Together in Electric Dreams (Gorkon)
|2396, Episode 14|
Together in Electric Dreams
- Stardate 239609.22 to 239611.23
When a recent raid on a Cardassian installation was met with unexpected resistance, the crew of the Skarbek took significant losses. Retreating to Peshkova Colony to lick their wounds and mourn their dead, the crew are swiftly called to the aid of their network communication vessel, the SS Fourcade. On arrival, they found the vessel crash-landed into a nearby moon and an outpost on the surface, believed to be a former Cardassian base.
- Peshkova Colony : A rugged farming colony on the outskirts of Cardassian notice. The crew of the Skarbek drop in there on occasion to resupply, rest easy, and stay out of sight. The location of a memorial service in remembrance to fallen comrades.
- SS Fourcade: A repurposed freighter vessel designed to hide the communications network within. Utilised as a radio station within the Demilitarised Zone, Caedan Nkai is the keeper of the frequencies, conveying covert information across the space waves.
- Sansom Coulee: Region of space inside the DMZ, treacherous to navigate.
- Omicron Noctae IIIa: An uninteresting moon in the DMZ; barren rock, breathable atmosphere, minimal water. Crash-landing site of the SS Fourcade and discovery of a Cardassian outpost beneath the surface.
In no particular order:
- Graham: Graham.
- Eloise Moran: Affectionately known as Elle.
Click sub-headings below to expand or collapse.
Act One: Licking Wounds
As the team said goodbye to fallen comrades in the name of the Maquis, they licked their wounds on Peshkova Colony — a small, unassuming colony on the outskirts of Cardassian space. They relax, unwind, drink to mourn their dead, and some peel off into the night for their own grieving methods.
- On Peshkova Colony, Demilitarised Zone
- On Skarbek/SS Fourcade, Sansom Coulee
High above their heads, out into the wilds of space, the Skarbek/SS Fourcade took a decisive blow from a Galor-class vessel bearing down on them. As the ship's skeleton crew managed to keep it under the control and at the edges of the weapons range, the ship dropped into the Sansom Coulee to maintain what distance they could, throwing out a distress call toward the small horde of Maquis holed up in the region of the DMZ.
The morning after the night before, the crew of the Skarbek begin to piece together their lives once more, only to receive the distress call from the Fourcade hammering on the waves. With news coming through that the Baissac and Rousseau can't respond to the signal, the Skarbek has little choice but to jump headlong into an unknown situation.
Heading for the last known location of the Fourcade, the crew found the former freighter crashlanded into the surface of Omicron Noctae IIIa, skidding across the stone and powder, fire and debris scattered around. Cardassian signals picked up from the surface and an unknown outpost, Brunsig made the decision to split the crew into teams. They had objectives: find Nkai and try to help with repairs, head over with their supply vessel the Inayat-Khan to provide medical relief, and investigate the Cardassian outpost.
Meanwhile, the Skarbek would remain in orbit, watching the wavelengths and doing their best to figure out what had brought this about.
Act Two: Things That Go Crack
Tasked with their new objectives, the teams head away from the safety of the Skarbek and numbers down onto the surface of Omicron Noctae IIIa, hoping they haven't arrived too late to rescue their friends.
- Repair team heading for the SS Fourcade:
- Medical team on the Inayat-Khan:
- Investigation team heading for the Cardassian outpost:
- Remaining onboard the Skarbek:
- Stardate 239610.20: Fallen Comrades Remembered As Crew Of Skarbek Go To Ground
- Stardate 239611.23: SS Fourcade Crash Lands On Moon, Cardassian Attack Suspected
- Stardate 239612.26: Encounter With Q Reported By Gorkon Crew
- Stardate 239701.15: Terraformation Worries Lead To Gorkon Crew Support
|REV SD 239709.03|