|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
Lt JG Meidra Sirin is currently serving as a Counselor aboard the USS Resolution.
- Height: 5'0"
- Weight: 120 lbs
- Hair: Deep auburn
- Eyes: Ice Green
- Telepathic ability T5
Her paternal cousin, Alieth was Meidra's closest confidante growing up. They share many secrets, and Alieth is the only one in her family that Meidra trusts completely.
The Chief Medical Officer on the Resolution has been a solid influence on Meidra's career, pushing her to learn new skills, and counseling her on her family issues. She is slowly considering him a trusted friend, and values his advice.
Hamsan, or D.W. to his non Bajoran friends, is an emergency medical technician on the Resolution. Meidra has found that being near him has a calming influence on her when she is stressed, or unsure of herself. She has begun to wonder why that is, and is cautiously optimistic that they will form a lasting friendship, and perhaps more.
- Father: Vulcan - Sahriv (means Storm in Vulcan)
- Mother: Lenore
- Siblings: Teandra, aged 45, Salan (means Wind in Vulcan) aged 50 also Meidra's twin
- Grandfather: Samek (means cold/unfeeling in Vulcan)
- Grandmother: T'Ria nicknamed Abilene by her friends
- Spouse: no spouse
- Children: no children
- Cousin: Alieth, currently serving aboard the USS Thor
- Favorite Drink: Vulcan Brandy
- Favorite Food: Terran Pizza with Vulcan Redspice and extra mozzarella
- Habits: Meidra bites her lower lip when she is being less than truthful.
- Mannerisms: While on duty, she is Vulcan, off duty, her El Aurian half comes out more.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: She follows her own path, and is very private about it..
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Meidra creates tapestries of people and events from her past that she holds dear.
- Likes: Honesty, cooking, reading
- Dislikes: autocratic officials who see things in black and white
- Ambitions and Goals: To eventually become a respected author and buy a small estate far from her family.
- Achievements in Life: Joining StarFleet
- Disappointments in Life: Losing her father and grandmother
- Temperament: Rational with a dry sense of humor.
- Strengths: Loyalty, compassion
- Weaknesses: Her cousin Alieth, chocolate martinis
Meidra T'Lora Sinir was born to astrophysicist Sahriv, and Lenore, a writer and historian. She was raised alongside her two siblings on Vulcan for the first ten years of her life, until her parents decided that their children needed to experience other cultures by travel. She returned to Vulcan at age 12 to do her kahs-wan. While this was usually done at age eleven, her father had to convince the elders, one of whom was his own father that Meidra's El Aurien blood made her just as worthy to go through the ritual. Strangely enough, there were no such qualms over her twin brother going through the ritual, perhaps because his features were prominently Vulcan, while Meidra had red hair and green eyes.
She passed, but it gave her a life long hatred of the desert. Her father had been called away on what he'd said was a routine science conference. He never returned, his ship classified as a lost vessel. Meidra has never gotten over it. During her ritual trek across the desert, she and her brother had taken different routes, and both were attacked by an unseen force. Her father appeared to save her just as she was close to death. Her brother had not seen him, so no one believed he had been there. As her family chose to believe her father could not have been there as he obviously would have saved his son, Meidra quickly decided that following the path of logic over truth was not the path she wanted to take. Her brother was critically injured, and in stasis for a year before waking and learning to walk and fight again. It was a long road, and he trained with Meidra. The two of them were a force to be reckoned with, using lirpas in a collaborative fashion not seen on Vulcan before or since. They were a strong fighting unit for many years before everything changed again.
Her mother had spent the next thirty three years taking the three siblings to different worlds, encouraging them to learn as many languages and customs as they could, making it a competition. She seemed calculating and distant to the many beings they met along the way, but still tried her best to protect her family. During those years, Meidra and Salan worked with many beings who were persecuted. They grew familiar with many covert organizations, though never officially joined any of them. Her mother seems unaware of the twins fondness for intrigue. The family eventually returned to Vulcan, under Sahriv's father's protection.
Her Vulcan grandfather wanted Meidra to honor her family by marrying the son of a wealthy clan and giving up all thoughts of a career. She answered that plan by publicly denouncing the proceedings as an archaic relic no longer needed. Traveling to other worlds and opening their views to other species means that parents no longer had to bond their children to ensure their line continued. Needless to say, her family was not pleased by the situation. Her chosen bondmate attacked her when she refused him. She has since learned that her intended has been eliminated, most likely by her twin.
After sending a coded message to her cousin Alieth, Meidra escaped the estate to join Starfleet at age forty six. She was tired of feeling like she was an outsider with the people who should accept her without reservation. Her grandfather was not pleased, but Alieth helped Meidra study for the entrance exam and get away from her grandfather's 'protection'. Meidra is fluent in 10 languages, and passable in many more. She sometimes switches between languages when she is nervous, or angry.
No one in her family had been in Star Fleet before, so that made it perfect for Meidra, as she would not be competing with anyone but herself. She quickly decided on a double major of Counseling/Xenobiology, with a minor in astronomy. She was assigned her second roommate, who was also a friend she'd met years ago in her travels with her parents. Margo Lemand was a Betazoid who quickly discovered they had a shared love of chocolate and history. Her first roommate disappeared without warning and Meidra keeps what she knows to herself as it is not her story to tell.
Meidra is an expert at lirpa combat due to her father's early tutelage, she continued training with her twin Salan. She has a strong pull to listen and understand the world around her, even if it sometimes puts her in dangerous situations. She is cautious with her words, but not in her actions, leading to the occasional bar fight over some perceived injustice. She may or may not hear the katra of her grandmother when she needs guidance. She also may or may not admit that depending on how many drinks she has had that evening. Due to her grandmother dying a violent death, T'Ria's katra chose to move to Meidra's psyche and not be brought to the Hall of Ancient Thought, though this is not common knowledge.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Resolution Crew Manifest · Crew History