|Position||Second Officer / Chief Medical Officer|
|Writer ID||User: Genkos Adea|
Commander Genkos Adea is currently serving as the Second Officer and Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Excalibur-A. Crippled by a transporter malfunction as a young adult, Genkos' left calf and foot were, until recently, biosynthetic created by Genkos and Yiggtissi, and he relied on a cane for support. As of December 2397, and an operation / replacement by Addison MacKenzie and Geoffrey Teller, he is fully mobile and cane-less. Well, that was until his recent trip to the Skarbek universe courtesy of his own brain. Now he's reliant on a cane, again. He is a driven young Betazoid, full of hopes and aspirations. He recently discovered that his father had crippled his telepathic development to hide his crimes, and as such, is struggling to cope with his new powers.
- Full Name: Genkos Adea
- Age: Middle Twenties
- Species: Betazoid
- Date of Birth: 6th June, 2369
- Place of Birth: Dekoa, Betazed
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic Rating: T4
- Student ID: CX-246-993
- Writer ID: G239502GS0
- See Genkos Adea/Medical Record
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Hair: Dark brown; long and wavy. He has a single streak of silver hair above his right eye.
- Eyes: Black
- Build: Slim
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Scar Tissue: A mass of scar tissue around the knee from the transporter injury.
- Carriage: Genkos has been walking with a cane for over ten years, so he is used to it. His gait could probably be determined as swift but limping.
- Off duty clothing: Genkos has a fondness for darker colours - dark greens and blues for instance - that he usually demonstrates in his nehru-style jackets, which he often pairs with a sash of a contrasting colour, thin linen-like trousers, and loafers. Always paired with a cane.
- Voice: Genkos' voice is quite deep and comes across as stern, which he counteracts by smiling generously. He frequently utters the phrase 'in good faith' - a Betazoid expression.
- Handedness: Right
Genkos had a caring nature as a child. His father, a veterinarian, introduced him to biology, his first passion. Couple that with his natural empathic powers and you have a caring young man, yearning to explore the stars.
This dream was contorted however by an horrific transporter accident that left Genkos without a left leg below the knee, leaving him reliant on a cane for mobility. Beaming up to the Sunfire, a cargo ship, Genkos arrived without his lower left leg. He now has a cybernetic calf and foot. The cane is almost entirely psychosomatic. Genkos then threw himself into his medical degree, burying himself into the study of Medicine in all its forms, sacrificing any social life for the craft. He joined the Starfleet Academy after achieving his MD, and soon found himself rather isolated from the rest of his class. His empathic nature meant he knew that people found his manner brusque and rough. He softened over the years at the Academy, humbled by several professors' attitudes towards medicine.
A laugh comes easy to Genkos, and he likes to amuse others as well. Although he can tolerate other people disliking him, he will do his uttermost to make others like him. Like most Betazoids, he has very few boundaries when it comes to personal information, which he volunteers easily. However, he is prone to feeling his own mistakes deeply, and will go to any lengths to absolve them.
Hobbies & Pastimes
- Academia: As a Doctor, Genkos believes in constant education and re-education and as such reads and researches the constantly developing world of modern medicine.
- Music: Although he cannot play an instrument, Genkos does enjoy listening to all sorts of different music from ancient Terran music by the likes of Elton John, to classical Betazoid works by Asubrel Ta.
- Golf: An old Earth pastime that his father brought back, golf is Genkos' preferred form of exercise.
Likes & Dislikes
- Utta berries: Genkos' favourite flavour
- Green Tea: Genkos' favourite drink
- Showers: Genkos likes to reflect in a long, warm shower.
- Fauna: As the son of a vet, Genkos is fascinated by fauna in all its forms, and loves to visit zoos, safaris and zoological reserves.
