|Birthplace||Unknown (Raised in Honolulu, Hawaii)|
- Full Name: Ikaia Wong
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Race: Klingon
- Date of Birth: 237308.21 - 24yrs (real birth date unknown)
- Place of Birth: Unknown. Grew up in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T0/E0
- Height: 6 ft
- Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde (in a man-bun)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
- Father: Haru Wong (Née Takashi)
- Mother: Dr. Lily Wong
- Siblings: Alanna Wong (31), Kai Wong (20)
Ikaia Wong doesn’t know his bio parents and never grew up in a Klingon family or surrounded by Klingon culture. Instead he was adopted by the Wongs, his human family. The middle child of three children, Ikaia grew up surrounded by a loving family in Honolulu. He was a quiet and curious child who was interested in the world around him and why it was the way it was. He often liked exploring Hawaii’s many beaches or visiting his Aunt’s alpaca farm on Moloka’i where he would eventually work during the summers in his teens. Eventually, he would follow his mother, a doctor and lifelong influence, into Starfleet to pursue medicine.
One of Ikaia’s side projects he worked on while at the Starfleet Academy is his own emergency medical hologram. He was inspired by the work his father did in the field of programming. Although the hologram is more of an extracurricular hobby, Ikaia is proud of his work. However, he says it’s still glitchy and tends to “get a bit weird if you leave it on for too long” according to him.
Currently, he is excited about his first posting in Starfleet and serving on board the USS Veritas.
- 239711.02: Placed aboard USS Veritas.
Swimming, hula, origami, programming, making music, tai chi, yoga, reading, surfing
Quirks and trivia
- Has a preference for seafood
- When he was 5, he accidentally dropped a knife on his little toe while playing in his dad's kitchen which severed the toe. It was, however, reattached. Ikaia has never regained full flexibility of his toe. There is a scar around the circumference of that toe.
- Tends to get motion sick. Had a love-hate relationship with roller coasters growing up.
- Can speak fluent English, Hawaiian, Japanese and Chinese. Ironically, he cannot speak Klingon.
- While he never swore in English at his time in the Academy, he did get around the language policy by swearing in Hawaiian for the rare times that he did swear. He got away with this for two years and three months until someone actually translated what was being said.
- Ikaia's hologram looks like an idealized version of himself. It also sports a very fantastic full Klingon goatee! It's one of the hologram's most impressive visual features.
- In high school, Ikaia had a part-time job as a lifeguard on one of Oahu's beaches. During the summers, he worked on Moloka'i on his aunt's alpaca farm.
- He really does have a mug that says "Galaxy's Okayest Klingon." He also has a shirt as part of his sleepwear that says "I fix stupid."
- When Ikaia was 4 years old, he learned the hard way how fragile humans are in comparison to him when fellow classmate, Timmy Winters, took away one of Ikaia's toys. He body checked Timmy into a wall when shouting at him didn't work. Timmy walked out of the situation with two broken ribs and a fractured arm. However, in elementary school, they did eventually become friends. He has remained friends with Tim Winters to this very day.
- Two major things Ikaia brought on the Veritas with him is a very well cared for aloe plant and a keytar.
- Ikaia and his siblings once tried to form a band called "The Long Wong Silvers." His sister was the guitarist, Ikaia handled keyboards, and his brother was the drummer. It did not go well when it was decided his brother would be the lead singer.
- Ikaia owns a pair of alpaca wool socks that was given to him by his aunt. They're his LUCKY alpaca wool socks.
- In his time at the Academy, he was attacked by a tribble programmed into a simulation as a prank. He did not find it hilarious.
Holokaia is the emergency medical hologram that Ikaia is currently working on. He has worked on this for four years as a side project which he has built himself from the ground up. His father, a programmer, is quite proud of Ikaia's work so far as it is a very ambitious project.
Time on the USS Veritas
- First posted on the USS Veritas
- Successfully creeped out Captain Rahman with Holokaia when Ikaia suggested him for talking to another AI and showing off Holokaia rather suddenly.
|NPC Listing · USS Veritas Crew Manifest · Crew History