|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Birthplace||Tamulna, Musilla Province, Bajor|
Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Etan Ijor is currently serving as a Science Officer aboard the USS Resolution.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Background
- 5 Starfleet Career
- 6 Alternate Realities & Timelines
- 7 Service History
- 8 Awards & Service Ribbons
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Sim Archive
- Height: 1.82m (6')
- Weight: 74.8kg (165lbs)
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Brown
- Build: Average
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
While not shy by any stretch of the imagination, Iljor is a contemplative and quiet man and not one given to loquaciousness. There is a serene grace about him. He is perhaps most animated discussing his passion in life: archaeology. He is also extremely humble, eschewing recognition when he receives service ribbons and is almost always embarrassed by the attention The kind to study and take in a room before engaging, he is diligent and careful in everything that he does. He approaches assignments with scientific methodology such as proposing a debate (as opposed to a diplomatic summit) between the Thama and the Nascaik over the rights to an uninhabited planet.
He is often reluctant to confide in people when faced with a personal challenge, believing that if he does he will be burdening them with his problems. When he was confronted with allegations about his parents' activities in the Occupation of Bajor (see below for more information.), it was several months before he confided in somebody.
- Mother: Etan Oona: Farmer. Former member of the Bajor Resistance during the Cardassian Occupation, currently awaiting trial for war crimes in prison. In 2398, Evidence came to light that thirty-three years earlier she was involved in the unwitting massacre of Cardassian religious refugees as part part of an Obsidian Order false flag operation. Iljor was made aware of these allegations but did not immediately act upon them. Eventually, he confronted both Oona and Rehr and found out that the allegations were true and that the massacre was covered up by the Vedek Assembly who were sheltering the refugees. She was then banished from Bajor, settling on the Tender Colony with Rehr before returning to Bajor sometime between 2369 and 2375. She enjoyed making a fuss of her only child- especially in matters of the heart. She was seemingly unable to grasp that romance was not a priority for Iljor and frequently attempted to set him up with a myriad of unsuitable partners.
- Father: Etan Rehr: Farmer. Former member of the Bajor Resistance during the Cardassian Occupation, currently awaiting trial for war crimes in prison In 2398, Evidence came to light that thirty-three years earlier he was involved in the unwitting massacre of Cardassian religious refugees as part part of an Obsidian Order false flag operation. Iljor was made aware of these allegations but did not immediately act upon them. Eventually, he confronted both Oona and Rehr and found out that the allegations were true and that the massacre was covered up by the Vedek Assembly who were sheltering the refugees. She was then banished from Bajor, settling on the Tender Colony with Rehr before returning to Bajor sometime between 2369 and 2375. It was Rehr who uploaded the data given to Iljor to the public communications networks. Rehr was a quiet and contemplative man who loves the land he works upon. He was immensely proud of Iljor but could not deny that he was disappointed by his decision to enter Starfleet, rather than take over the running of the farm.
- Paternal Grandmother: Etan Sobra: Iljor's grandmother at one time considered a life as a member of the Bajoran clergy but instead chose to marry Iljor's grandfather. Iljor relayed her tale to Crewman Hamsan in an attempt to help the medical technician make a decision about his own romantic dilemma. . She passed away at some point prior to 2398- with Iljor believing that she did so of a broken heart after her son and daughter-in-law where banished from Bajor. Note: Iljor's grandmother was not named in the linked post above. She has been named for the purposes of this biography.
- Creej Tavron: A close friend from his time at Starfleet Academy. A member of the Brikar species who Iljor believes smells like lilacs and Bajoran peat bogs.
- Lieutenant (J.G.)Yogan Yalu - Roommate aboard the Resolution. Yogan and Iljor quickly bonded, with the former inviting him to participate in his zhian'tara. During the time he embodied Yalu's second host, Edanne revealed to Yogan that Iljor considered him akin to a big brother. During one routine surgery mission, the two stumbled across an adrift Type-7 shuttlecraft emerging from the Celendi Nebula.