- his Leg: Genkos is incredibly insecure about his leg
- Transporters: Genkos still holds a deep anger towards transporters over the loss of his leg, and refuses to be beamed anywhere. This is changing after the shuttle crash on Trill, and now Genkos hates both methods of transportation
- Introductions: Shaking hands with a cane is always slightly uncomfortable, and Genkos severely dislikes the looks that people can give him when they first meet. The fact that he can feel their sympathy doesn't help much either.
- Tribbles: "Scourge of the universe" - Genkos Adea
Father - Tillul Sim
Personality/Appearance: A semi-retired veterinarian on Genkos' home planet Betazed, Tillul Sim is a tall, slim and incredibly personable Betazoid male. Tillul was born in 2335, making him about 60 years old.
Time on Earth: Tillul has a fondness for old Earth music, especially Elton John. This stems from his time training on Earth, where he met his first wife, Fumiko, now deceased. Tillul also grew a fondness for the Earth sport golf, and brought back a set of clubs when he returned to Betazed after the death of Fumiko. He trained in New York City and had lived with a little old Yiddish couple, whose vernacular has slipped into both his and his son's own speech. It was recently revealed that Tillul had murdered Fumiko after meeting Laxe. He had fallen out of love with her, and when she refused to let him leave, he forcibly pushed her down the stairs outside their apartment. He has been given life imprisonment on Betazed.
Relationship with Laxe: Laxe Adea is the second wife of Tillul Sim, and she believed until recently that they had met after Fumiko's "accidental death". In actual fact, Fumiko did not die until a few months after Tillul and Laxe met, and Laxe was already pregnant when Fumiko died. Tillul murdered her, and made it look like an accident. Laxe recently discovered this when Genkos eliminated the mental block his father had placed in him.
Relationship with Genkos: Genkos helped his father in the surgery practically every day until he went off to the Academy, although sometimes he would raid the 'medicinal' alcohol. Whilst Genkos had been growing up Tillul had taken him camping on a local island every summer, and when Genkos was a teenager, Tillul inserted a mental block into his son's mind, which Genkos has only just discovered. These trips were a favourite of Genkos, although this ended when Genkos lost his leg. It was to aid Tillul in surgery aboard a starship that Genkos lost his leg, and Tillul holds some guilt over the incident, and as such created Genkos' first cane from a tree in the family's back garden. When Genkos graduated, Tillul handed him a bonding gift which contains something that Genkos will apparently need in his darkest hour. Tillul had opened the box that his father had handed him on the day Genkos had lost his leg, and it contained a battered veterinary textbook, which he supposed was to remind him of his chosen course in life. This incident had also further deepened Tillul's atheistic tendencies.
Mother - Laxe Adea
See Laxe Adea
Otherwise known as the littlest pup, Toto is Genkos' dog, a grey Weimaraner. They met aboard the Njörðr, when Genkos rescued him from a burning laboratory. Carrying him throughout the burning wreckage of the ship, Genkos was thrilled when Aleksandra offered him to him. Toto is an enthusiastic soul, who is a very loving dog. He often forgets he is as large as he is, and can often be seen curled up in corners, or acting in Genkos' holoadventures.
Genkos has a few different canes, for different uses/situations.
- His primary cane is made of from the branch of a sadi tree that grew in his parents' back garden, Tillul Sim crafted it for him after his accident, and has a pistol grip. This cane was destroyed along with the Resolution.
- Another is his dark hardwood cane, with a derby handle. Genkos tends to use this at dinners or other situations where he might need to be sat down for periods of time, as the handle hooks easily onto the side of a table. This cane was destroyed along with the Resolution.
- A third cane he owns has a chrome plated handle, which was originally a hame - the handle from a horse saddle. It has a twisting, carved design on its ash wood stick, and is perfect for the outdoors. This cane was destroyed in the shuttle crash on Trill.
- Genkos has a entirely metal cane for use in sterile environments in sickbay.
- Ferier Kian recently carved Genkos a beautiful hardwood cane as a gift, which has become one of Genkos' beloved possessions.
- Genkos had a sword cane created for some of his holosuite adventures, especially his Christiesque murder mysteries. This cane was destroyed along with the Resolution.
