Astraeus has a crew of 1,291 (350 officers and 814 enlisted, with 127 civilians). This number is significantly higher than earlier Galaxy class starships due to the additional crew carried now that more of the ship's internal volume is filled out, and because of her higher maintenance requirements.
The 350 officers aboard the Astraeus represent slightly less than a quarter of the ship's total complement. To become an officer, these individuals have either graduated Starfleet Academy or earned their commission through the Officer Candidate School after having attained their education in their field elsewhere.
Officers assume leadership roles within their departments and are responsible for training and supervising both junior officers and the enlisted personnel under their command.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Officer for more information about officers and officer ranks.
PC-exclusive officer duty posts
The following duty posts are given priority to PCs and are restricted from NPCs/PNPCs at this time:
- Ship's Counselor
- Strategic Operations Officer
- Any department chief or assistant chief position
The 814 enlisted personnel aboard Astraeus make up the majority of the ship's crew and are distributed across the ship's departments in various technical specialties and duty posts distinct from officers, who they are under the command of. For instance, medics and lab technicians are enlisted personnel whereas physicians, nurses, and scientists are commissioned officers (see officer duty posts above). All enlisted personnel are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Enlisted for more information about enlisted personnel and enlisted ranks.
Non-Starfleet personnel, Civilians, and Guests
Non-Starfleet personnel such as those from other Federation agencies (Federation Security, Federation Diplomatic Corps, etc.) are occasionally attached to the ship on special assignments.
The bulk of the civilians aboard are the family members of Starfleet personnel. Though not members of Starfleet, it is required that these people have undergone safety and procedural training for what to do during emergencies aboard a starship, and most work in jobs aboard ship that do not require Starfleet training, such as barbers, teachers, and journalists. Occasionally, scientists or diplomats may also be carried aboard for specific missions.
- Interested in simming for a civilian or non-Starfleet character? Contact the command staff to discuss your idea for a character!
Complete Ship's Roster
- Enlisted duty posts and personnel are listed in italics and are all eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- Officer duty posts marked with an asterisk are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- Player Characters(PCs) are listed in bold.
- Player NPCs (PNPCs) are listed with their writer's PC in parentheses.
- General NPCs are listed in plain text with (NPC) after their names.
- If you wish to write for an NPC/PNPC to fill a duty post listed below that is not currently taken or "filled to capacity," you may do so by simply simming the character directly and then adding the character's name to the roster below.
- Numbers listed within each department are not static. If you have an idea for an NPC or PNPC you wish to introduce for a duty post not listed or already filled, please don't hesitate to contact the command staff to discuss further.
- The wiki is considered an out-of-character (OOC) resource to document what is actually simmed. If you add a character to the wiki roster but do not actually introduce that character IC into our sim, then others are allowed to introduce their own character and update the wiki to reflect the actual ship complement accordingly.
Crew of the USS Astraeus
Total: 1291 (350 Officers, 814 Enlisted, 127 Civilians)
|Starfleet Personnel Demographics (Total: 1164 - does not include civilian contingent)
3 Shift Rotation
- Day (Alpha) Shift: 0700-1500 hours
- Swing (Beta) Shift: 1500-2300 hours
- Night (Gamma) Shift: 2300-0700 hours
Officer duty shift staffing varies according to departmental needs as assigned by the department chiefs.
The typical number of enlisted personnel from a particular duty post during a shift is listed after each enlisted post in parentheses: (Day/Swing/Night).
- Example: 3 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/1/0)
- 3 total library aides on board with 2 on duty during Day Shift, 1 on duty during Swing Shift, and 0 on duty during Night Shift.
- Shift schedule rotates weekly.
- All off-duty personnel are on standby during Yellow Alert.
- All off-duty personnel report to their stations during Red Alert.
