NPC STATUS VESSEL
The USS Tempest is a Veritas class starship active as of 2391. It is currently under the command of Captain T'Vara-Lahn.
In 2383, while under the command of Captain Coracin, the Tempest suffered a major accident while the engineering crew were performing a test run after making refinements to the ship's intermix chamber. The core quickly began overheating, and despite the efforts of the engineers to force feed the entire plasma coolant supply directly to the core, a warp core breach was imminent. With no options left, the chief engineer, Lt. Commander Javier Montanez, ejected the warp core, effectively subjecting two engineers, Petty Officer Reez and Lieutenant JG Roshanara Rahman, trapped within the isolated core compartment to painful, horrific deaths once the actively feeding plasma coolant system ruptured. Fortunately, Rahman's quick thinking protected the two engineers from the subsequent flood of plasma coolant, although both suffered severe injuries requiring lengthy rehabilitation at Medical Starbase 253. After the accident, Montanez received a commendation for his decisive action that saved the lives of over 300 people aboard the Tempest, with no casualties incurred among his engineering crew.
- Captain T'Vara-Lahn, Vulcan female. Commanding Officer.
Personnel Previously Assigned
- Coracin, human male. Former commanding officer, circa 2383.
- Javier Montanez, human male. Chief engineer, circa 2383.
- Roshanara Rahman, Kriosian female. Former engineer: 2382 - 2383
- Reez, Denobulan male. Former engineering petty officer, circa 2383.
- Faryul Nishal, Bajoran female. Former nurse: SD 238306.22 - 238502.15
- Msafiri Bakari, human male. Former security officer: 2382 - 2385
- Zhou Tai-Sheng, human male. Former security officer: 2382 - 2387
Crew History Timeline
|Starfleet Vessel Register|