- His fanciest cane; a thin black piece of darkwood, with a silver dog’s head on top. The resemblance to Toto was striking, which is why he had chosen to buy it when he and Ghant had gone antiquing in the streets of London. This cane was destroyed along with the Resolution.
- Genkos was given a box with a painted smile on by his father. It contains an unknown object, but it is a family tradition in the Sims to give a gift that will help in the owner's hour of need.
Apart from a strict medical degree on Betazed, Genkos also has some field experience of veterinary medicine, gained from his time helping his father in the surgery. Whilst at the Academy, Genkos majored in Medicine completing courses in; Bedside Manner, Medical Ethics, Clinical Fundamentals, Immunology, Diagnosis in both Major and Minor species, and one module on Psychiatry and Mental Health. During prep week, Genkos had an unpleasant encounter with Lurith, the Romulan instructor, which has given Genkos some, as yet, unresolved issues. Due to this, he could have flunked out of the academy, if it weren't for the support of Vulcan Medical Ethics professor, Dr Faa.
For Genkos' full transcript, see Genkos Adea/Transcript
During the two week prep squad session at the start of his training at the Academy, Genkos was put through his paces by a particularly unpleasant Romulan, Lurith. Lurith forced Genkos to repeat the obstacle course without the use of his cybernetic calf. It took Genkos three hours, but he managed to complete the course, despite Lurith's constant beration. Whether or not this encounter has given Genkos a permanent dislike of Romulans has yet to be seen.
- Dr. Faa
The Medical Ethics professor at the Academy, Dr, Faa was a key figure in Genkos' development. After his encounter on the obstacle course with Lurith, Genkos had been on the verge of giving up, but it was the stern but fair Vulcan logic of Dr Faa that pulled him back in. She began the first lecture of every module with the question "If you could have any superpower what would it be?", to which Genkos' answer was always "Telekinesis".
A young trainee at the Academy, Genkos and Ghant engaged in a whirlwind romance lasting a few short weeks. They later reconvened aboard the Gorkon.
For Genkos' service history prior to his current assignment, please visit Genkos Adea/Service History
Aboard the Excalibur
On Board The Excalibur-A - 239811.18 - 239811.29 Genkos was remarkably depressed about changing ships, as it was entirely his own fault that the Resolution blew up, and he felt the loss of life keenly. He tried to be chipper with his fellow officers, including when he met his new subordinate Sleepy Tiberius. He also sneakily organised some special guests for Kalianna's promotion with the help of Addison and Yogan, before carrying out Talos Dakora's onboarding medical exam as well as a check up on Yogan.
Mission - Shadow Out of Mind - 239811.29 - 239901.11
During this mission, Genkos fell asleep in his office but woke up in the quarters and body of Hallia Yellir. He spent most of the mission trying to solve the body swap conundrum from a medical point of view, interrupted by a holographic character with a rifle, ably taken down by Sleepy and Kalianna. He was unsuccessful, but eventually an away team managed to undo what had been done.
Shore Leave - Aboard DS224 - 239901.11 - 239901.24
Genkos carried out medical checkups on Karrod Niac and Aine Sherlock. He also went for a delightful tea with Yogan Yalu and Sleepy Tiberius. Then he and Kalianna shared a beautiful moment of dancing in the Arboretum, where they had first begun their relationship. Addison MacKenzie also confronted him about her excellent prosthetic - he was still using his cane, and feeling pain.
Mission - In Plain Sight - 239901.25 - 239904.02
Unlike the rest of the crew, Genkos was left at Deep Space 224, along with Yogan Yalu. The reason being that the Admiral involved hated them; blaming them for the death of his son, Liam Wyke, during the Rinascita encounter. However, Adriana Morgan eventually rescued them and they chased after him, arresting him for his involvement in the cultural contamination of Demes II.