- Lieutenant (J.G.) Meidra Sirin - After the two worked together in preparation for diplomatic summit aboard the Resolution a friendship began to develop between them. A weekly lunch began between the two of them and Iljor also spent some time during his first shore leave with Meidra and her boyfriend, Dwich. When she was threatened by her grandfather, Iljor was the one to pull her out of harms way. She also takes an active interest in Iljor's love life, having attempted to set him with an Orion visitor to DS224. Iljor is aware that Meidra keeps a lot of herself guarded from others and while understandably curious, he respects her decision. Meidra was also the first person that Iljor told about the accusations that his parents participated in a massacre of Cardassian refugees during the Occupation and she also agreed to travel to Bajor to help him confront his parents. She was present when Oona and Rehr confessed their part in the massacre and was there when they were arrested by Bajoran Security.
- Lieutenant (J.G.) Aine Sherlock - Aine and Iljor's friendship began during his first shore leave after the conclusion of the Thama-Nascaik peace summit. They quickly developed a rapport but were both bemused when people repeatedly mistook them for a couple. She worked in cahoots with Meidra Sirin to introduce Iljor to Niera, an Orion passing through Deep Space 224 during the shore leave follow the Thama/Nascaik peace treaty. She subsequently promised Iljor not to meddle in his love life (while cautioning him that Meidra might continue to do so). She also took it upon herself to find Iljor a drink from her homeland that he would like. It was her that introduced him to Tyrconnell, an Irish whiskey.
- Crewman (Second Class) Hamsan Dwich: Introduced to each other by Meidra Sirin, Dwich's girlfriend, the two have bonded over their shared devotion to The Way of The Prophets. Iljor helped Dwich navigate the pitfalls of potentially moving in with Meidra over drinks in an Irish tavern aboard Deep Space 224.
- Niera: Iljor's romantic interest. An itinerant student that Iljor was introduced to via Meidra Sirin and Aine Sherlock. Although, he was annoyed at their 'matchmaking' scheme, he was still attracted to Niera. Several weeks later they met once more, Niera having been invited to Addison MacKenzie's promotion celebration (by Meidra). They took a walk away from prying eyes where they both confessed their attraction to one another. Niera asked Iljor on a date and he accepted. Shortly afterwards, they kissed for the first time. Niera went to Bajor on a whim, having felt called there- and became the second person that Iljor told about his parent's history with the Resistance during the Occupation.
Born to resistance fighters- turned-farmers on the outskirts of the Tamulna Municipality in the Musilla Province on Bajor. He became interested in history relatively young after his mother read him stories of Bajor’s storied past and was encouraged to study archeology by a teacher at the local secondary school. His parents were supportive of his choice of career, although he believes that his father was somewhat disappointed by it at first. At the age of sixteen, he was selected as a volunteer at the excavation of the Holy City of B'Hala. He joined Starfleet as he compelled to give something back to the organisation that- in his mind- had helped his people recover from the Occupation. Holding Benjamin Sisko, a Starfleet officer, in reverence was also a deciding factor in his enrolment in Starfleet. In his spare time, he is a springball enthusiast, both a participant and as a spectator.
As a teenager he became aware that his parents were former resistance fighters but did not pursue any details after seeing his mother's reaction to his initial question. He was unable to quantify the look in her eyes, but he knew it was enough to stop from delving any further into the topic.
He was a devout follower of The Way of The Prophets and believed that his gods have laid out a path for him to follow. He took a copy of Yalar's New Insights with him when he was assigned to the Resolution. He also visited a Bajoran temple on Vulcan shortly after he reported for duty aboard the Resolution. He was noted for viewing everything in his life through the prism of his beliefs and through science, which played a similarly important part in his life.
Beginnings Aboard the Resolution.
