|Birthplace||Brooklyn, New York|
“If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've obviously done something wrong”
Lieutenant (JG) Melody Delri'ise is an Argelian/Kerelian Hybrid currently serving as a Tactical Officer aboard the USS Juneau. Melody was reassigned to the Juneau along with the rest of the Eagle's crew. She came aboard the Eagle shortly after transferring from the Embassy.
- Full Name: Melody Antoinette Delri'ise
- Age: 24
- Species: Argelian/Kerelian hybrid
- Date of Birth: August 26th, 2372
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York, Earth
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic Rating: T0/E3, however empathic abilities are somewhat unpredictable due to Empathic Synaesthesia
- Student ID: CX-262-610
- Nicknames: Delrie, Mel-Muffin
- Combat Prowess: Basic understanding and prowess in the Kerelian fighting style "Avyan"
- Height: 1.57m (5'4")
- Build: Slender
- Hair colour: Golden Blonde
- Eye colour: Blue
- Hair length: Shoulder Length, Curly
- Skin Tone: Fair, somewhat porcelain like
- Vocal Range: Mezzo-Soprano
- Voice: Has a slight New Yorker accent, however, tends to have a softer voice than most. Has a tendency to be uncharacteristically loud when irritated
- Mannerisms: Incessant knuckle cracking, often uses hands to gesticulate
- Temperament: Melody is often very quiet and keeps to herself. She avoids direct physical contact with other people, preferring to keep a certain instinctive distance with a well defined personal bubble. Melody carries herself calmly and with a bounce in her step
- Taste in Clothing (On Duty): Melody wears her Starfleet uniform with pride, choosing to opt for the skant uniform or swapping the standard-issue trousers for a black pencil skirt. However, Melody always accompanies her work attire with a pair of plain white, gloves bearing the starfleet insignia
- Taste in Clothing (Off Duty): Melody's attire consists of practical clothing with a hint of style to it. Melody's connection to theatre and earth's culture led her to grow an attachment to 1900's era clothing, which reflected a level of style and elegance with a measure of practicality.
- Strengths: mathematical, loyal, passionate and analytical
- Weaknesses: perfectionist, self indulgent, reckless, impulsive and can be seen as bratty
Outwardly, Melody shows a level of charisma and competence, often she attempts to look her best even at her worst. She's an incredibly competent officer, however tends to struggle under pressure and can be worn down quite easily if exposed to large crowds. Melody thrives on her level of charisma, and can quite often find herself getting flustered under situations she's unprepared for or at times when her natural charisma fails her. Often when passionate about something she tends to gesticulate in a delicate and strangely dramatic mode of movement. Melody can be described as being very self assured and even incredibly overconfident at times.
- Singing: Melody as a child and a teenager spent a lot of time in theatres around New York and took a liking to musicals and performing in various types of theatre. As she grew up, Melody became a skilled vocalist, her voice and vocal range scoring her many roles where a strong voice was required. Due to her keen Kerelian hearing, Melody found it very easy to pick up on certain notes and tones when it came to singing and music.
- Acting: Upon spending time in theatres, Melody took a variety of acting classes and became skilled with acting in various types of theatre and portraying many different characters handed to her.
- Mathematics: Melody aside from being gifted in the performing arts excelled greatly at mathematics. She later discovered she took a particular liking to many different branches of physics and astronomy.
- Marital Status: Single
- Mother: Allura Delri'ise
- Father: Tisan Delri'ise
- Early Life
Melody was born an only child into a humble, small family on stardate 23718.26 in the city of New York. Her childhood was met with significant difficulty, inheriting a genetic mutation from both her mother and father that caused a somewhat severe case of Empathic Synaesthesia, forcing the uncontrolled, passive use of her empathic abilities via any form of skin contact. Melody lived much of her childhood attempting to conceal the effects of her defect, playing off things like exhaustion and sensory overloads as a sign of weakness in her eyes. Melody during her early life lived an almost solitary existence. Seeing as Melody couldn't be cured without suffering severe brain damage, her parents decided to isolate her, knowing full well of the strain one's mental abilities could put on an individual.
As Melody grew older, she began undergoing meditation to attempt to reduce the effects of Empathic Synaesthesia and to better understand how to control her abilities. Despite never fully being able to suppress or remove her empathy from its passive state, Melody learned how to weaken the often draining side effects, although not by much. Around this time, Melody found comfort in covering her hands with clothing items such as gloves as a means to reduce her contact with others. Around the age of 14, Melody began to break into theatre, discovering her passion for performing as well as that of acting. But due to the overprotective nature of her parents, Melody would do everything she could to just sneak out of the house, to taste the freedom she was supposedly born with. It wasn't exactly uncommon that Melody would find herself sneaking out in the dead of night just so she could see some obscure musical from earth's 20th century. Every limitation her mother and father would pile on to the endless list of house rules, only drove her to further lengths to rebel. Slowly, performing became less of a hobby and far more of a symbol of freedom.
