||Albany, New York, Earth
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
First Contact Ribbon
Silver Lifesaving Ribbon
Good Conduct Ribbon
Defense of Temporal Flow Ribbon
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Department Chief Ribbon
Distinguished Service Ribbon
Peacekeeper Service Ribbon
Maiden Voyage Ribbon
Legion of Merit
UFP Medal of Freedom
Extended Service Ribbon
Orion Syndicate Service Medal
Galactic War with the Borg Service Medal
Peacekeeper Service Ribbon
Personnel File • Medical Records • Academy Transcript
About the Writer
Edit this nav
Commander Evan Delano is a 29 year old Vulcan/Terran currently serving as a the first officer of the USS Veritas, a ship assigned to the dangerous region known as The Shoals. Evan originally joined the Veritas as a civilian representative of both Federation security and the elusive Reya-Laialara, a Vulcan splinter group. He recently reactivated his Starfleet commission in order to better help the people of the Shoals. During Evan's time in Starfleet, he has also served on various vessels taking part in the Menthar Corridor expedition, including USS Garuda, and USS Invicta, as well as the USS Tiger-A.
Throughout his life, Evan has struggled to find balance between his Vulcan and human halves, and this struggle has led to occasional emotional turbulence in his life. Of note, Evan pleaded guilty of assault, conduct unbecoming of an officer, and illegally using a Vulcan mind meld against an unarmed prisoner during a court martial in 2392. Evan was nearly expelled from Starfleet, but extenuating circumstances, and a previously sterling record ultimately led to clemency. Although Evan tried to return to duty following this incident, he eventually asked for his Starfleet commission to be officially suspended. Several months later, he accepted an assignment from Federation Security to infiltrate, observe, and report on the Reya-Laialara. Evan reportedly 'went native' during his time with the enigmatic group, and spent some time dealing with conflicting loyalties to both the offshoot Vulcan colony and the Federation. Nevertheless, Rahman and his husband, Mei'konda, encouraged Evan to accept the challenges and return to Starfleet, which he did in mid-2394 to serve as Operations officer. In late 2395, he became the ship's first officer.
Evan is relatively tall by Vulcan and human standards, and has an athletic, broad-shouldered build honed over a lifetime of martial arts training and a continuing interest in other physically demanding recreational activities. He keeps his dark brown hair cut close to his scalp, but the dwidow's peak he inherited from his mother is still slightly visible. Like most Vulcanoids, he has pointed ears.
- Height: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86.2 kg)
- Hair Color: brown
- Eye Color: blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: The remnants of a hemangioma (a type of birthmark) on his left shoulder blade
- Voice: Typical male humanoid (mid-range baritone), North American western accent
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Quarters: USS Veritas, Deck 2. (Shared with Mei'konda)
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Agnostic Atheist.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: martial arts, orbital skydiving, climbing, general fitness, games and puzzles
- Likes: Keeping busy, clear goals, bettering himself and others, the satisfaction of working towards a solution
- Dislikes: Inactivity, navigating ambiguities, unsolvable problems, failure
- Ambitions and Goals: Evan joined Starfleet to be an explorer, but these days, his main interest in helping to better the lives of the people of the Shoals. In his free time, he has been continuing to his explore the traits of his Vulcan half, and some of this has bled through to the way he conducts himself around the crew.
- Achievements in Life: Evan's proudest achievements are his graduation from Starfleet Academy, and his marriage to his husband.
- Disappointments in Life: Evan considers his greatest failure to be the moment he gave in to emotion and telepathically attacked Harrison Ross, a prisoner he had been interrogating. Even now, he still struggles to control his emotions, and therefore has a hard time connecting with others simply because he doesn't trust himself as much as he should.
- Temperament: Eager, active, direct, curious, inquisitive, passionate, occasionally obsessive (especially when presented with a problem to solve)
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Evan suffers from a version of Pa'nar Syndrome that appears to be in remission.
- Commander Mei'konda Delano: Evan's husband (as of 2395) and a romantic interest since they met at Starfleet Academy. Mei is now the commanding officer of the USS Montreal
- Kedall: A Vulcan civilian starship engineer specializing in the use of hyper-efficient warp field dynamics to optimize older warp core designs. He currently resides on Vulcan, where he teaches at the Shi'al Engineering Institute, a specialized secondary school in the Shi'al Region.
- Susan North: Susan Delano North. A human civilian starship engineer specializing high grade civilian shuttles and transport vessel design. Retired. She currently resides on Earth at her husband's ranch north of Rawlins, Wyoming.
- Jim North: A human conservationist wildlife specialist on Earth. Married to Susan North. Currently owns a ranch near Rawlins, Wyoming where he performs rescue and rehabilitation on all types of North American wildlife.
