|Full Name||Caedan Nkai|
|T/E Rating||T6 NR*|
Caedan Nkai is a Rodulan engineer currently serving aboard the USS Gorkon as a Mission Specialist.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Personal History
- 5 Service Record
- Height: 1.80m (5' 11")
- Build: Average, with developed muscles from climbing
- Hair: Brown, short
- Eyes: Darkest blue (iris and sclera)
Still fairly young for a Rodulan and yet decades older than most of his peers, Caedan has a quick smile and easy-going demeanour. In the human-dominated Starfleet he doesn't stand out in either height or build, while his hobby of hauling himself up tall objects under his own power has developed a respectable muscle mass as well as callouses on his hands. He keeps his hair relatively short, starting out neat and styled in the morning and often a mess by the evening, courtesy of his habit of running his hands through it when thinking or anxious.
- Climbing: Though Caedan could not be accused of being sporty, he does nonetheless enjoying climbing as a hobby. He would one day like to climb an eight-thousander, but for the time being he is restricted to simulations in the holodecks, and climbs that do not require any acclimatisation while on shore leave.
- Baking: Caedan often baked with his grandparents as a child, and has continued that hobby into adulthood. Every year, he bakes along with the Galactic Bake Off, something his colleagues have come to greatly anticipate.
- Sculpting: Like most Rodulans, Caedan telepathically sculpts basotile both as a hobby and a way to maintain his neural health.
- Mother: Aefa Nkai
- Father: Goleu Truel
- Sister: Eira Nkai
- Brother: Vawne Nkai (Missing, presumed dead)
- "Adopted" Brother: Daeryn Sunn
|Meeting when they both worked in the Operations department of the Gorkon, Caedan and Jo Marshall quickly discovered they have a shared love for raucous nights out. Particularly on shore leave, they can often be found hitting the bars and encouraging one another to drink far, far too much. She is one of his best friends and most favourite people, and one of the few people he's happy to confide in when he feels like opening up.|
|Caedan met Valesha when the Romulan scientist cut a lonely figure at an awards ceremony. Despite her sharp tongue, he warmed to her and her sly, often dark sense of humour, and the two became firm friends. He's often aware that there's a lot more bubbling under the surface than she cares to give away, and he has made a concerted effort to try and help alleviate her loneliness by introducing her to some of his wider circle. After his life-threatening injury during Lladre's capture of the Gorkon, she was one of the people who visited him in sickbay, confessing how important he was to her.|
|Erin and Caedan became friends while serving aboard the Gorkon Over There. The hybrid woman particularly endeared herself to him when she spent the last of her personal replicator rations to bring him a swuit stick on a day he was feeling particularly low. Since then, they've grown into friends, and he has even managed to convince her to accompany him on the odd climbing trip.|
|Until recently, Caedan and Ayiana were little more than friendly co-workers, not often working together or sharing many interests. The seeds of friendship were planted when the pair shared some drinks and a heartfelt conversation about love and life during shore leave on Deluvia IV.|
|Two individuals with an affable, generous disposition, Caedan and Chris have always worked easily and well together. Chris is easily one of his favourites — something the Rodulan tries not to make too obvious — and he harbours a hope that the Petty Officer will change his mind about leaving the Gorkon and stay aboard when the time comes for him to re-enlist.|
|Trained as an engineer, Caedan appreciates Tasha's skills and ingenuity in her chosen profession, though he harbours concerns over her ability to effectively lead a department. While definitely the playful sort himself, he does occasionally find himself frustrated by the Chief Engineer's childish demeanour, particularly when she deploys it at inappropriate times or in fits of rage.|
- 2310 (Age 0): Caedan is born.
- 2325 (Age 15): Occupation of Rodul by the Cardassians begins.
- 2343 (Age 33): Caedan leaves Rodul, and joins the Merchant Marines.
- 2348 (Age 38): Occupation of Basul Rodul ends.
- 2356 (Age 46): Caedan "steps up" from the Merchant Marines to enter Starfleet Academy, majoring in Engineering and minoring in Operations.
The USS Selaya
- 2360 (Age 50): Caedan's first posting after graduation is to the USS Selaya, an Excelsior-class vessel. Posted as an engineer, he meets and very quickly falls for Solan, a half-Vulcan helmsman.
The USS Yamaguchi
- 2364 (Age 54): Caedan accepts a posting the the USS Yamaguchi, an Ambassador-class vessel.
- 2366 (Age 56): Battle of Wolf 359. Caedan's partner, Solan, dies in the battle, and the Yamaguchi disappears with its remaining crew, including Caedan. The ship was assumed destroyed by the Borg, but unknown to anyone, it had been stolen away by a member of the Q Continuum, suspended out of time in a collection of many other vessels.
- 2392 (Age 56*) Twenty-five years later, the Yamaguchi and its crew are freed from the collection by the crew of the USS Invicta. Many of the crew, including Caedan, receive counselling and training to help them adjust.
The USS Gorkon
- 2393 (Age 57*): Caedan accepts a posting to the USS Gorkon, a Sovereign class vessel, as Chief of Operations.
|Ensign||236009 - 236203||USS Selaya||Engineering Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||236203 - 236408|
|Lieutenant||236408 - 236706||USS Yamaguchi||Assistant Chief Engineer|
|236706 - 239208||Believed KIA|
|239208 - 239302||Starbase 118 Academy||Training|
|239302 - 239508.14||USS Gorkon||Chief of Operations|
|239508.14 - 239511.17||Mission Specialist|
|239511.17 -239601.27||Chief of Operations|
|Lieutenant Commander||239601.27 - 239609.23|
|239609.23 - 239706.29||Special Operations Officer|
|239706.29 - Present||Mission Specialist|
Commendations and Decorations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Annus Horribilis (239301.21-239304.03):
- Annus Horribilis, Part 2 (239305.11-239308.30):
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (239311.1 - 239312.25):
- The Silver Function (239405.25 - 239407.12):
- The Devil's Expanse (239409.17 - 239411.01):
- Sweet Dreams are Made of this (239508.14 - 239511.15):
- The Njörðr Incident (239602.05 - 239603.25):
- Operation Sea Devil (239605.15 - 239608.01):
- Together in Electric Dreams (239609.23 - ):
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History