Shore Leave - Aboard the Excalibur - 239904.03 - 239905.31
Genkos met up with Rune and Talos in the Intelligence Suite, following up on their last mission, before greeting Hamsan Dwich who had returned to the ship, safe now Meidra had transferred. He got a little drunk with Iljor, tormented by the emotional turmoil his visit to the Gorkon (and also the Skarbek) had churned up. He and Addison fixed up Karrod's arm and complexion (still blue after the Demes Incident). He met with their new counsellor, the brash Ferengi Doctor Gott. He had tea with Hallia, carrying out an informal counselling session with her. A romantic interlude with Kalianna occurred on a holographic beach. Genkos had a terse meeting with Addison after some grumblings were heard from the lower deckers. He had lunch with Sleepy in the Mess Hall before playing witness to Gott's hideous transformation of one of the counselling suites to a temple to greed and mental health. Finally, he arrived at the talent show just in time to see that Vitor had injured himself. After the awards presentation, he began to dance with Kalianna when CloQ appeared and whisked them all away...
Mission - The One With All The Timezones - 239905.31 - 239907.11
CloQ kidnapped the crew of the Excalibur and shoved them all into a mix'n'match of epic proportions. Genkos, along with Yogan and Hallia arrived in the Palace of Versailles in front of the Sun King, but quickly encountered Earth dinosaurs, the Vulcan of two hundred years ago, a Borg vessel, Kalianna's sickroom at the Vulcan Science Academy (where they met the Genkos of 16 months prior), and ancient Yelik. It was a wild ride...
Shore Leave - Aboard K7 & DS224 - 239907.11 - 239909.12
Genkos took care of the newly rejuvenated Vitor Silveira; CloQ stole a bunch of his lifeforce, but the pair also bonded over stories of past adventures, and the tradition of Vitor's special nougat. A snuggle in their quarters allowed Kalianna and Genkos to open up to each other for a bit. Whilst on Bridge duty, he met the new ensign, Hera Kijana and escorted her to the Captain. Addison arranged a discussion over the sudden reappearance of his cane, although he practically waved her away. His father called him from prison, although he had little time for the man. He met the new counsellor Seta Jinean in his office, and carried out a checkup on Talos. In the Arboretum of DS224, he met with Jacin Ayemet of the USS Arrow. Finally, he was present for the party on the hull of the USS Excalibur-A.
Genkos' quarters aboard the Excalibur are on Deck 2 shared with Kalianna Nicholotti.
Aboard the Gorkon
Genkos' first formal encounter with Quinn Reynolds was when he was promoted to Lieutenant (JG) at the ceremony on Trill. He then had several (uncomfortable) meetings with her when the crew were convinced they were in the Maquis, and that she was their prisoner. He did however fight to try and save her life after she was beaten to within an inch of her life, before joining with her and her "sister" Erin Reynolds to try and find a way out of the dreamstate. He hasn't spoken to her about the experience as he's nervous about what she might say. However, once Genkos was made Second Officer, he and Quinn grew much closer, having frequent chats on shore leaves.
Genkos didn't really know Jo Marshall before they were thrown into the maelstrom of the Skarbek experience. They worked closely together, evacuating medical staff and interrogating the captured Quinn Reynolds. He then woke up with her and Groznin Smith aboard the Gorkon, and they sought to uncover the events in the Cargo Bay. Shortly after everything returned to normal, Jo brought Naktara Nightfur to Sickbay for her initial medical checkup. He enjoys Jo's sense of humour, and thinks she's a worthy First Officer. They became much closer after having clambering their way through the topsy turvy Njörðr.
Genkos was thrown into a battle situation with Cory when they were dropped into the Skarbek dream state, and as such trusts the man implicitly. When they came back, Genkos fixed three ribs and a hairline fracture that Cory broke on the holodeck, trying to forget about his troubled love triangle. Genkos offered to lend an ear, but Cory has yet to take him up on it. Genkos likes Cory, but thinks he sometimes needs to follow his head and not always his heart. Cory's self awareness when coming up against Leelou (specifically when it came to his vulnerability to her pheromones) was refreshing to see, and Genkos was very pleased to lead him in that away mission. They had a falling out after Genkos' report on Cory's actions during an away mission led to Cory being demoted, but they have recently made up.
