|Sera (Sa'Ers-a M'Lyr'Zor)
|Jia'anKahr, Lyr T'aya, Vulcan
Lieutenant JG Sera is currently serving as an Engineering Officer on LOA.
Appearance / Vitals
- Height: 1.79 m (5' 10.5")
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Hair length: Mid-back, straight
- Hair style: center-parted and sleeked back into a neat chignon
- Eyes: Blue
- Build: Slim/Athletic
- T/E Rating: T5
T'Rel - not her favorite individual
Soven - has not seen in years. Not missing, just no one would ever tell her where he went to.
Kesh - The middle child; very charming
Vanik - The youngest sibling; irreverent, but nothing escapes his notice
Lt. Meidra Sirin - New found cousin and claimed daughter of D'Vik
D'Vik - Has stepped into her father's role since he disappeared.
- Relationship Status: Unbonded/Single
- Parents: T'Rel (mother), Soven (father)
- Siblings: Brothers - Kesh, Vanik
- Additional Relevant Family Members: Cousin - Lieutenant Meidra Sirin, USS-Gorkon | Uncle - D'Vik
Sera’s worldview up until leaving Vulcan to enter Starfleet Academy was incredibly insular even to mainstream Vulcan’s standard. This was due in part to her rather unorthodox upbringing within a remote clan (Lyr Zor) that could trace back their origins and their allegiances to well before the time of Surak. Her clan is isolated by remote geography in the Southern hemisphere, Jia'anKahr, within the Lyr T'aya region, is an ancient walled city abutting the Vuldi Gorge; and does not make a habit of welcoming nonmembers.
The ancient Lyr Zor, once spoken of in fervent whispers, were secretive, martial in nature, and were utilized by some Royal Houses as spies and assassins, if the price was right. They were one of the last clans to at least outwardly adopt Surak’s teachings and, even then, did not open themselves to outsiders. Much of the clan’s social customs, behaviors, and hierarchy are still unknowns even in modern day, and this is just how the clan wants it.
“Misdirection is the key to survival. Never attack what your enemy defends, never behave as your enemy expects, and never reveal your true strength. If knowledge is power then to be unknown is to be unconquerable.” - Denak M'Lyr'Zor, Follower of Tellus
Sera found the prospect of continuing in the family business to be less than a desirable future for herself. That coupled with an engagement to a boor of a male which her mother insisted upon to bring greater power and prestige to their family within Clan Lyr'Zor, caused Sera to consider her options.
The exact details of the catalyst which spurred her application to Starfleet Academy is not something that Sera doesn't generally discuss - and is known by only a few, as it is a most private and frankly distressing event she has little desire to recount. Needless to say, after her pre-marital bond was dissolved, Sera abandoned her family and community and fled to Shir'Kahr for the express purpose of learning the required Federation Standard and taking the Starfleet entrance exam.
Sera generally acts in a manner consistent to a typical Vulcan, to most non-Vulcans anyway. However, do not be fooled. She can be a most inconsistent creature at times...it just happens. She's been meditating; it's a work in progress.
Social interaction is an illogically intuitive process in Sera's mind, and outcomes of this inherently fascinating process have been mixed. This does nothing to stop her from continued attempts, as more research and experimentation must be performed.
She “enjoys” understanding how things work, and that extends from ship systems to those she serves with. That desire for dissecting things to achieve complete understanding is what drove her to declare as an Engineering major...that and she was not about to go into Security or Tactical even though she obtained higher aptitude scores in that arena because, you know...reasons.
Fun Facts and Trivia
- She only learned Federation Standard to join Starfleet. However, she is going to figure out idioms if it...ends her?
- Sera willingly tries new things in a most un-Vulcan-like manner. This includes food and drink, activities; just about anything, really.
- Sera is a TERRIBLE swimmer; in fact, she makes a much better rock in the water, TBH
- Doesn't draw any attention to it, but Sera is QUITE skilled in hand-to-hand unarmed combat, and her lirpa skills are killer.
- Sera cannot wink. It is now a work in progress.
- Has a digital Federation Standard "Word of the Day" calendar. - How do you think she came up with the word "perfidious?"
Fashion & Style
- Off-Duty Dress: Usually wears something Starfleet Issue. Pulls from Human/Terran fashion for formal events...because. However, will wear appropriate Vulcan/clan attire from time to time (however her clan's ideas on what is considered appropriate at times differ from mainstream Vulcan)
- Quarters: standard issue, however surprisingly cluttered for a Vulcan. Many empty spaces are filled with dissected equipment or devices under construction.
- Prized Posession: Grandmother's meditation robe (due to the most unusual colors) 
Lyr'Zor Clan Colors/Wardrobe
The colors adopted by the Lyr'Zor clan (Reds, blacks, greys, and whites) do nothing to dispel their rather unsavory reputation of shadowy dealings and purportedly distasteful continuing practices. Heads subtly turn and bystanders step back when a Lyr'Zor-ian walks by. Lines are sharp, silhouettes are cut closer to the body than in popular Vulcan fashion, which favors earthy tones and long flowing lines. Even scandalous pleating is used from time-to-time just because...they do what they want.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons
|240002.23 - 240003.14
|Sera Saves a Life - and no good deed goes unpunished
Hope Springs Eternal, and Other Reasons Why Things Go Wrong
|After the New Year's celebration, Sera finds the down slope of inebriation to be not as 'fun' as had imagined
|I & D (Incision & Drainage) Part One
|239911.20 - 239911.25
|Sera sings at a karaoke bar (series - ongoing)
|Who knew Karaoke was a Vulcan word meaning "To Suffer"?
|239911.13 – 2399.11.19
|Series in which Lt. Sherlock asks Sera for a favor. The Game ensues…
|Life is more 'fun' if you play games
|239905.28 - 39906.02
|The water contamination saga series
|Just a normal day on Shore Leave
|Sera tells a 'joke'
|Laughter is the best Medicine?
|Sera drags Ensign Aratta off the bridge
|It's all a Matter of Perspective
|Sera showing off her engineering chops
|Would a Colorful Metaphor be Appropriate in this Instance?
|Dill of the Day
|239901.18 - 239901.29
|Sera's very first sim
|Break A Leg