- Espera: A Vulcan neurologist in the Shi'al Region of Vulcan. Married to Kedall.
- Kim Busick: The daughter of Jim North, and Evan's stepsister. Busick is a veterinarian on Earth. She spent several years working with her father, but currently operates a practice in San Francisco.
- Kural: Age 20. Oldest child (daughter) of Kedall and Espera. A fourth year cadet at Starfleet Academy studying Xenobiology and Medicine.
- Salen: Age 18. Youngest daughter of Kedall and Espera. A premedical student on Vulcan.
- Ralok: Age 12. Youngest child (son) of Kedall and Espera. Currently enrolled at the Shi'al Engineering Institute on Vulcan.
- Cmdr. Tarla Dean: Commander Dean served as Evan's mentor during hist time at Starfleet Academy. She was instrumental to Evan's eventual graduation, and remains in contact with Evan.
- Flt. Captain Cassandra Egan Manno: Evan's second commanding officer, Egan Manno showed considerable faith in him during their shared time on Garuda. Evan still feels a great deal of loyalty towards her.
- Captain Roshanara Rahman: Evan served with Roshanara for nearly two years on the Garuda, and they developed a professional friendship and mutual respect. That friendship was tested when Rahman was forced to act as prosecutor at Evan's court martial. Though Evan knows that Rahman's role was not her own choice, his own guilty conscience made it difficult for him to look her in the eye in the immediate aftermath. Now that Rahman is Evan's captain, the two have once again become friends, though they still often disagree with one another.
- Antik: Antik was Evan's meditation tutor during his time on Vulcan. He taught Evan traditional Vulcan methods of controlling his emotions, and also introduced him to the Vulcan martial art, Suus Mahna. Antik died shortly before Evan finished Starfleet Academy.
- Apollo: Wolf-dog hybrid Evan helped raise from a puppy on his stepfather's ranch. Apollo is currently under the care of his mother, where he has acres of land to roam. Evan has considered bringing the animal to live with him, but ultimately decided it would be unhealthy and potentially dangerous to have restrict him to the confines of a starship.
- Evan's parents met at a civilian engineering conference in New Berlin on Luna in 2365. Their meeting extended into a short-lived affair which ended when Evan's father, Kedall, confessed that he was married. Ashamed at what he saw as an "emotional outburst," Kedall returned to Vulcan and broke off all contact with Evan's mother. During his early years, Evan had a troubled childhood in which he struggled to control his erratic, sometimes violent emotional outbursts. He resented his stepfather and refused to accept his surname when he married his mother. Though Evan and his stepfather have since reconciled their differences, he continues to use his mother's maiden name. Evan's inability to control his emotions eventually got him into trouble after he severely injured another classmate over a minor altercation.
- Evan was to be admitted to a juvenile rehabilitation center until Kedall intervened and offered to take him to Vulcan to be properly trained to control his emotions. Temporarily placed in the guardianship of his biological father, Evan lived on Vulcan for five years. Though he struggled to fit in just as he had on Earth, Evan learned to control his emotions through the use of basic Vulcan meditation exercises combined with his devotion to learning Suus Mahna, a defensive Martial Art.
- After returning to Earth, he achieved academic success, though he still struggled to connect to many of his peers. At the urging of a teacher, a former starfleet officer, Evan applied for and was eventually accepted into Starfleet Academy.
Timeline of Personal Events
- 236602.10: Born in Albany, New York on Earth.
- 236804.05: Mother married stepfather Jim North in a ceremony on Earth.
- 237409.02: Arrested and charged as a juvenile for assaulting and severely injuring a classmate.
- 237409.07: Travelled to Vulcan under temporary guardianship of his father to master Vulcan techniques for controlling his volatile emotions.
- 237811.27: Experienced first pon farr on Vulcan.
- 237902.11: Deemed fit to return to family on earth with approval of the juvenile justice system.
- 238204.02: Recommended for Starfleet Academy entrance exam.
- 238410.20: Passed the Starfleet Academy entrance exam on Starbase 1.
- 238502.28: Awarded second Place at Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238511.05: Experienced second pon farr.
- 238611.07: Awarded second Place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238711.04: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238811.09: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy mixed martial arts tournament.
- 239007.03: Officially graduated from Starfleet Academy, assigned to USS Tiger-A.
- 239012.29: Reassigned to USS Garuda following medical leave.
- 239206.19: Reassigned to USS Invicta.
- 239209.20: Pleaded guilty at general court martial. Demoted to Lieutenant.
- 239210.23: Requested indefinite Leave of Absence from Starfleet.