Assigned to the USS Resolution as a science officer, he joined the crew at Vulcan where they were recouperating after an arduous mission involving time travel. A short while later, the Resolution was assigned to mediate talks between the Thama Scientific Sovereignty and the Nascaik Defence Coaltion- stellar neighbours whose individual claims to the uninhabited world of Vionus IV had pushed them to the brink of war. He is first tasked with help First Officer Addison MacKenzie come up with a plan of action and to uncover the murky motivations of both species. Iljor proposed treating the situation scientifically by asking each party to present detailed proposals for why they should lay claim to Vionus. He was troubled by apparent similiarities between the Nascaik and the Cardassians and sought the counsel of Meidra Sirin.
When the Resolution arrived at Vionus IV, Iljor was assigned to an away team to study the planet in the hopes of finding out why both the Thama and the Nascaik were so interested in the planet. After he discovered deposits of astatine in the planet's crust, the away team located a crashed probe and the team extract the data core. Upon further examination of the data core's contents, Iljor uncovered the truth behind the Nascaik's interest in the planet: rare and previously unknown minerals that would solve a population crisis. After he reported this to Commander MacKenzie, Iljor then turned his attention to a spate of systems failures aboard the Resolution, brought about a terrorist attack engineered by a Thama delegate. He and Ensign Yellir quickly realised that pollen dispersed throughout the ship by the renegade Thama delegate was causing the ship's bio-neural circuitry to have an "allergic reaction" and was part of the time that helped to develop an antidote against it. (Resolution:The Ties that Bind)
An Inconvenient Truth.
Shortly after the completion of the summit between the Thama and the Nascaik, Iljor was invited to participate in the zhian'tara of his roommate, Lieutenant Yogan Yalu. He embodied Yalu's second host- a kindly farmer called Edanne. He found the experience to be profound and through Edanne revealed that he had come to see Yogan as the older brother he never had. Shortly afterwards, however- he was approached by a Cardassian whistleblower- Akhbett Jirall- who presented him with evidence that his parents were involved in the unwitting massacre of a group of Cardassian religious refugees during the Occupation of Bajor and that their involvement was covered up the Vedek Assembly who had been sheltering the refugees. They had been fed information that the refugees were part of an Obsidian Order operation. He did not know what to do with the information, returning to the Resolution deeply unsure. 
During this time, Iljor was promoted to Lieutenant (Junior Grade) for his work during the Thama/Nascaik mission, with Lieutenant Commander MacKenzie noting that his dedication to science was 'infectious' and that he set an example people should follow. .
First Contact with the Skarn.
Shortly after Iljor's promotion, the Resolution was assigned to investigate the disappearance of a Federation science vessel in the Briar Patch. Iljor was first assigned to discover all he could about the region and the potential hazards that the Resolution might have faced. He later briefed Mission Specialist Tai Ilsam, Commander MacKenzie and Fleet Captain Nicholotti. He manned the science station when the Resolution discovered a rogue planet within the Patch before it was assaulted by a gravimetric energy wave and hundreds upon thousands of rocks. The ship crashed onto the surface of the planet, but he was uninjured. Captain Nicholotti then assigned him to an away team to scout the area, where they eventually came upon survivors of the doomed U.S.S. Hanno and two Romulan vessels that had also gone missing in the region. The away team discovered that the planet was inhabited by non-corporeal aliens known as the Skarn who were oppressed by their leader, Arbelo. Taken to meet them, Arbelo accused the away team of attempting to steal the source of their power- stones that Iljor hypothesised might act some kind of telepathic resonator or amplifier, allowing Arbelo to exert his powers over a vast area (including beyond the limitations of their homeworld and thus causing the Resolution, the Hanno and the two Romulan vessels to crash upon the planet's surface). Iljor survived Lieutenant Sherlock's explosive solution to the situation and befriended one of the survivors of the Hanno. He was also present when Ferdzy, an elderly Romulan survivors, disembarked to live out the remainder of his years with the Skarn. (Resolution: Stranded)
Personal Indecision & Celendi Nebula Discovery.
