|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
Lieutenant Junior Grade Jocelyn "Jo" Marshall is currently serving as an Operations Officer aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Height: 1.72m (5'8)
- Build: Athletic
- Hair: Dark Blonde/Brown
- Eyes: Hazel
- Length of Hair: Long, Shoulder Length
- Skin Tone: Lightish
- Birthmarks, Scars: 3" scar on left bicep, moderate scar on right side of forehead
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Brushstroke circle over shoulder
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty):
- Flannel, jeans, t-shirts, boots
- Vintage black jacket from Earth with United Kingdom patch on the arm
- Voice: English accent, gravelly
- Hobbies: Plays Springball, restores vintage motorcycles and cars, classical music (Earth 1960s through to modern)
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None of note.
- Temperament: Doesn't take herself very seriously, prefers to break tensions, will argue her point as good as any. When faced with a challenge, she'll play hard and play to win.
- Ambitions and goals: Attaining a lead of a department, or a few more pips on her collar.
- Personal achievements and disappointments:
- Graduating from Starfleet Academy in the top Engineering bracket.
- Carriage: When busy, she walks with purpose, woman on a mission. When relaxed, casual and slowed down a notch.
- Mannerisms: Crosses her arms, leans on one leg, runs her hands through her hair, tends to chew on her lip when she's thinking, kicks boots up on desks wherever possible. She has her hands in her pockets when feeling relaxed.
- Quarters: Kept tidy, limited personal effects, a springball usually around somewhere. Holoimages of her family, Academy Decathlon team, and her Bajoran Springball team are above her desk.
Growing up on a colony was one of the benefits of being a child of two Starfleet Officers. Jo was born on a starship, then raised on Volan III after the Dominion War. Her parents were deployed as part of Starfleet's ongoing efforts to maintain the demilitarised zone and repair some of the damage that had been caused during the occupation of Bajor. Many Bajorans that Jo encountered had first hand experiences of the war and what it had done to their home and people. Growing up among adults that had seen the end of a war, witnessing many of the problems the Dominion had caused, formed Jo into a well rounded individual from a young age.
Seeing the end of the occupation meant a return to Federation standards of living and the Bajorans cultivated the colony to thrive. Jo enjoyed many pursuits in her young age, including travelling throughout the planet, mountain climbing, surfing and diving, as well as the national pastime of Springball. Once she got a taste for the game, and the intricacies of shots, she was hooked. Playing throughout her school years and through her teenage life, sports and studies kept her busy. She was often seen running from one campus to another with her Springball glove or part of a machine she had disassembled from something. When she could compete on the tournament circuit, she started running competitions professionally, playing for Volan III at the championship matches. There was the initial option of prolonging her foray into professional sports, however the call of a career in Starfleet was too strong.
The interest in engineering she had taken started from a young age, under the influence of her mother and father, both Engineers in Starfleet within specialised fields. Her mother enrolled her in a part-time apprenticeship as she started her middle school years, working for the large mining operation within the mountains. On finishing school for the day, if there wasn't a sports practice, Jo would grab one of the worker shuttle transports to the mines and begin shadowing one of the many mining engineers, usually Bajoran. Within a few months she had picked up the Bajoran language and could work without the Universal Translator. She was a hard worker, being both focused and driven to finding new ways of accomplishing old tasks, and new solutions to recurring problems. Given her first motorcycle at fifteen, the first thing she did was take it apart to see how it all worked, before putting it back together and going for a spin up the mountain paths. This only fueled her drive to find bigger problems, bigger engineering tasks, in which only Starfleet could offer.
After her enlistment into Starfleet Academy, Jo was a capable Engineer from the start and learned quickly. She chose to Major in Engineering, specifically Warp Theory, and minor in Operations to coincide with her abilities to multi-task. Taking on board her experience and talent for the work, she was deployed to the Fleet Operations Center to carry on her training while working on some of the most recent fleet vessels and technology in the field. Working tirelessly to prove herself in the Academy's arena, she became one of the leading new Engineers on graduation; a moment she is very proud of. Upon completion of her Cadet Cruise, she requested deployment to Starbase 118 Fleet.
Arriving on the USS Gorkon mid mission, the deployment shuttlecraft Jo was on hurtled through a fissure in space and arrived with the ship on the other side of an alternate universe. They rescued who they could from the alternate USS Triumphant; battled the Jem'Hadar fleet; persevered through months of rationing and cannibalising abandoned vessels for supplies; losing crew members to raids and away team missions, and finally getting home after forging an uneasy alliance with the Romulans. Jo is still feeling the aftershocks of this misadventure and it will no doubt have a bearing on her life in the future.
She plays Springball in her downtime, still trying to find new players to practice with and enjoys enlisting for tournament matches in the Holodeck arenas when on shoreleave. Her foray into the world of motor mechanics lets her enjoy working on Engineering projects on the sidelines, building and riding vintage Terran motorcycles (and sometimes cars) in the Holodeck. When she needs less noise and more centering, she quiets her mind with meditation and yoga. She has maintained the habit of keeping fit from her days of professional sports and holds it a big part of her lifestyle, including cardio training and weightlifting.
She lives for coffee and Bajoran makapa bread, with the crust.
- Partner: None
- Children: None
- Mother: Lt.Cmdr Robin "Wren" Marshall, Volan III
- Father: Cmdr. Luther Marshall, Volan III
- Older Brother: Lt. Orson "Bear" Marshall, Tactical Officer
- Younger Brother: Cadet (3rd Class) George Marshall
|Cadet First Class||239304.10||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Engineer|
|Ensign||239304.11 - 239310.13||USS Gorkon||Operations Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||239310.13 - Present||USS Gorkon||Operations Officer|
- Annus Horribilis - 239301.21 to 239304.03
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - 239311.1 to 239312.25
- Murder at the Conference - 23940318 to 239404.10
- Stranded on Leutra IV - 239405.25 to 239407.12
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History