“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.”
- H. Melville
|Aine Olive Sherlock
||Cork, Ireland, Earth
Ensign Aine Olive Sherlock is currently serving as a security officer aboard the USS Resolution.
- Height: 1.6 m
- Weight: 45.8 kg
- Hair/Hair Length: Black/Upper Back to Mid Back
- Eyes: Green
- Skin: Fair, lightly freckled.
- Build: Slight
- Carriage: Proper posture.
- Handedness: Right
- Voice: Soft but pitchy. Slight Irish accent she attempts to hide. Accent comes out more when angry, drinking, singing...or all of the above.
- Tattoos: Single black band on upper left forearm.
- Uniform Preference: Prefers to wear a duty uniform rather than utility uniform.
- Off Duty Dress: Will often be seen wearing a turtle neck sweater or flannel shirt. Black leggings and black flats are de rigueur. Likes a warm robe.
- Father: Patrick Thomas Sherlock, farmer
- Mother: Aine Rachel Sherlock nee Kelly, author
- Siblings: none
- Spouse: none
- Children: none
- Temperment: Nervous, in particular around senior officers. Stressful situations make her more focused. Attempts to remain emotionally distant from those around her.
- Habits: Bites lower lip when nervous, she's nervous a lot.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None. Though grew up in an area where Neo-Catholicism was practiced. Sometimes "cultural Catholicism" can sneak in, often presenting as guilt.
- Hobbies: Archery, reading, playing violin, tinkering with electronics.
- Quarter: Deck 4 midships. Currently baron with a couple crates of possessions. Usually has books lying around. Pictures of ma and da hanging on the walls.
- Favorite Food: Pastie's are a treat, replicated is "acceptable" but prefers the real thing.
- Favorite Drink: Barry's, hot, no sugar, splash of milk.
- Prized Possession: Small tortoise shell handled pocket knife given to her by her father when she left for the Academy.
Despite achieving high marks in school, Aine often feels self-doubt. At times can seem nervous, especially around new authority figures as she does not want to let them down. She will often bite her lower lip when nervous. When focused, seems to drown out the world around her, seeming to others to be “distracted.” Very rarely loses her cool, outwardly, as she tries to keep any panic internalized. She often prefers to be alone and limits off hours social interaction, though will most likely not turn down an invite as she works on trying to learn to connect to others more. Her off time is often spent on hobbies: reading, playing violin, electronic tinkering. She is also an avid archer and won "The Robin Hood" award for high score at an interplanetary competition while on the Academy archery team. Enjoyed gymnastics and still practices as a form of exercise, though never took it too serious as a sport. Drinks recreatively on occasion, with the tolerance of an Irish dock worker on a Friday night. Having found a kinship with the character of Sherlock Holmes in her childhood, which also happens to be her families surname, she chose to study investigative science in secondary school...she has grown tired of the jokes and “comparisons” to one of her favorite characters. Loves a good mystery. She comes from a traditionally Catholic area, and it shows in some of her beliefs, though religion was not seen as important in her household. At times this can cause her guilt in the choices she has made.
Aine was born in the year 2374 in County Cork, Ireland. She was fairly sheltered as a child and her parents rarely had them travel outside of Ireland. She grew up on their family farm where her father grew fresh foods for the local community and her mother wrote, mostly novels and short stories. She took up violin and archery at a young age. Never practicing to the point she could be a professional at either. Had a habit of taking apart her fathers equipment just to see how it worked which lead her to tinker with various electronics. Upon graduating from secondary school, Aine decided she wanted to see more than just Ireland and decided bigger was better and told her parents she intended to apply for Starfleet Academy. Initially her parents were resistant to the idea but when they saw how much she wanted to go, they fully supported her. She barely got into the Academy on her first try.
While at the Academy, Aine took to piloting and initially figured she would go that route. Her first year she dated a Senior classman. Upon his graduation he decided not to continue the relationship. This left Aine heartbroken and she suffered from depression. Her second year she took on less course work and her grades suffered. She sought out counseling and overcame her depression. She also decided to major in Intelligence, harkening back to her love of Investigative Science. She chose Security as her minor figuring it would compliment her major. Her third and fourth years she doubled down and took on extra courses. Near the end of her third year, she took The Romulan Mystique and developed a fascination for the Romulan people. This showed in her choice to take all courses available on the Romulan language, which she is fluent in, and focuses in xenology and xenobiology on Romulans. In addition to taking extra courses for her major, she took all available courses and earned a full course minor in Security. At the end of her fourth year, she was transferred to Starbase 118 to take her final test administered by Lt. Cmdr.'s Antero Flynn and Genkos Adea. She graduated on stardate 239712.12.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239712.12
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Resolution, 239712.13
- Duty Post: Security Officer
Post first briefing selfie.
A returning officer currently serving aboard the USS Juneau. They met during their final test and Aine quickly developed a respect for his confidence and initiative, while not knowing he was a returning officer. She resolved to keep in contact with him no matter where either ended up.
- Federation Standard: Native
- Klingon: Elementary
- Romulan: Advanced Composition and Speech
||Cadet, First Class
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- Slow Is Fast - 239801.08 Ensign Sherlock, on her first mission, lends a hand with the wounded.