Upon the Resolution's return to Deep Space 224, Iljor was once more consumed with the accusations levied against his parents by Akhbett Jirall and found it increasingly difficult to relax. Several members of the crew began to notice the change in Iljor's mood and he inadvertantly sought help from Doctor Genkos Adea who- without knowing the specifics of the issues plaguing the young science officer- assured Iljor that should he choose to face the situation head on, the crew would be there to pick up the pieces for him.  This was also echoed in a conversation that he had with Aine Sherlock. Around this time, Iljor also helped Crewman Hamsan Dwich deal with his own personal dilemma- whether to move in with his girlfriend, Meidra Sirin. Iljor advised him to speak to Meidra and assured him that she would not judge him for wanting to pursue a life of spiritual service. He belatedly realised that the advice also applied to him: Meidra would not judge him based on the accusations brought against his parents and he resolved to seek her assistance.  He reveals his struggle to the counsellor a short while later who agrees to accompany him to Bajor to confront his parents. . Shortly after this conversation, Iljor awarded the Explorer's, First Contact and Scientific Discovery ribbons for his actions during the Resolution's visit to the Skarn Homeworld.
Before he could travel to Bajor, Iljor participated in a routine survey mission of the Celendi Nebula with Lieutenant Yogan Yalu where they discovered a Federation Type-7 shuttlecraft formerly attached to the USS Ibn Battuta, adrift. Upon boarding it they discover no evidence of its occupation, even though Federation records point to it going missing with the Ibn Battuta's first officer and a shuttle pilot aboard. Further scans also revealed that the shuttle was apparently without anyone on board, creating something of a mystery. With limited resources and eager to find out the fates of the Ibn Battuta's missing crew members, the two return to the Resolution with the derelict in tow.
Caught In CloQ's Trap
During a routine survey of the Borderlands, the Resolution was attacked by an old Klingon D-7 Class battlecruiser, the IKS qor'Du. Iljor was in Engineering at the time discussing potential modifications relating to the ship's recent trip to the Borderlands. A warp core breach suddenly began and Iljor was tasked with venting plasma from the nacelles, despite his inexperience with matters relating to Engineering. He reported that the core breach had somehow accelerated and was present when the time around him seemed to freeze before time seemed to loop back 5 minutes. The second time around, the crew ejected the core and Iljor was sheltering outside engineering when the shockwave from the core breach destroyed the Resolution. He was also present when it was discovered that the Resolution had been transposed to a cube-shaped reality approximately 1.6 light years across. At the beginning of the third loop he collapsed to the deck, disorientated by the sudden shift, although he quickly recovered. As the team in engineering began to realise that the loops were being manipulated by an unknown intelligence, Iljor suggested that in order to attract the attentions of whomever was responsible, they should create an inverse tachyon pulse. The team- consisting of Hallia Yellir, Zy Matu and Addison MacKenzie- began the pulse, but it quickly began to weaken which Iljor took as further proof that there was an intelligence at work. He also hit upon the idea of using a radiometric converter to purge waste antimatter from the ship- thus preventing the warp core breach. During the course of their attempts to escape from the pocket universe, Iljor began to find himself floating between his current reality and an alternate version where he was a farmer of Bajor. A temporally unstuck Meidra Sirin attempted to direct him back to the prime reality, only succeeding when she touched him. This was enough for him to become anchor in the correct reality, just in time for the time loop to reset. Iljor's suggestion of using an inverse tachyon pulse eventually bore fruit when paired with a graviton beam and the Resolution is able to return to the 24th century. (Resolution: Time In A Bottle) .
