“If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've obviously done something wrong.”
|Lieutenant Junior Grade Melody Delri'ise|
Lieutenant (JG) Melody Delri'ise is an Argelian/Kerelian Hybrid currently serving as a Security Officer aboard the Embassy of Duronis II.
- Full Name: Melody Antoinette Delri'ise
- Age: 24
- Species: Argelian/Kerelian hybrid
- Date of Birth: August 26th, 2372
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York, Earth
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic Rating: T0/E3, however empathic abilities are somewhat unpredictable due to Empathic Synaesthesia
- Student ID: CX-262-610
- Nicknames: Delrie, Mel-Muffin
- Combat Prowess: Basic understanding and prowess in the Kerelian fighting style "Avyan"
- Height: 1.57m (5'4")
- Build: Slender
- Hair colour: Golden Blonde
- Eye colour: Blue
- Hair length: Shoulder Length, Curly
- Skin Tone: Fair, somewhat porcelain like
- Vocal Range: Mezzo-Soprano
- Voice: Has a slight New Yorker accent, however, tends to have a softer voice than most. Has a tendency to be uncharacteristically loud when irritated
- Mannerisms: Incessant knuckle cracking, often uses hands to gesticulate
- Temperament: Melody is often very quiet and keeps to herself. She avoids direct physical contact with other people, preferring to keep a certain instinctive distance with a well defined personal bubble. Melody carries herself calmly and with a bounce in her step
- Taste in Clothing (On Duty): Melody wears her Starfleet uniform with pride, choosing to opt for the skant uniform, however always accompanies her work attire with a pair of plain white, cotton gloves bearing the starfleet insignia
- Taste in Clothing (Off Duty): Melody's attire consists of practical clothing with a hint of style to it. Melody's connection to theatre and earth's culture led her to grow an attachment to 1900's era clothing, which reflected a level of style and elegance with a measure of practicality.
- Strengths: mathematical, loyal, passionate and analytical
- Weaknesses: perfectionist, self indulgent, reckless, impulsive and can be seen as bratty
Outwardly, Melody shows a level of charisma and competence, often she attempts to look her best even at her worst. She's an incredibly competent officer, however tends to struggle under pressure and can be worn down quite easily if exposed to large crowds. Melody thrives on her level of charisma, and can quite often find herself getting flustered under situations she's unprepared for or at times when her natural charisma fails her. Often when passionate about something she tends to gesticulate in a delicate and strangely dramatic mode of movement. Melody can be described as being very self assured and even incredibly overconfident at times.
- Singing: Melody as a child and a teenager spent a lot of time in theatres around New York and took a liking to musicals and performing in various types of theatre. As she grew up, Melody became a skilled vocalist, her voice and vocal range scoring her many roles where a strong voice was required. Due to her keen Kerelian hearing, Melody found it very easy to pick up on certain notes and tones when it came to singing and music.
- Acting: Upon spending time in theatres, Melody took a variety of acting classes and became skilled with acting in various types of theatre and portraying many different characters handed to her.
- Mathematics: Melody aside from being gifted in the performing arts excelled greatly at mathematics. She later discovered she took a particular liking to many different branches of physics and astronomy.
- Marital Status: Single
- Mother: Allura Delri'ise
- Father: Tisan Delri'ise
- Early Life
Melody was born an only child into a humble, small family on stardate 23718.26 in the city of New York. Her childhood was met with significant difficulty, inheriting a genetic mutation from both her mother and father that caused a mild case of Empathic Synaesthesia, forcing the uncontrolled use of her empathic abilities via physical contact. Melody lived much of her childhood attempting to conceal her ailment, doing everything she could to avoid situations where she would be limited by the gift she took as a weakness. However, much to Melody’s protest, her parents would often find a way to get her out in the real world, talking to real people.