- 239212.31: Proposed to Mei'konda at Starbase 74.
- 239201.30: Arrived at Shadow's Edge. Arranges passage to Reya-Laialara settlement.
- 239202:01: Arrived at Seheik Settlement.
- 239209.15: Transmitted final report to Federation Security detailing stolen shipment of photon torpedoes.
- 239402.17: Evan officially joins the USS Veritas crew roster as a civilian advisor.
- 239406.24: Per his request, Evan's starfleet commission is reactivated.
- 239504.11: Evan and his long-time partner, Mei'konda, are during a ceremony held on Esperance.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239007.03 (July 3, 2390)
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Current Assignment: Operations Officer & Second Officer
- Duty Post: USS Veritas
Evan Delano, Seheik Settlement, 2393
- Evan entered the Academy as an engineering major in imitation of his civilian parents. He struggled to adapt to the rigorous academic requirements of the school and nearly washed out. The mentorship of Commander Tarla Dean gave him the tools he needed to recover, and at her urging, Evan transferred to the Security Department. He had to work harder than most to succeed, but excelled in combat and tactics training. He spent a considerable amount of his free time with the Academy's mixed martial arts club, which he used to fulfill his athletic participation requirement. Evan spent almost a full year on a cadet cruise aboard the USS Centaur where he was eventually promoted to Acting Chief of Security. He was briefly transferred to the Starbase 118 Academy campus to complete training aboard the holographic USS Centris-A. After graduating, he was commissioned to the USS Tiger-A as a security officer.
- During the Iconian Gateway crisis of 2390, Fleet Captain Riley granted Evan a field promotion to Lieutenant (JG) and a new assignment as the chief of security. Evan was injured during an away mission and, upon his return to the Tiger, was forced to take medical leave for several weeks. By the time he'd been deemed fit to return to duty, Tiger was on route to receive a major refit. Evan was given a temporary reassignment to the USS Garuda following a recent refit. The Galaxy Class ship's tactical systems had recently undergone significant improvements, and Evan's combined experience in both Operations and Security made him an ideal candidate for the assignment. Evan only learned that his assignment was being made permanent when most of the crew of the USS Mercury was transferred to the Garuda.
- Aboard the Garuda, Evan held a variety of posts, first as a helm officer, then as the assistant chief of security/tactical, and most recently as the head of the ship's small strategic operations department. Evan was assigned to the Chief of Security/Tactical position in 2391. In mid-2392, Evan was transferred to the USS Invicta along with all of the Garuda's senior staff, though Evan was relieved of duty shortly thereafter due to misconduct during a prisoner interrogation. Following a court martial, Evan was demoted to the rank of Lieutenant and sentenced to two years of bond, pending good behavior. Relieved of his duties as a department chief, Evan was assigned to serve as the ship's tactical operations officer. Shortly thereafter, Evan requested an indefinite leave of absence.
- During this time, Evan was approached by Federation Security, who asked him to increase his contact with the Reya-Laialara with the ultimate goal of allowing him to join the enigmatic organization and report back on any suspicious activity. Evan accepted the assignment, and took the opportunity to join the organization at the end of 2392. Over the next few months, Evan sent back several reports before ultimately breaking off contact. He was quietly declared Missing in Action shortly thereafter. In 2394, the USS Veritas was dispatched to the Shadow's with orders to find and determine Delano's relationship to the assassination of a Starfleet captain.
- Evan was cleared of wrong-doing, and joined the crew of the USS Veritas in a civilian advisor role. As time passed, He made the decision to return to active duty as a starfleet officer, filling the position of Operations officer. He was soon restored to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, and became the ship's second officer.
||Cadet 4th Class
||238506.05 - 238606.04
||Cadet 3rd Class
||238606.05 - 238706.04
||Security Major, Com/Ops Minor
||Cadet 2nd Class
||238706.05 - 238806.04
||Cadet 1st Class
||238806.05 - 238909.01
|238909.01 - 239006.17
|239006.17 - 239007.03
||Starbase 118/USS Centris-A
||239007.03 - 239009.14
||239009.14 - 239011.13
||Chief of Security
|239012.29 - 239103.30
|239103.30 - 239105.26
||Asst. Chief of Security/Tactical
||239105.26 - 239110.05
||Strategic Operations Officer
|239110-06 - 239204.13
||Chief of Security/Tactical
||239204.13 - 239206.19
|239206.19 - 239209.20
||239209.20 - 239210.23
||Tactical Operations Officer
||239301.02 - 239402.17
|239402.17 - 239406.24
||239406.25 - 239501.01
||239501.01 - 239508.31
||Operations Officer |
||239508.31 - 239511.04
|239511.05 - Present