Throughout secondary school, Melody began taking up singing lessons and a wide variety of extracurricular activities that involved theatre and or acting, just so she could have some taste of being on stage. However she felt rather torn, Melody developed and refined her skills in the theatre, but, also began sprouting and developing her natural talents in areas such as mathematics and sciences. Melody grew into herself showing various analytical aspects of her personality, as well as the half of her mind that lived in the theatre, showing grace and outgoingness, yet always feeling trapped in her own world. She always felt like she didn’t quite fit in with many other humans. Her parents throughout her teen and childhood were often quite overbearing and Melody enjoyed how self-expressive the theatre was and treated the stage like a second home. Melody often times felt as if her parents tried to forcibly shape her into the image of a perfect child, constantly treating like she was too fragile for the world around her. She dreamed of leaving New York to get away from home. She studied hard to achieve her dreams of one day joining Starfleet, not only due to her fascination with numbers and seeing the universe but to finally live her life the way she wanted. Melody's aspirations of joining Starfleet slowly drove a wedge between her and her parents, causing countless fights and arguments before she finally walked out on her parents. Her Kerelian father, frequently reminding her of how weak she was and her Argelian mother, never fully appreciating Melody's talents in the arts.
- Academy Life
Melody’s first year at the academy was somewhat underwhelming. She kept to herself mostly, it was a somewhat quiet and lonely first year, however, it allowed her to focus on things such as her studies. In her years at the academy, she majored in Astrophysics and out of sheer fascination, minored in Tactical Defence. Melody picked up multiple texts such as The Art of War as well as classic poetry and old earth plays, finding it to be some encapsulating food for thought. Melody even considered completely changing her major to Tactical, as she found that her analytical nature often allowed her to closely deconstruct and dissect many dangerous situations and simulations. She found herself to become quite scheming and incredibly cunning as time rolled on but lacked the maturity to bring many of her plans to fruition. In Melody’s second year she was able to come out of her shell, making friends with multiple people as well as hoping to send in an application for her cadet cruise within the conclusion of her third year. Melody enjoyed the academy life, although she lived on campus, she enjoyed the freedom away from her parents. But, Melody oftentimes found herself struggling with the levels of authority in the academy, landing herself in detention or face to face with a professor more times than she'd like to admit.
During her fourth year, Melody served onboard the USS Scarborough. as a stellar cartographer. She worked in a close-knit environment among the small populous of science officers on board the small transport vessel. Melody’s main task as one of the three stellar cartographers onboard was to constantly monitor and analyse the best/safest route to the Scarborough’s destination. While on the Scarborough, Melody was promoted to the rank of Ensign. However, upon taking the first steps in her career and under several staff changes, she struggled to function under the tight watch of a new chief scientist. She would find herself taking on tasks she wasn't authorised to complete, or at times taking hours to submit reports that weren't to her personal standards. Often times she would find herself meeting with the ship's counsellor in some attempt to resolve her issues with taking orders from those she personally disliked. Melody at the worst of times acted immaturely, or even bratty when given some absurd or unreasonable order
- Career in Starfleet
For an extra year, Melody served on the Scarborough until she was offered a position as a tactical officer onboard the USS Vera Cruz, an old constitution class starship. Melody took the job, despite having made some meaningful friendships, however, she made every possible effort she could to keep in contact with the relationships she had formed. Melody gained some valuable experience while on the Vera Cruz, learning not only furthering her knowledge in tactical but how to use the limited resources at hand to her advantage. Working with an old ship had many benefits, and after an extra 18 months of working as a tactical officer, she was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade. But, feeling she had learned all there was from the Vera Cruz, Melody continued in her pursuit of a successful career in Starfleet and took up a position onboard the USS Astraeus.
|Cadet Fourth Class||238909.18 - 239009.18||Starfleet Academy||Science Cadet|
|Cadet Third Class||239109.18 - 239209.18||Starfleet Academy||Science Cadet|
|Cadet Second Class||239209.18 - 239301.27||Starfleet Academy||Science Cadet|
|Cadet First Class||Graduated 239401.27||USS Scarborough||Cadet Cruise|
|Ensign||239401.27- 239501.27||USS Scarborough||Science Officer|
|Ensign||239501.27 - 239509.27||USS Vera Cruz||Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239509.27 - 239607.29||USS Vera Cruz||Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239607.29 - 239611.19||USS Astraeus||Security/Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239611.19 - 239612.23||Embassy/USS Thor||Security Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239612.23 - 239704.28||USS Eagle||Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||239704.28 - Present||USS Juneau||Tactical Officer|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Budding Friend and Colleague
Melody and Wrader met during the Astraeus' first mission, since then the pair hit it off as friends. Melody and Wrader have grown closer since
- Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - I'll See You Out There, Spaceman USS Astraeus - Melody says goodbye to the Astraeus
- 'Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - Journalist Extraordinaire USS Astraeus - Melody enjoys a holodeck program, as the fiery New York journalist, Dida Williams, investigating a murder
- Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - Echoes USS Astraeus - Upon being knocked unconcious from an explosion onboard an alien ship, Melody experiences a vivid flashback of the death of a man she loved
|NPC Listing · USS Juneau Crew Manifest · Crew History