Return To Bajor
Following the encounter with CloQ, the Resolution returned to Deep Space 224, where Fleet Captain Nicholotti was allowed use of the USS Excalibur-A to ferry the crew to Bajor for shore leave. They arrived in the midst of the global Gratitude Festival, however Iljor- having made plans with Meidra Sirin- decided not to attend the festival with his friends and instead returned to his parents farm on the prairies of the Muscilla Province, intent on questioning his parents over Akhbett Jirall's allegations that they had been involved in a massacre thirty years earlier. He found being back at home to be strangely unsettling and opted to attempt to enjoy one last night of normality with his parents (who were immediately taken with Meidra, his mother especially) before confronting them. He discovered that his parents were indeed involved in a massacre, just as had been described to him by Akhbett Jirall- that they had been tricked into participating and that both of them had lived with the guilt ever since. He also learned that several days after the event, they were smuggled off Bajor by the Vedek Assembly and sent to live at Tender Colony. He fled the farmhouse for a while, overwhelmed at the truth and accompanied by Meidra. Shortly afterwards, they were summoned back to the house and discovered that his father had uploaded the entire contents of Akhbett Jirall's data rod to the public comments so that everyone on Bajor would learn what happened that night. A short while later, Iljor and Meidra were forced to watch as both his parents were arrested by Bajoran security. Iljor decided to return to the Excalibur-A the following morning, realising that there was nothing left for him on the farm.
Alternate Realities & Timelines
- During the Resolution's encounter with the being known as CloQ, Iljor began to slip between the prime reality and one where he was a farmer on Bajor and had not entered Starfleet. The shifting of realities left him disorientated and confused, with his body in a state of molecular discohesion. Only a touch from a similarly displaced Meidra Sirin brought him back to the prime reality (Resolution: Time In A Bottle) .
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Iljor did not consider himself well versed in temporal mechanics, having barely scraped a passing grade at the Academy.
- He had a copy of Yalar's New Insights- a religious text- with him aboard Resolution.
- He was a casual spring ball enthusiast.
- Iljor was equally fond of and perplexed by human aphorisms.
- Let The Winds of Change Carry Us - (Stardate 239802.02 - Newly commisioned Ensign Etan reflects on his time and the academy and his excitement about what the future may bring.)
- The Fairest Blossom - (Stardate 239802.03 - Ensign Etan speaks of his reasons for joining Starfleet to Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie.
- New Ensign Smell - (Stardate 239802.05 - Iljor meet shis new roommate, Lieutenant Yalu).
- Nothing Happens Until Something Moves - (Stardate 239802.11 - Iljor assists the Acting Chief of Science and a colleague with the fall out from Resolution's recent trip to the distant future).
- Seeing Light In The Heart - (Stardate 239802.13 - Iljor visits a Bajoran temple on Vulcan and reflects on his faith).
- "The Land And The People Are One" (Stardate 239802.16 - Iljor discusses life on his parents farm on Bajor].
- Nature's Masterpiece - (Stardate 239802.18 - Iljor continues to discuss his family life as well as his love of archaeology.)
- Carpe Diem, Quam Minimum Credula Postero (Stardate 239803.02 - Iljor is given his first mission assignment- one that is in his wheelhouse.)
- "We Are Only Who We Always Were" (Stardate 239803.08 - Iljor hits on idea that could shape the mission ahead.)
- No Man Is Born Perpendicular Part I (Stardate 239803.12 - After a meeting, Iljor and Meidra discuss the issue of biased judgements over dinner.)
- No Man Is Born Perpendicular Part II (Stardated 239803.12 - After a meeting, Iljor and Meidra discuss the issue of biased judgements over dinner.)
- Interregnum (Stardate 239803.13 - Iljor prays for the success of Resolution's mission).
- A Word Home (Stardate 239804.18 - After the completion of their recent mission, Iljor writes home) - Posted to the Appreciations forum by Genkos Adea.
