Welcome to Dinosauria (Gorkon)
|2397, Episode 16|
Welcome to Dinosauria
- Stardate 239707.12 to Present
The USS Gorkon is dispatched to put the Federation's mind at ease and ensure that the experimental park is being run to their exacting standards of safety, bioethics and worker rights... but all is not as it seems.
- Bratax System: An uninhabited star system just outside the borders of Federation space. Home to the planet Bratax IV and the terraformed asteroid Trueno placed in its orbit.
- Asteroid Trueno: Asteroid home to the scientific pursuits of Ferengi company BetaGen Inc. (Beta Quadrant Genetics Incorporated: "We Create Your Future").
In no particular order:
- Doctor Bertrand Hankins: Head Scientist of the BetaGen Science Company
- M'ira: The Caitian Chief Game Warden
- Zhad: Bolian Scientist
- Matthews: Veterinarian
- Cedre Vanham: BetaGen Employee
- Dr. Angelica Rider: Paelobotanist
- Eddy Rennins aka Cheng: BetaGen Operator
- Colma Mandril: BetaGen Operator
- Coorg: FerengiCEO of BetaGen
- Noaris: Crewmember of the SS Vikartindur
- Lladre: Returning Trill troublemaker
In no particular order (equally hungry with sharp claws and teeth):
Large Land-based Herbivores:
- Brachiosaurus (herbivore paddock)
- Hlaiomimus: Romulan dinosaur (herbivore paddock)
- Pachycephalosaurus (herbivore paddock)
- Flared Hemegret: Red-feather omnivore from Pollux-A
Small Land-based Herbivores:
- Ellidamus (petting zoo)
- Pratloraunus: originates from Verdaka III, prefers the dark when young (laboratories)
Large Land-based Carnivores:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex (own paddock)
- Kritorhynchoraptor (own paddock)
- Velociraptors (own pen)
- Dilophosaurus (near control centre)
- Vrumak: Not extinct, alligator-like species from Romulan colony world of Væron (laboratories)
Medium Land-based Carnivores:
- "Kittens": Brightly-coloured fur in rainbow colours, a beak, with three rows of sharp canine teeth, a green substance dripping them (laboratories)
- Erinaceus sonicus: Furry, lethal-looking tail, chitters (laboratories)
- Belluchelodromeus: Chicken-sized, venomous dinosaurs from Romulus
- Ptribble: Ancestor of the Tribble (laboratories)
Large Flying Carnivores:
- Macropterosaurus: Has a fish-based diet
- Pteranodon kansii: Newly hatched (laboratories)
- Razor Beak: Seven feet long with a wing span (four wings) of nearly double that and clad with dark green scales, a pointed and curved sweptback forehead, pointed beak
- Velandra eel - Andorian, blue and yellow striped eel hunted to extinction for its skin
- Humpback whale: Has a krill-based diet
- Plesiosaur: Has a fish based diet
- Krigros: Large predator with multiple heads on long arm-like necks seen voraciously eating
- Nvihsy: "Land Shark", amphibious predator from Efrosia built like a shark with legs
- Dsna’druth: An Andorian amphibious coastal predator, with two powerful forearms, tipped with long claws
Click sub-headings below to expand or collapse.
Act One: Petting we go
Visiting Trueno, the Gorkon crew has to determine the safety of the park the company BetaGen Inc. has established on the asteroid. For this reason, four teams have beamed down to the planet. Each team exploring and being in awe with the amazing work the BetaGen Inc. has delivered in reviving creatures that were extinct for millions of years.
- Exploring the Aquatic Exhibits
- Driving through the Herbivore Paddocks
Entering the main building of the BetaGen Science Complex, the group consisting of Samira Neathler, Arlo Thornton, Loxley wearing a cap with the BetaGen logo and the always joyous Corliss Fortune were greeted by a holographic projection giving them a brief explanation of what was being done in the complex, yet in essence it was just another commercial for the BetaGen Inc. Being late, the leader of the science team, doctor Bertrand Hankins led them to the dome above that gave them an overview of the green, lush environment outside.
The next part in the tour, the slim doctor took them to the primary lab where they were given a demonstration of how the Reclassifier, a machine that stripped DNA, worked. Next on there tour they ended up in the Incubation Room, where they observed the hatching of a Pteranodon, later named Kylie.
The sightseeing tour was cut short, when a BetaGen employee Zhad, came to warn Doctor Hankins that something was wrong with the one-day old Pratloraunus. Which allowed the group to unexpectedly visit the Neonatal Unit.
Act Two: Running we go
When an ion storm kicks in, all things go haywire and every single member of the four teams tries to save their skin as they suddenly find themselves at the bottom of the food chain, while hungry dinosaurs are hunting them down.
- Inside the BetaGen Science Complex
- Investigating the Aquatic Exhibits
- Speeding through the Carnivore Paddocks
Act Three: Escaping we go
Trying to survive and more importantly, finding a way to leave the asteroid with all their limbs still intact, the teams try to restore some of the primary facilities scattered around the asteroid.
- Inside the Weather Control Complex
- Escaping the Emergency Bunker
- Stardate 239708.16: BetaGen Inc. Experience "Dinosauria" Undergoest Starfleet Scientific Assesment
- Stardate 239709.18: Gorkon Crew Trapped As Ion-Storm Hits BetaGen Concept Park "Dinosauria"
|REV SD 239709.25|