Genkos first met Corliss at a party he hosted for the medical staff in one of the holodecks. He thought she was sweet, if a little bit of a lightweight. He and Tali helped carry her back to her quarters when she felt a little bit worse for wear. However, he visited her in her role as ship's counsellor and found her an excellent listener, so much so that she became the first person he told about his father's horrific actions. He bumped into her and Tali again at the Outer Hull party, where they formed a tipsy medical reunion. Genkos is very fond of the diminutive counsellor, and enjoys her company, both professionally and personally.
Other Gorkon Staff
Genkos shared every single part of his life with Erin, and she with him, during their attempts to escape the dream state of the Skarbek. It is a fraught situation they find themselves in, knowing everything about one another. They had a discussion about their relationship, which was honest and emotional. This had led to them growing closer, and Genkos considers Erin his best friend aboard the Gorkon.
Genkos has a close working relationship with Tali, and enjoys her sense of humour. They've worked closely on a number of cases, and tend to gravitate towards one another when at social events.
Former Gorkon Staff
Genkos carried out a routine medical checkup on Ferier Lanta (as he was then) after the Sikuna colony mission, clearing him for active duty. They were both promoted to Lieutenant (JG) in the same ceremony, and when they returned from the Skarbek dream state, Ferier Kian (as he is now) gifted Genkos a beautiful cane that he had carved for him. It has become one of Genkos' most prized possessions. Genkos gave him some advice about dealing with the Kian symbiont's behaviour prior to be joined with him. They later shared experiences from one of Kian's past lives when the perfect storm of Genkos' lack of telepathic control met Ferier's lowered isoboramine levels. He and Ferier are very close, and Genkos would consider him one of his closest friends.
The former senior medical officer aboard the USS Gorkon, Lt. Yiggtissi was the first member of the crew that Genkos met. Impressing the Saurian with his jumping into the hectic aftermath of the events aboard Starbase 173, Genkos enjoys the company of his Saurian colleague, and they frequently share dinner and drinks. On Trill, Genkos was even invited to dinner with Yiggtissi and his wife & daughter. Their shared history in the Skarbek incident gave them a bond that will never be broken, and their relationship is akin to brotherhood.
Genkos' relationship with Freymott is strained, possibly because the woman cannot remember his (or anyone else's) name, and because she's more interested in people after they're dead. He sees her as a bit of a joke, finds her laughable. However, after she got his name right on the Yarahla, he has come to respect her abilities as a doctor.
Kel was teaching Genkos Betazed meditation techniques to help control his telepathy, but their relationship developed into something more physical. They don't particularly want to put a label on what they had.
Genkos bumped into Groznin during the camping trip to Trill, and sat with him, Caedan Nkai and Sera zh'Aella chatting and generally getting to know them. They received their promotions to Lieutenant (JG) at the same time, and then, when in the dream state on the Skarbek, it was an examination of Groznin that led Genkos to believe that they were all asleep. He woke up next to him and Jo Marshall when they returned to consciousness, and the three of them investigated the Cargo Bay together. Groznin brought Cory into sickbay when he was injured in a holodeck accident, and soon after came in for his own checkup. Genkos noted that according to his dopamine levels, Groznin was in love, which led to a frank discussion about romance and Smith's own medical knowledge. Genkos likes Groznin, and is charmed by his boundless optimism and enthusiasm, even if they are only for all things Groznin.
Aboard the Excalibur-A
The Captain and Genkos have a good relationship, one tinged with the possibility of closeness. They had a rather intimate dance at one awards ceremony, and Genkos was incredibly worried about her when she was sent to Vulcan for her coma. They have recently started dating, having come to realise that they care for each other deeply.
