good and for the first few months, he stayed in their apartment complex. However, after some very clever teasing, his mother introduced him to some other children in his own situation. This helped him accept his new life on Earth. At around the same time, he picked up the Clarinet and began getting lessons on the instrument after his previous experience with the Flabbjellah. However, the happiness didn’t last for long because on 238511.08, there was an incident where a Type IX shuttle lost all power. This malfunction, led to it crashing into the apartment complex the family lived in. This instantly killed his mother and his sister (Thrallaa). Some may say it fortunate, but it was only the three of them in the apartment at the time. He was dragged out of the flaming wreckage with a broken femur and a cracked clavicle. Furthermore, he had a cut running across his nose. He has kept this in honour for his lost family members. This accident is what caused Thalas to have many of the phobias he has to the present day.
Life on the Streets
The absence of his mother and the psychological state of his father led Thalas to live a life of crime. He stole and thieved from many places for many years leading him to become well known in the criminal underworld. There he was known simply as ‘Buttons.’ Many a time, he was arrested by the peacekeeping forces in San Francisco. This was when (at the age of seventeen) an old contact of his mother Ejhythao, (who is named Ch’oragh Goctann) put his life back on the rails. Ch’oragh forced Thalas to attend counselling and speak to people without trying to rob their possessions. Eventually, the Klingon thought that Thalas was ready for Starfleet. Ch’oragh is also the reason for his skills in the Klingon language.
The Academy and the USS Blackwell
Due to his love for Science, Thalas specialised in Xenology and Astronomy at the academy. He loved these subjects and along with these, he passed with a minor in Communications and Operations. His academy training went very well, and he passed every subject to a good level (far from the top marks but not the worst). He had a cumulative GPA of 3.43 and he was finally graduated by his training officer Brayden Jorey. From here he was posted to the USS Blackwell. He never really partook in a mission on the ship due to his fears getting the better of him. He took six months leave to get himself back together. Once fully recuperated, he was assigned to the USS Gorkon where he believes he has fitted in with the rest of the crew very nicely (meeting old academy trainees such as Groznin Smith and Ferier Lanta/Kian).
Starfleet Academy Transcripts:
Starfleet Medical Record:
Starfleet Mission Logs:
|Cadet Fourth Class||239101.29 - 239201.29||Starfleet Academy
|Cadet Third Class||239201.29 - 239301.29||Starfleet Academy
|Cadet Second Class||239301.29 - 239401.29||Starfleet Academy
|Cadet First Class||239401.29 - 239501.29||USS Centris-A
|Ensign||239501.29 - 239502.28||USS Blackwell
|Ensign||239509.04 - 239512.21||USS Gorkon
|Ensign||239606.19 - 239708.31||USS Atlantis
|Ensign||239709.01 - 239709.21||USS Chin'toka
|Lieutenant JG||239709.22 - Present||USS Chin'toka
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|REV SD 239709.22|