|Birthplace||Canberra, Australia (raised in Cardiff, Wales), Earth|
Loxley is currently serving as a medical officer aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Height: 1.65m (5'4")
- Weight: 57kg
- Build: Slight
- Skin: Pale, with a faint copper tinge
- Hair: Ginger, scruffy
- Eyes: Green
- Tattoos/Scars: None
Loxley is an intelligent and enthusiastic hybrid raised on Earth. He has an obsession for details, which is as much an asset as it is his greatest flaw, as sometimes he can miss the bigger picture while looking for the little things.
Clothing On Duty: Standard uniform, although generally with the sleeves pushed up. Occasionally he also wears a non-regulation cap
Off Duty: Loxley wears a cap about 99% of the time when off-duty and has a small collection to choose from, depending on his mood. Otherwise, he tends to wear simple, practical outfits - baggy combat trousers or jeans and long-sleeved t-shirts in neutral colours. Whatever the actual garments, he always ends up looking slightly scruffy.
- Mother: Lillian Loxley (Human), Earth heritage historian
- Father: Sylvik, (Vulcan), Consular
- Siblings: None
- Cousin: Cerys Evans - Lillian Loxley was always very close to her sisters which resulted in Cerys and Loxley growing up together, more like siblings than cousins.
Hobbies and Interests
- Scientific journals: Loxley subscribes to all manner of journals as he likes to keep up-to-date on scientific breakthroughs and the latest in medical treatments. His particular interest is in bio-medical research.
- Castles: Lillian's area of Earth history expertise is Middle Ages Europe. She filled Loxley's childhood with visits too, and stories about, the ancient fortifications that border England and Wales and he's carried that youthful fascination with him into adulthood. There's a definite science to castle building, which he appreciates.
Food & Drink
- Jestral tea: Loxley likes most kinds of tea, but finds Jestral tea particularly pleasant and soothing.
- Rum: Dark spiced rum is Loxley's alcoholic drink of choice.
- Welsh rarebit: The best food ever. Scientifically proven by an actual scientist. That scientist was Loxley.
- Seafood: Loxley is a huge seafood fan, and loves trying new fish dishes from across the galaxy.
Physiology and Health
The complexity of Vulcan/Human hybridisation usually necessitates medical intervention to ensure a smooth integration. However, despite this process, problems can still occur. Loxley has a human heart and cardiovascular system, but Vulcan blood. This has led to inefficiencies in his metabolism as well as other complications. As a result, Loxley is small and underweight even by Human standards. Although not lacking strength, he does have less stamina and tires easily. As his body is also incapable of producing more Vulcan blood, Loxley requires a full transfusion every couple of years (copper-based blood having a much longer ‘lifespan’ than iron-based).
- Loxley is a qualified medical doctor specialising in genetics and medical research.
Loxley’s father, Sylvik, worked as an envoy at the Vulcan consulate in Canberra and met Lillian while exploring Earth and taking a tour of castles on the English/Welsh border.
The pair were together for 5 years before Lillian fell pregnant. During the pregnancy, genetic complications became apparent as the Human and Vulcan genes struggled to integrate despite medication and procedures designed to assist with hybrid gestation.
Sylvik had expressed the logical thought that the pregnancy should be terminated when the gene deficiencies became apparent - the child was going to have a reduced quality of life, and the additional medical intervention that would be required was significant, resources that could be used elsewhere.
Lillian was devastated by this opinion, and in an effort to appeal to Sylvik's paternal side, she gave the unborn child a Vulcan name, Sylvek.
Sylvik did respect Lillain’s decision - although he advocated logic, he would never have made a decision for her. He was also present during the following two years of treatment, during which little Sylvek was shuttled between various hospitals. However, after receiving a new consular role, Sylvik began to spend more and more time away during visits to Vulcan. The visits could be weeks or months, and eventually years at time.
Lillian returned to her native Cardiff where Sylvek grew up, rarely seeing his absent father. Eventually, after the destruction of Romulus in 2387, Sylvik was allocated to a senior position in Vulcan/Romulan relations and stopped travelling to Earth completely.
Sylvek grew up spending almost as much time in hospitals as in schools. The ban on eugenics meant there was a limit on what Federation doctors could do for him. However, the time spent in medical establishments gave him a keen interest in genetics and biology, subjects which he would go on to excel at.
On his 20th birthday, during a family gathering, talk turned to his absent father. A careless comment led Sylvek to discover Sylvek's 'logical' decision before he was born. Sylvik's opinion towards Vulcans and their logic, already not exactly great, was instantly soured. The same day, Sylvek began the process to legally change his name to 'Loxley'.
A year later, on his 21st birthday, Loxley submitted an application to join Starfleet. Loxley dreamed about being at the cutting edge of medical science, hopefully making breakthroughs of his own one day. He sees Starfleet as the best opportunity for that goal – exploring new space, encountering new and unique situations and circumstances.
|Ensign||239608.07 - Present||USS Gorkon||Medical Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History