Genkos and Addison get on well, having shared interests and backgrounds in medicine, and they also have a shared ex. They've enjoyed drunkenly ribbing him by proxy before, and it's almost certain they'll do it again. They shared quarters briefly after Addison's were blown apart in an explosion, and have begun a tradition of sharing dinner together.
Genkos and Yogan have become closer and closer since Yogan invited Genkos to take part in his Zhian'tara. They have become very good friends.
Genkos and Meidra have a similar sense of humour to one another, and Genkos therefore enjoys working with her. As his counsellor, she naturally knows a lot about him, and as her counsellor, he knows a lot about her. They are fast friends.
Genkos has a very mentoral relationship with Iljor, seeing him as a little brother with whom Iljor can share any and all of his thoughts and feelings.
|Cadet First Class||239410.01 - 239502.06||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Medical|
|Ensign||239502.07 - 239508.11||USS Gorkon||Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239508.11 - 239601.27||USS Gorkon||Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant||239601.27 - 239607.25||USS Gorkon||Chief Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239607.25 - 239608.25||USS Gorkon||Chief Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239608.25 - 239707.21||USS Gorkon||Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239610.29 - 239701.31||USS Juneau||Chief Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239707.20 - 239811.12||USS Resolution||Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer|
|Commander||239811.12 - 239611.18||USS Resolution||Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer|
|Commander||239811.18 - Present||USS Excalibur-A||Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Pathfinder Award - Presented by Quinn Reynolds, 2396: "One of the things that stands out the most about Elliot in a mentoring role is how genuine and dedicated he is in his desire to see other people succeed and enjoy themselves. His advice is full of insights, offering clear and useful feedback to help those simmers under his care, prompting them to develop strategies and think about the way the sim comes together. All of this is done with kindness and good humour, and it's telling that some of the most glowing nominations have come from those who have benefitted from and are grateful for his mentoring assistance. As so, for his care and commitment to mentoring, we are delighted to award the Pathfinder Award to Genkos Adea"
- Prantares Ribbon - Presented by Quinn Reynolds, 239606.30: “From the moment he arrived on the ship, Genkos Adea left a deep impression on everyone around him — though sometimes he wished he hadn't! A throwaway comment on a Romulan colony had terrible consequences, and became one of the formative incidents in this medical officer's career as he tended to the aftermath. It's something that he still refers to now, and it's wonderful to see how his early experiences have and continue to shape his character. We have had the pleasure of watching him grow from an inexperienced young ensign into a skilled department chief, the writer expertly weaving Adea's skills and abilities into the story when the spotlight is upon him, all the while supporting other members of the crew to ensure they have their chance to shine, too. A recent mission is a fine example of this; when his team were infected with the deadly Rushton's Disease aboard a broken and failing ship, he made sure that their quest for a cure provided plenty of opportunities for non-medical members of the team to have some fun. It was very well done; a delight to read and I know a lot of fun to sim, reminding us all exactly lucky we are to have him as our Chief Medical Officer!"
- 2020 SOTFA Ship Commendation - As Second Officer on the USS Gorkon, Elliot — the writer behind Genkos — has risen to a new challenge in a dynamic environment. He is a dependable and reliable simmer, going above and beyond the call of duty in his characterisation efforts, and bringing a spark to a scene that is unique. His work behind the curtain has seen him dedicate his time to mentoring efforts, provide a friendly face and good advice to those who need it, all with a hefty dose of the good old British humour. In addition, Elliot is consistently active in the Training Team and Publicity Team, ensuring the fleet is publicised across the internet, helping to bring those new faces into the community and champion UFOP in every facet. His enthusiasm is commended here and we look forward to what the next year will bring for him! Thank you for everything you do, Elliot!
