LOST NPC VESSEL
The USS Minerva was a Veritas class starship that was destroyed along with the USS Stalwart by Tholian forces in late 2395 at the Battle of Astrofori One. It was later salvaged by the ancient Menthar AI defense system known as Sentinel before being destroyed again in 2396 at the Battle of Gamma Camelopardalis by the USS Veritas.
Named after the Roman goddess of wisdom and war, Minerva was part of Task Force 105, Starfleet's response to increasing tensions along the Tholian border and was patrolling Astrofori One's defense perimeter when she came across a fleet of 322 Tholian vessels heading towards the station. Though both ships ultimately were lost, Minerva and Stalwart were able to stall the fleet long enough for the station's occupants to evacuate.
The following year in 2396, the Menthar AI known as Sentinel salvaged Minerva and Stalwart, using both vessels to attack the Tholian fleet that remained in the Gamma Camelopardalis system after the destruction of Astrofori One. Eventually, Sentinel had defeated and captured nearly all of the remaining Tholian forces before the USS Veritas and USS Solaris were sent to investigate the disappearance of the Tholian fleet. The resulting Battle of Gamma Camelopardalis culminated with Minerva's final destruction by her sister ship Veritas.
- CO: Captain Kaneshiro Tatsuya, human male (KIA)
- XO: Lt. Cmdr. Chaulok, Vulcan female (KIA)
- Tactical: Lieutenant JG Michael Goodwell, launched in an escape pod, current status unknown
- Ensign Perkins, status unknown
- Ensign Jel'ten, status unknown
- Ensign Roe, status unknown - (Geoffrey Teller owed him four bars of gold pressed latinum)
|Starfleet Vessel Register|