Ensign Dekas is currently serving as an Engineering officer aboard the USS Juneau.
- Full name: Dekas
- Race: Aurelian
- DOB: 237005.09
- Place of Birth: Tropics of Aurelia
- Gender: Androgynous Male (Could be described as gender non-conforming.)
- Height: 6'4 (1.95m)
- Weight: 120lbs (54.5kg) he's definitely lighter than his height suggests. Semi-hollow bones and all.
- Wingspan: When his wings are fully spread out, they're about 9 feet all the way across. His wings are also sizable enough to reach down the majority of his back with the addition of longer feathers, and a little above his shoulders when folded against his back. And he keeps his wings against his back unless he can't, or is otherwise asked.
- Feathers: Scarlet feathers, with some blue and yellow on the wings.
- Eyes: Blue.
- Build: He is tall and lithe. Svelte and elegant. If a little lanky.
- Taste in clothing (off duty): Loose. Flowy and breathable. (Even his uniform is made to be a little lighter, and with cooler fabrics to keep body temperature regulated easier.) Beautiful. Because he is a feathered person, things that are too heavy, and too body clinging overheat him and that's not good, especially since he works in Engineering where things can get warm pretty fast. So he tends toward things that are easy to move in. But he does appreciate aesthetic, so these things are definitely colorful. But tastefully so. Not too distractingly bright without reason.
- Voice: Cheery. Bit sing-songy. Perhaps... feathery when he's using his voice softer. Think a touch like an eastern Norweigian accent in musicality. Tends to end sentences with a rising intonation. He sounds as friendly as he is. Which is to say very. His vocal range is a little higher, so he can come off as a bit feminine. And sometimes flamboyant when excited.
- Notable details: He has a tattoo on his beak. A cultural sign of adulthood and maturity on Aurelia.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: On his own time he can be found researching things that are of interest to him if he's feeling a need for time to himself. He can otherwise be found socializing, or singing and/or whistling to himself. If not sometimes talking to himself. He is also learning Federation Standard Sign Language because he wants to break that language barrier, as well as simply finding the language, in and of itself, very beautiful.
- Likes: Helping people, learning new things, whistling, reading, various theatrical music like show-tunes or just things that you can sing to, singing, has a particular fondness for things that glow, flowers meeting new friends, engineering.
- Dislikes: Unkindness. Dishonesty, he'd much rather hear a nasty truth than a lie. Other things to be discovered with time.
- Ambitions and Goals: For now, his goal is simply to do his best with who he is and be a good person. May become more specific as things move forward.
- Temperament: Very friendly. Curious. Decently excitable if his energy is encouraged, or something makes him very happy. Does his best to express himself in a way that the humanoid majority understand as approachable. Sometimes hard with a beak, but he really is trying. He's a pretty upbeat dude.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Mother: Zuka
- Father: Daf
- Siblings: He has 12 older siblings. 9 sisters, 3 brothers. He's the youngest.
Dekas was raised in a tropical area of Aurelia. He’s as colorful as many in his flock are in turn, with his bright red feathers. He is the youngest of 13 children born to Zuka and Daf. In turn he does struggle a bit with fully knowing himself at times, having so many other Aurelians that he takes after.
He can be a little eccentric, bordering semi-neurotic in personality type at times if the energy of people around him gets to him in that way. But he’s always willing to help where he’s needed. Tends to want to care for others before himself. To a fault if he’s not careful. Family is important to him, so he tries to find family in those around him. He likes people despite any awkwardness.
It took him a little extra time to decide if he wanted to leave Aurelia and join Starfleet, but he eventually chose that route, and learned he had quite the affinity for Engineering. Something he hadn’t expected in himself. But he very much enjoys learning new things about it whenever he can.
He graduated classes with pretty good marks. Specialized in Material Engineering and Programming and minored in Propulsion Systems and Helm navigation. Takes a secondary interest in various pieces of knowledge about psychology. But that’s more of a side hobby than anything else.
- More instructions about how to use the service record template can be found at Template:Service Record.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Juneau Crew Manifest · Crew History