- Sheathed Sword - Presented by Quinn Reynolds, 239706.24: "The last twelve months have seen a considerable amount of heartache suffered by our esteemable Doctor. When last the crew of the Gorkon visited the world of Skarbek, the addition of the Q gave each writer the chance to deep dive into some of the hardest personal storylines going. The nominations for this award spoke of Elliot’s ability to really convey how different the character of “Wheels” was from Genkos — the depressive and violent alcoholic who preferred causing pain rather than heal it. This broken soul was the catalyst for this award to be presented; Elliot was utterly successful in conveying how truly devastating this was and began his road to recovery. It’s for his wonderful portrayal of this internalised pain we are delighted to award Genkos Adea with the Sheathed Sword!"
- 2021 SOTFA Special Commendation - Throughout the year, Genkos has been a stalwart member of both the Training Team and the FNS, supporting both commendably. The FNS cites his monthly help in editing news articles, and bringing ideas to the taskforce facilitators for new articles, and his ongoing volunteering in the Training Team has ensured cadets receive a top-notch training experience when progressing through the academy. Facilitators and the Academy Commandant alike commend the commitment of Genkos Adea, and thank him for his reliable support during 2020.
- TOSMA - Commander Adea can always be counted on to bring something incredible to the simming table. With quality writing in and of itself, the characters seem to jump off the page and take on a life of their own, leaving unforgettable moments in our minds. He often interjects just the right sentiments at just the right times through the implementation and use of both his main character and various PNPCs. Without these contributions, the story simply would not be the same. Congratulations Elliot!
- Q Award - No matter what’s going on, or how difficult of a spot we find ourselves in, Adea is always there with something special to pull us all back into the fray. From holodeck adventures to introductions of PNPCs, his antics make things fresh and never old even for this CO. Congratulations, Elliot, and don’t ever stop interjecting the story with more chaos!
- O'Brien Award - Serving many roles and handling a number of things for the Resolution, Adea is very much a big part of the success we’ve seen this year. Not only does he sim and sim well, but he works on facilitating missions, leading the mentoring team and mentoring countless officers, helping with the day to day operations of the ship and making sure everyone is involved and has something interesting and important to be involved in. Without his support, I am certain we would not have achieved all that we have. Congratulations Elliot, and know that you are appreciated!
- Khan Award - PNPCs are not the only aspect of a story that serves to make it memorable and full of depth and meaning. Part of what brings our characters and our stories to life is the strife and struggle that we go through together. It's what brings us together as writers, as well as bringing our characters closer and enabling our stories to take on lives of their own. That struggle is sometimes created by our character's pasts, as we explore any number of things they might have endured along the way...but the biggest catalyst for such strife is the villians that we encounter out there among the stars. It isn't easy to write a good 'bad guy', especially when there are so many talented writers in one place, but the Excalibur has been granted by the universe ever more talent in that area as well. The result has been some incredibly memorable baddies, and plenty of moments in time where the story becomes unforgettable because of them. It is with great pride that I present the Khan award to Elliot. While Genkos Adea is an incredible officer, it is the other characters he brings to life that truly add something for the rest of us to use in developing our own characters. Case in point - CloQ.
- Pathfinder Award - Another very important aspect of any well run ship is the mentoring program. Having solid mentors who can help officers from Ensign to Commander and above, can make a major difference in retention, feel, and overall enjoyment of the game. Mentors here serve as points of contact and often friends, making it easy for newer players to gain a foothold and really be a part of our game. To that end, developing a mentoring program and leading that program aboard a ship can be one of the more challenging aspects of ship administration. But, when successful, the results are not only amazing, but they speak for themselves. For his contributions to mentoring on its own, as well as developing and the successful integration of the Excalibur's mentoring program, I am proud to present the Pathfinder award to Elliot.
- Boothby Award - Presented by Quinn Reynolds: I love presenting this award! It gives me a chance to honour one of our fabulous training team and thank them for investing their time and energy in one of the fleet’s most important endeavours. Genkos Adea has proven himself one of the Training Team’s most dedicated members and volunteers regularly, in any post that’s needed. He brings his trademark wit to the role and ensures that classes big and small run smoothly, guiding both the training team members and cadets through the week with patience and positivity. The nominations spoke not just of the cadets who learned from him and thanked him in their feedback, but also staff who’ve used his leadership and mentoring as a gold standard when stepping into the CO roles themselves. High praise, and very well deserved, and it’s for this reason I am delighted to present Genkos Adea with the 2022 Boothby Award!
