Kallo Ver & The Hunt for the Lost Romulan Treasure Fleet (Veritas)
|Veritas Mission History · Veritas Logs|
|Year 1 (2393-2394)|
|The Forgotten Land · Rag and Bone · Aftershock · The Mother Road|
|Year 2 (2395)|
|The Irresistible Prize · Kallo Ver & The Hunt for the Lost Romulan Treasure Fleet · The Omega Paradox|
|Edit this Nav|
Kallo Ver & The Hunt for the Lost Romulan Treasure Fleet
- Stardate 239504 to 239505.22
On the hunt for a legendary treasure fleet's supposed final resting place within the Shoals, smuggler and part-time adventurer Kallo Ver enlists the help of the USS Veritas crew in his quest while outrunning competing treasure seekers and those looking to collect on his debts.
- Kallo Ver, a Valtese smuggler - played by the writer for Sky Blake
- Aniliza Tacir, Nuvian agent working for the Orion Syndicate - played by the writer for Lael Rosek
- Timothy Alentonis, a Human archaeology professor, Federation archaeology expert, and former treasure hunter - played by the writer for Chythar Skyfire
- Sub-Commander Allek Tr'Rehu, Romulan Treasure Fleet commander - played by the writer for Evan Delano
- Niraa, an Orion female and rival treasure hunter - played by the writer for Alex Blair
V'teridix class warbird
- Romulan Treasure Fleets: During the 23rd century, the Romulan Star Empire employed fleets of V'teridix class warbirds and smaller birds-prey as "treasure fleets" that supplied Romulus and other imperial worlds with goods from across the empire and beyond. Perhaps due to the abundance of shipwrecks scattered across the Shoals, legends of lost Romulan treasure fleets in the area have been pursued by treasure hunters for over a century. To date, no evidence of these lost treasure fleets or their shipwrecks have been discovered, and Starfleet and the Federation Archaeology Council have maintained that there has never been a historical Romulan presence in the region.
- V'teridix class warbird: A type of warbird used by the Romulan Star Empire in the 23rd century. ((For the ship that inspired this class, click here.))
- Synopsis: On the hunt for a legendary treasure fleet's supposed final resting place within the Shoals, smuggler and part-time adventurer Kallo Ver enlists the help of the USS Veritas crew in his quest while outrunning competing treasure seekers and those looking to collect on his debts.
After blowing up his own ship to prevent anyone else from accessing his ship's database, Kallo reveals that he has found the location of a shipwrecked 23rd century Romulan warbird belonging to a lost Romulan treasure fleet. The Veritas is tasked to investigate. Meanwhile, the Orion Syndicate has sent their own agent to go after Kallo and secure the lost treasures for the Syndicate. Three teams are dispatched to the warbird, each with a different aspect of investigation.
- Team Mei'konda -- Explore the ship's cargo hold and find out just what "treasures" the Syndicate was so interested in.
- Team Walker -- Set up a small base of operations/campsite within the ship. Possible secondary objectives: Assess the state of the shipwreck, also clues about what happened to the ship to assist Team Delano.
- Team Delano -- Explore the ship's bridge and crew quarters. Look for any log entries or details about the ship's mission, or anything else that contained locations for the rest of the fleet.
Once the away teams return, they bring back a few different artifacts from the wreckage of the warbird called the IRW Pellecia. While each artifact they had was extremely useful, one artifact that was housed in a very large metal box has gone missing. The warbird was also described by Evan Delano as being the "final resting place of at least forty Remans and 89 Romulans."
The scene opens on the surface of a Romulan colony, long abandoned. Some of the material used in the structures resemble that of the warbird, which confirms a Romulan presence in the Shoals at least 100 years prior. There is also a crashed vessel on the surface, where Captain Rahman and her team encounter Aniliza Tacir, the Orion Syndicate agent who made off with the artifact housed in the large box. Meanwhile, the engineering team back aboard the Veritas have uncovered that the box is composed of a metal called Reskariaehhrr, which is apparently a rare Romulan element. The only records of its existence were recovered from the logs of the Pellecia and indicate it was found only on the northern hemisphere of Romulus. Tacir attempts to provide a distraction for the Syndicate retrieval agents when the Veritas appears overehead to provide support.
Expedition Logs From IRW Pellecia
Expedition Commander’s Officer’s Log. [Stardate 227411.23].
Seventeen hours after entering the Shadows, Pellecia suffered an unexpected failure of its propulsion and the subspace cloak. Without the protection of the cloak, a subspace drag effect created by the dense tetryon fields caused sudden and rapid deceleration. Though inertial dampeners were able to compensate, several systems were damaged and three crew were killed by shifting cargo. Full damage report and the names of the deceased are attached. Let it be known that they died in service of the empire.
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227411.26].
It’s been two days since the loss of the Raze and Sulvian. Despite our best efforts, we have been unable to find any survivors. However, the remains of Commander Dorix were found this morning. With his death confirmed, it becomes my duty to assume the post of acting expedition commander, and the maintenance of this log.
On my orders, Centurian Treyalak has placed all her efforts into examining debris recovered from the wreckage of our sister ships to determine what went wrong. Thus far, her efforts have been inconclusive. Yesterday, one of our shuttle teams managed to recover fragments of the Raze’s warp core. With luck, Treyalak will be able to ensure we don’t meet the same fate.
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227506.15].
At the recommendation of my medical staff, I’ve extended the quarantine zone of the ship to include three decks. The virus continues to spread, but these efforts seem to have slowed its progress. Meanwhile, the impulse engines had to be shut down again for more repairs. Treyalak has a new plan to extend their viability...
// IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227507.02].
...experiments with the unusual radiation have had a strange side effects on the voluntary test subjects. I’ve ordered the tests suspended, but several Reman members of the crew have protested. Doctor Arlak believes the radiation exposure may have a psychotropic effect that may be addictive with prolonged exposure. Morale continues to be an issue, so I may need to allow testing to resume...
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227509.22].
...engines were damaged again. Treyalak says we should be able to resume course in three days, but truthfully, it hardly seems worth the effort. I’ve ordered my senior staff to start working on a secondary plan to outfit some of our the shuttles with the new metal…
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227511.19].
...Remans have staged a small mutiny in the quarantined areas of the ship. Their goal appears to have been to to commandeer some of the science laboratories. The military officer in me says I should send every man I have down there to put the rebellion down, but I don’t want to risk exposing my healthy officers to the virus. Let them have their cursed experiments…
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227603.30].
...plasma fire spread to the cargo bays. At least forty percent of the remaining food supply was destroyed. We lost 32 crew, and almost twice that number suffered severe burns. The medical bay is overwhelmed, so I ordered the mess hall to be converted into a triage unit. We’re running low on dermal gel, however, we do have an ample supply of pain relievers. I suspect many of us will bear scars of this day for the rest of our lives...
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227604.14].
...impulse manifold won’t hold out for much longer. Treyalak says it will be three more weeks at the most. Four shuttles are almost ready. It won’t be enough to evacuate everyone, but it will be a chance…
IRW Pellecia. Expedition Commander’s Log. [Stardate 227605.12].
...I’ve selected the evacuation teams. We leave today.