15 Officers, 15 Enlisted
- 1 Commanding Officer: Captain Mei'konda
- 1 First Officer/Executive Officer: Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek
- 1 Strategic Operations Officer:
- 1 Command Master Chief Petty Officer:
- 1 Chief Helmsman: Lieutenant J.G. Groznin Smith
- 9 Relief Helm/Navigation Officers (3/3/3): Ensign Mesda Chatva (Rosek)
- 1 Records Officer*:
- 6 Records Assistants (2/2/2):
- 1 Mission Specialist: Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar (Zephyr)
- 6 Mission Specialist's Assistants (2/2/2):
40 Officers, 0 Enlisted
- 40 Shuttle Pilots (20/10/10):
62 Officers, 240 Enlisted
- 1 Chief of Sciences: Lieutenant German Galven
- 1 Science Administrative Assistant (Enlisted):
- 59 Scientific Field Specialists: Lieutenant Commander Charmaine Ning, Lieutenant JG Stennin, Ensign Torali Elzizabath (Tel-ar), Lieutenant JG Andrea Munger (Galven)
- 225 Lab Technicians: (100/75/50) Crewman First Class Borq (Galven)
- 1 Stellar Cartographer/Astronomer:
- 1 Ship's Librarian:
- 5 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/2/1): Crewman Second Class The Curator (Stennin)
- 6 Research Technicians (2/2/2): Crewman Second Class Muvyn Padix (NPC)
62 Officers, 69 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Medical Officer: Lieutenant Commander Anath G'Renn
- 1 CMO's Assistant (Enlisted):
- 20 Medical Doctors*: Lieutenant Commander Cade Foster, Lieutenant JG Sheila Bailey, Ensign Greywin Fergus (Zephyr), Ensign Asno Plito EMT (Tel-ar), Lieutenant Varza Remai (General NPC)
- 1 Chief Nursing Officer*: Lieutenant Commander Elina Kincade (Rosek)
- 40 Nursing Officers*: Ensign Calys Vera (General NPC), Lieutenant Faryul Nishal (General NPC), Ensign Beelam Grog (Sheila Bailey)
18 Officers, 188 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Operations Officer:
- Chief Operations Officer's Assistant (Enlisted):
- 6 Relief Operations Officers (3/2/1): Lieutenant Azaila Tevon (Rosek)
- 75 Operations Assistants / Specialists* (40/20/15):
- 6 Diplomatic/Galley/Lounge Attendants (6/0/0):
- 9 Shuttlebay Operations Officers (3/3/3): Lieutenant Elise Fields (General NPC)
- 60 Shuttlecraft Maintenance Technicians (30/20/10):
- 1 Transporter Chief: Lieutenant Emma Lindsay (General NPC)
- 14 Transporter Operators (6/4/4):
- 19 Transporter Technicians (11/4/4):
- 1 Logistics Officer: Ensign Mirk Saltel (General NPC)
- 12 Logistics Assistants (8/6/6):
- 1 Ambassador: Chief Petty Officer Passel Koli (Stennin)
128 Officers, 199 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Engineer: Lieutenant Carter Greyson
- 1 Engineering Administrative Assistant (Enlisted):
- 1 Assistant Chief Engineer:
- 86 Engineering Officers* (30/30/26): Ensign Jon Hawkes, Lieutenant J.G. Francis Michaels (General NPC), Ensign Kiszh (Canreb)
- 9 Components Engineering Technicians (3/3/3):
- 3 Propulsion Systems Officers* (1/1/1): Lieutenant Anjar Thoran (Rosek)
- 7 Warp Field Specialists (3/2/2):
- 7 Impulse Systems Specialists (3/2/2):
- 16 Propulsion Systems Technicians (8/4/4):
- 7 Computer Systems Officers* (4/2/1): Ensign Lieu Dante (Shin)
- 14 Computer Core Technicians (6/4/4):
- 24 Computer Systems Technicians (8/8/8):
- 30 Maintenance/Damage Control Officers* (15/10/5): Lieutenant JG Leona Pierce (Shin)
- 40 Maintenance Specialists/Damage Control Team Leaders (25/10/5):
- 75 Maintenance/Damage Control Technicians (40/20/15): Crewman Second Class Miskre Swenhart (Galven)
25 Officers, 103 Enlisted
- 1 Chief of Security/Tactical: Lieutenant Kawakame Shin
- 12 Security/Tactical Officers (4/4/4): Ensign Marcus Wrader, Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise, Ensign Miko Sirk (Galven),
- 45 Security Crewmen (15/15/15): Crewman 2nd Class Astrid Brisk (Shin)
- 12 Weapons Officers (4/4/4): Lieutenant Michael Goodwell (Rosek)
- 30 Armory Technicians: (15/10/5):
- 12 Torpedo Bay Crewmen (4/4/4):
- 16 Phaser Control Technicians (6/6/4):
Civilians and Guests