As Melody grew older, she began undergoing meditation to attempt to reduce the effects of her Synaesthesia. Around this time, Melody found comfort in covering her hands with clothing items such as gloves or mittens to reduce her everyday limitations and the impairments that came with the burden of Synaesthesia. Around the age of 14, Melody began to break into theatre, discovering her passion for performing as well as that of acting. Throughout secondary school Melody began taking up singing lessons and a wide variety of extracurricular activities that involved theatre and or acting. However she felt rather torn, Melody developed and refined her skills in the theatre and also began sprouting and developing her natural knack for various interests in mathematics and sciences. Melody grew into herself showing various analytical aspects of herself as well as the half of her mind that lived in theatre, showing grace and outgoingness, yet remaining quiet and alone in her own little world. She always felt like she didn’t quite fit in with many other humans. Her parents throughout her teen and childhood were often quite overbearing and Melody enjoyed how self expressive the theatre was and often felt at home on the stage. Melody often times felt as if her parents tried to forcibly shape her into the image of a perfect child. She dreamed of leaving New York to get away from home. She studied hard to achieve her dreams of one day joining Starfleet, not only due to her fascination with numbers, but to finally live her life the way she wanted. Melody's aspirations of joining Starfleet slowly drove a wedge between her and her parents, Melody developed a somewhat rebellious nature, often times fighting with her parents because of the lack of freedom they gave her.
- Academy Life
Melody’s first year at the academy was somewhat underwhelming. She kept to herself mostly, it was a somewhat quiet and lonely first year, however it allowed Melody to focus on things such as her studies. In her years at the academy she majored in Astrophysics and out of sheer fascination, minored in Tactical Defence. In her years, Melody picked up multiple texts such as The Art of War, finding it to be some encapsulating food for thought. Melody even considered majoring in Tactical, as she found that her analytical nature often allowed for her to closely analyse and deconstruct many dangerous situations. In Melody’s second year she was able to come out of her shell, making friends with multiple people as well as hoping to send in an application for her cadet cruise within the conclusion of her third year. Melody enjoyed the academy life, although she lived on campus, she enjoyed the freedom away from her parents. Melody often times found herself struggling with the levels of authority in the academy, landing herself in detention or face to face with a professor more times than she'd like to admit.
During her fourth year, Melody served onboard the USS Scarborough. as a stellar cartographer. She worked in a close knit environment among the small populous of science officer on board the small transport vessel. Melody’s main task as one of the three stellar cartographers onboard was to constantly monitor and analyse the best/safest route to the Scarborough’s destination. While on the Scarborough, Melody was promoted to the rank of Ensign. However, taking the first steps in her career, Melody struggled to work under an almost demanding department chief. She would find herself taking on tasks she wasn't authorised to complete, or at times taking hours to submit reports that weren't to her personal standards. Often times she would find herself meeting with the ship's counsellor in some attempt to resolve her issues with taking orders.
- Career in Starfleet
For an extra year, Melody served on the Scarborough until she was offered a position as a tactical officer onboard the USS Vera Cruz, an old constitution class starship. Melody took the job, despite having made some meaningful friendships, however she made every possible effort she could to keep in contact with the relationships she had formed. Melody gained some valuable experience while on the Vera Cruz, learning not only furthering her knowledge in tactical, but how to use the limited resources at hand to her advantage. Working with an old ship had many benefits, and after an extra 18 months of working as a tactical officer, she was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade. But, feeling she had learned all there was from the Vera Cruz, Melody continued in her pursuit of a successful career in starfleet and took up a position onboard the USS Astraeus.
|Cadet Fourth Class||238909.18 - 239009.18||Starfleet Academy||Science Cadet|
|Cadet Third Class||239109.18 - 239209.18||Starfleet Academy||Science Cadet|
|Cadet Second Class||239209.18 - 239301.27||Starfleet Academy||Science Cadet|
|Cadet First Class||Graduated 239401.27||USS Scarborough||Cadet Cruise|
|Ensign||239401.27- 239501.27||USS Scarborough||Science Officer|
|Ensign||239501.27 - 239509.27||USS Vera Cruz||Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239509.27 - 239607.29||USS Vera Cruz||Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239607.29 - 239611.19||USS Astraeus||Security/Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239611.19 - Present||Embassy/USS Thor||Security Officer|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Budding Friend and Colleague
Melody and Wrader met during the Astraeus' first mission, since then the pair hit it off as friends. Melody and Wrader have grown closer since
- Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - I'll See You Out There, Spaceman USS Astraeus - Melody says goodbye to the Astraeus
- 'Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - Journalist Extraordinaire USS Astraeus - Melody enjoys a holodeck program, as the fiery New York journalist, Dida Williams, investigating a murder
- Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - Echoes USS Astraeus - Upon being knocked unconcious from an explosion onboard an alien ship, Melody experiences a vivid flashback of the death of a man she loved
|NPC Listing · Embassy/USS Thor Crew Manifest · Crew History