- Watch It Grow Part I (Stardate 239804.18 - Visiting Trill for Yogan Yalu's zhian'tara, Iljor lends his body to former Yalu host Edanne.) - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- Watch It Grow Part II (Stardate 239804.18 - Visiting Trill for Yogan Yalu's zhian'tara, Iljor lends his body to former Yalu host Edanne.) - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- An Inconvenient Truth Part I (Stardate 239804.28 - Iljor discovers some disturbing information about his parents) - Joint Post with Yogan Yalu.
- An Inconvenient Truth Part II (Stardate 239804.28 - Iljor discovers some disturbing information about his parents) - Joint Post with the Yogan Yalu.
- With A Finer Spirit Of Hope And Achievement Part I (Stardate 239805.04 - Iljor's hard work and determination during the Resolution's recent mission is recognised by Captain Nicholotti and Lt. Commander MacKenzie).
- With A Finer Spirit Of Hope And Achievement Part II (Stardate 239805.04 - Iljor's hard work and determination during the Resolution's recent mission is recognised by Captain Nicholotti and Lt. Commander MacKenzie).
- O Brave New World, That Has Such People In't. (Stardate 239805.26 - After a hard landing on a rogue planet, Iljor takes his first steps on the planet). - - Posted to the Appreciations forum by Yogan Yalu.
- "To Seek Out New Life..." (Stardate 239805.28 - Iljor and the away team have a strange encounter, leading him to make a startling hypothesis).
- A Disquiet Follows My Soul (Stardate 239806.10 - A departure aboard the Resolution gives Iljor pause for thought about his own familial situation.)
- A Cage Without A Key (Stardate 239806.23 - Iljor's personal troubles lead him to Sickbay and assistance from an unexpected quarter.)
- I Stand Alone (Stardate 239806.25 - Confused and upset, Iljor visits Sickbay to elicit Doctor Adea's advice on how to deal with the problems in his personal life).
- The Hour Of The Wolf (Stardate 239806.28 - Doctor Adea gives Iljor the clarity and direction he needs.)
- ...In Mysterious Ways (Stardate 239807.08 - Over a friendly drink, Iljor helps Crewman Hamsan look for answer to his questions... and finds answers of his own.)
- Pains To Light Part I (Stardate 239807.09 - Iljor finally confides in Counsellor Sirin, revealing the accusations levied against his parents.)
- Pains To Light Part II (Stardate 239807.09 - Meidra resolves to help Iljor confront his parents.)
- It's Gloria, From Cleveland Part I - (Stardate 239807.12 - A routine survey mission in a shuttle craft for Iljor and Yogan Yalu offers the roommates a chance to bond.) - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- It's Gloria, From Cleveland Part II - (Stardate 239807.13 - Still surveying the Celendi Nebula, Yogan and Iljor discuss the recent relocation of Romulan survivors and Yogan's trip to their new home.) - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- It's Gloria, From Cleveland Part III - (Stardate 239807.13 - Yogan and Iljor's surveying assignment takes an unexpected and mysterious turn.] - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- It's Gloria, From Cleveland Part IV - (Stardate 239807.13 - Going aboard the apparently derelict shuttlecraft yields more mysteries for Iljor and Yogan.) - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- It's Gloria, From Cleveland Part V - (Stardate 239807.13 - The mystery of the Ibn Battuta's shuttlecraft deepens.] - A joint post written as part of a multi-part arc with Yogan Yalu.
- "How Far Away The Stars Seem..." - (Stardate 239807.19 - Away from prying eyes, the attraction between Iljor and Niera deepens.)
- Here Nor There - (Stardate 239808.17 - Lost between realities, Iljor struggles to comprehend what is going on until an encounter with Meidra brings him back to his senses.)
- Here And Now - (Stardate 239808.17 - Back to his senses, Iljor swings back into action and explains what has happened].
- Constant In All Things - (Stardate 239808.24 - Iljor ruminates on his friendship with Meidra on the eve of their visit to Bajor to confront his parents).
|NPC Listing · USS Resolution Crew Manifest · Crew History