- Some Alone Time - 239502.16 Genkos unpacks aboard the USS Gorkon, including the gift his father gave him. It contains an item that will aid Genkos in his hour of need.
- A Clash of Thunder - 239505.05 Genkos gets hauled over the coals for his remarks on the Sikuna colony.
-  - 239506.21 Laxe Adea appears for the first time
- Nightmare at Vessine Glad -239507.22 Genkos has a prophetic dream.
- Full of Scorpions is My Mind - 239502.12 Genkos unpacks mentally the fallout from his father's mind invasion, and his telepathic powers begin to emerge.
-  - 239611.28 - Genkos mulls the consequences of the Gorkon's second trip to the Skarbekverse.
-  - 239707.23 Genkos leaves the Gorkon.
-  239709.26 Genkos and Cory make up over subsapce.
-  239711.25 Genkos, Addison MacKenzie and Geoffrey Teller work on Genkos' replacement prosthetic
-  239712.01 Genkos, Addison MacKenzie and Geoffrey Teller work on Genkos' replacement prosthetic, again
-  239712.02 Genkos goes under the knife
-  239712.04 Part four of Genkos' surgery now affectionately known as the Legacy of Cane.
-  239808.03 Genkos is trapped in CloQ's time loop
-  239907.27 Genkos gets a call from his father
-  Genkos leads the away team on the Nassau asteroid
-  Genkos' promotion to Lieutenant Commander makes the papers
-  Genkos appears on the Ask A Doctor podcast
-  Genkos warns against straying off the ski path
-  Genkos leads a polar expedition
-  Genkos receives the Legion of Merit
-  Genkos is transferred to the Resolution
-  Genkos is interviewed by Corliss Fortune about being awarded the Prantares Award in 2936.
- Laxe Adea - Genkos' mother, currently aboard DS224
- Tillul Sim - Genkos father, currently in prison on Betazed
- Rumi - a Zaldan geneticist, dating Laxe Adea
- Gnaxac - a Ferengi engineer aboard the Gorkon - a secondary
- Kafkazet - Zaranite physiotherapist aboard the Resolution.
- Shryv ch'Thorlles - an Andorian operations officer aboard the Resolution
- Dr. Faa - a Vulcan Medical Ethics professor at Betazed's Academy campus
- Sornax - the Resolution's junior counsellor
- Anselm - a Da'al terrorist engineer, wife of Wyse, captured by the Klingons but currently in Da'al prison
- Gabbro - the newly minted head of the Skarn, a race of telepathic and telekinetic rock people in the Briar Patch
- CloQ, of the Q Continuum
- R'Mira - the Klingon communications officer of the IKS qor’Du, a ship from a hundred years past, stuck in a time loop with the Resolution, and now in the present.
- Rebecca Thornton - sister of Arlo Thornton
- Vedek Ishi Aba of the Bajoran Assembly
- Virgil Hawkins - Human security officer, eaten by nebula crabs aboard the Njörðr
- T'Yuu - Vulcan engineering officer, melted in an attempt to cure Rushton's syndrome aboard the Njörðr
- Caldor - Romulan scientist, devoured by a giant fish on Væron
- Wyse - Da'al terrorist engineer, blown up in the destruction of The Ship Formerly Known as IKS K'mpirmag
- Lo'Thar - Sau Commander, stabbed by his second in command.
- Moparu Jirsam - member of the Bajoran Resistance during the Cardassian Occupation
- Iefyr Farrel - Acting Chief of Science aboard the Resolution, who died at the helm when the Resolution was destroyed.
Genkos' former forum banner by the great Alieth
|NPC Listing · USS Excalibur-A Crew Manifest · Crew History