|Birthplace||Iscandar, Tharazad, Betazed|
Ensign Kel Baina is a Bajoran/Betazoid hybrid Nurse assigned to the USS Gorkon.
- Full Name: Kel Baina
- Race: Bajoran/Betazoid
- Date of Birth: 2367
- Place of Birth: Iscandar, Tharazad, Betazed
- Gender: F
- Telepathic status: T2/E4 Telepathic/Empathic Scale
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 145 pounds
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Medium Length
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Dark
- Birthmarks, Scars:
- Build: Muscular
- Face: Oval
- Eyes: Watchful
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Hands clasped in front, as if intertwined in robes.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): If alone, naked. If in public, Bajoran tunics.
- Shoes: Lots of padding for days spent on her feet.
- Voice: Soft, comforting
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Clean, precise, always has a light on
- Favorite Room: Monastery
- Habits: Will clasp someone's left ear to check their pagh when meeting them.
- Mannerisms: Blunt and honest, almost to the point of rudeness
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Deeply spiritual, a believer in the Prophets, the Great Fire and plenty of angels.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Meditation, Hiking, Nature, Painting
- Likes: Art, Music, Science and Medical Journals
- Dislikes: Lying
- Ambitions and Goals: Become head of Starfleet Medical
- Achievements in Life: Acceptance to Starfleet Academy
- Disappointments in Life: Didn't graduate top of her high school class. Failed her initial application to Starfleet Academy.
- Temperment: Can be quick to take offense if she thinks someone is lying, but usually cool headed if blunt
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Scotophobia (fear of the dark)
- Physical Limitations: None that she knows of.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Kel Brennden (Bajoran)
- Mother: Kyris Daaren Kel (Betazoid)
- Brother: Kel Dagen (Older Twin)
- Brother: Kel Tarrin (Younger Twin)
- Sister: Kel Maris (Younger)
Born in Iscandar on the Tharazed continent of Betazed to a Bajoran father and Betazoid mother. They met after her father, Kel Brennden, a Bajoran Ranjen, went to tend to the spiritual needs of the Bajoran people throughout the refugee camps and other areas. While on Betazed he met Kyris Daaren, a Betazoid nurse. After the Bajoran Occupation ended they agreed to split their time between Bajor and Betazed. Thankfully, they were on Bajor during the attack of Betazed, but soon returned to the planet to help those affected and rebuild.
It was a deeply spiritual childhood, as the family often travelled with her father to various Bajoran camps and colonies helping to establish monasteries and schools while her mother tended to the sick. It was from them that she learned of her deeply caring and spiritual side and inspired her to go into Nursing school and, eventually, Starfleet.
Kel Baina has two older brothers, a set of twins, and a younger sister.
When she was 7 she was trapped for three days in a building in the Kendra Province on Bajor after an earthquake, much of the time in the dark. She often recalls this event, leading to a later fear of the dark. She tries to have a light on at all times.
- Current Rank: Nurse
- Current Assignment: USS Gorkon
- 2362: Parents meet on Betazed
- 236307.04: Parents married, in two different ceremonies, a traditional Betazoid ceremony and religious Bajoran one.
- 236504.01: Older brothers, twins Kel Dagen and Tarrin born at a Bajoran refugee camp where her father was helping with a monastery.
- 236709.22: Born in Iscandar, on the Tharazad continent of Betazed.
- 237205.17: Younger sister Kel Maris born in Kendra Province on Bajor.
- 2374: Caught in a building that was nearly destroyed during an earthquake in Kendra Province. Rescued after three days trapped in near darkness.
- 238608.31: Enrolled in Nursing School at the University of Betazed.
- 2388: Studied abroad at the Detlan campus of the University.
- 239006.14: Graduated Nursing school from the University of Betazed. Immediately enrolled in Starfleet Academy.
- 239009.07: Begins at Starfleet Academy.
- 239409.07: Graduates Starfleet Academy.
- 239410.12: Assigned to USS Gorkon as a Nurse.