|Birthplace||Unknown (Raised in Honolulu, Hawaii)|
- Full Name: Ikaia Wong
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Race: Klingon
- Date of Birth: 237308.21 - 24yrs (real birth date unknown)
- Place of Birth: Unknown. Grew up in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T0/E0
- Height: 6 ft
- Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde (in a man-bun)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
- Father: Haru Wong (Née Takashi)
- Mother: Dr. Lily Wong
- Siblings: Alanna Wong (31), Kai Wong (20)
Ikaia Wong doesn’t know his bio parents and never grew up in a Klingon family or surrounded by Klingon culture. Instead he was adopted by the Wongs, his human family. The middle child of three children, Ikaia grew up surrounded by a loving family in Honolulu. He was a quiet and curious child who was interested in the world around him and why it was the way it was. He often liked exploring Hawaii’s many beaches or visiting his Aunt’s alpaca farm on Moloka’i where he would eventually work during the summers in his teens. Eventually, he would follow his mother, a doctor and lifelong influence, into Starfleet to pursue medicine.
One of Ikaia’s side projects he worked on while at the Starfleet Academy is his own emergency medical hologram. He was inspired by the work his father did in the field of programming. Although the hologram is more of an extracurricular hobby, Ikaia is proud of his work. However, he says it’s still glitchy and tends to “get a bit weird if you leave it on for too long” according to him.
Currently, he is serving on board the USS Veritas managing the Sickbay.
Swimming, hula, origami, programming, making music, tai chi, yoga, reading, surfing
Quirks and trivia
- Has a preference for seafood
- When he was 5, he accidentally dropped a knife on his little toe while playing in his dad's kitchen which severed the toe. It was, however, reattached. Ikaia has never regained full flexibility of his toe. There is a scar around the circumference of that toe.
- Tends to get motion sick. Had a love-hate relationship with roller coasters growing up.
- Can speak fluent English, Hawaiian, Japanese and Chinese. Ironically, he cannot speak Klingon.
- While he never swore in English at his time in the Academy, he did get around the language policy by swearing in Hawaiian for the rare times that he did swear. He got away with this for two years and three months until someone actually translated what was being said.
- Ikaia's hologram looks like an idealized version of himself. It also sports a very fantastic full Klingon goatee! It's one of the hologram's most impressive visual features.
- In high school, Ikaia had a part-time job as a lifeguard on one of Oahu's beaches. During the summers, he worked on Moloka'i on his aunt's alpaca farm.
- He really does have a mug that says "Galaxy's Okayest Klingon." He also has a shirt as part of his sleepwear that says "I fix stupid."
- When Ikaia was 4 years old, he learned the hard way how fragile humans are in comparison to him when fellow classmate, Timmy Winters, took away one of Ikaia's toys. He body checked Timmy into a wall when shouting at him didn't work. Timmy walked out of the situation with two broken ribs and a fractured arm. However, in elementary school, they did eventually become friends. He has remained friends with Tim Winters to this very day.
- Two major things Ikaia brought on the Veritas with him is a very well cared for aloe plant and a keytar.
- Ikaia and his siblings once tried to form a band called "The Long Wong Silvers." His sister was the guitarist, Ikaia handled keyboards, and his brother was the drummer. It did not go well when it was decided his brother would be the lead singer.
- Ikaia owns a pair of alpaca wool socks that was given to him by his aunt. They're his LUCKY alpaca wool socks.
- In his time at the Academy, he was attacked by a tribble programmed into a simulation as a prank. He did not find it hilarious.
- During his time at Aunt Niko's alpaca farm, Ikaia has raised a few of the animals himself including an alpaca he named "Lolipop." (He picked the name.) One of his pairs of alpaca wool socks is made from her wool!
- If you asked him what his favourite sweet thing is, it's cinnamon chocolate!
- Usually, he drinks one or two cups of coffee in a day. You know he's tired if he's having two cups in the morning.
- One of his favourite foods as a child is something he liked to call "The Dancing Squid." It's actually known as Katsu ika odori-don. Not only did it taste good, the dancing made him smile!
- He has his own social media accounts where he makes videos about health advice, positivity, funny or something really light hearted.
- Ikaia has very soft and silky hair. If you're really nice to him and he's in a very good mood, he may let you braid it. Just please use clean hands! His sister, Alanna, used to play with his hair or braid it for him when he was growing up.
- He's terrible at lying under pressure. Instead of the lie collapsing upon itself, the lie just happens to get bigger and far more elaborate as time goes on. The issue comes from his need to fill in the dead air in the middle of these situations and he starts to babble. In general, Ikaia hates lying.
- Ikaia is demisexual. The gender of a potential partner doesn't matter. However, their mind and personality does. He enjoys being romantic!
- Ikaia's room number on the Veritas is 03-1122.
- Name: "Holokaia" Project Hippocrates
- Program Type: Experimental EMH
- Current Build: Version 1.379 (Kanaloa Build) Revision 4170
Holokaia is the emergency medical hologram that Ikaia is currently working on. He has worked on this for four years as a side project which he has built himself from the ground up. His father, a programmer, is quite proud of Ikaia's work so far as it is a very ambitious project.
One of Holokaia's most recent field tests had him engaging in diplomacy with an alien AI. Thanks to his ability to accept new libraries into his programming, he has proven to be adaptable and flexible.
Time on the USS Veritas
- First posted on the USS Veritas
- 239712.06 Field Tests
- 239804.01 - Promoted to Lieutenant JG
Ribbons, Achievements and Awards
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|Name||Ship Posting||Relationship Status||Comments|
|Alieth||USS Thor||Good Friends||They've known each other since the Academy!|
|Antero Flynn||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Both share the love of music and surfing! Participated in Battle of the Bands on Donova together!|
|BAXTER||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia seems to think he's a good robot doggo.|
|Callistra Navarro||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Participated in Battle of the Bands on Donova together!|
|Charlena Vanlith||USS Veritas||Civil||Met on the Veritas. He's absolutely terrified of this tiny woman! He thinks that she's out to get him!|
|Gabrielle Porchevska||USS Veritas||Friend/Coworker||Met on the Veritas. She's one of his coworkers in the sickbay.|
|Hannibal Parker||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Worked together during the asteroid incident and has participated in Battle of the Bands together on Donova.|
|Kelrod||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia doesn't know him very well, yet.|
|Dr. Lara Knight||USS Veritas||Coworker||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia doesn't know her too well yet. But he has worked with her and they are coworkers in sickbay.|
|Plica Phyllis||USS Veritas||Friend/Coworker||Met on the Veritas. They work together in sickbay and have met outside of it for coffee.|
|Roshanara Rahman||USS Veritas||Ally/Boss||Met on the Veritas.|
|Sky Blake||USS Veritas||Ally/Boss||Met on the Veritas.|
|Tristam Core||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas.|
|Wil Ukinix||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Participated in Battle of the Bands together!|
|Zhanyt Lafizatar||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas.|
|NPC Listing · USS Veritas Crew Manifest · Crew History