Ensign Dekas is currently serving as an Engineering officer aboard the USS Juneau.
- Full name: Dekas
- Race: Aurelian
- DOB: 237005.09
- Place of Birth: Tropics of Aurelia
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6'4 (1.95m)
- Weight: 146lbs (66.3kg)
- Wingspan: 17 feet when his wings are fully spread out. His wings are also sizable enough to reach down the majority of his back with the addition of long feathers. The top curve of his wings is a little above his shoulders when folded against his back.
- Feathers: In a word? Colorful.
- Eyes: Bright, icy blue.
- Build: Lithe. Svelte and elegant. Semi-athletic. He’s a lot stronger than he looks. But it's mostly lean muscle, so it makes any musculature more toned than big. He's also pretty tall.
- Uniform (on duty): Basically the average uniform, but non-constricting on arms and wings, there are multiple style choices depending on his mood. He only binds his wings in EV suits and small spaces.
- Taste in clothing (off duty): His style is loose. Beautiful and tastefully colorful. He's big on pastels and darker cool tone colors to contrast his brighter warm tones. He prefers shirts that are cropped a bit higher, and he unabashedly wears skirts when he can. He digs a feminine style, which has caused small amounts of confusion from some people due to lack of comparison of his race. But any confusion from people has also confused him in return since he doesn't have the historical context of clothing in accordance with past lifestyle roles that so many other races do. The daily use of clothes in personal expression even without practical use is the closest thing he has to a guilty pleasure as an Aurelian. He's just not guilty about it.
- Voice: Formal, but whimsical, speech patterns. He sounds as friendly and cheery as he is. His vocal range is a little higher, and when he's really excited there is a notable increase in the musical intonations. Sounds similar to a very slight Norwegian accent.
- Notable details: The first thing you'll likely notice about him is the extremely colorful feathered head crest. It only serves to add to his flamboyance as a person. Next, you'll notice the wings. Then maybe his height. He also has a black-tipped beak, and an intricate tattoo of a feather on the right side of it that has touches of yellow and orange. He is unique.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Socializing, shamelessly singing and/or whistling. He often finds things to do with Engineering specifically; small practical things. He's learning a few commonly used federation languages. If he needs time to himself, he reads (fiction and nonfiction). And like many Aurelians, he values personal history and thus very much enjoys the act of journaling whether that's through personal logs, or physical writing. He keeps transcriptions of everything.
- Likes: Helping people, learning new things, show-tunes and upbeat sounds, also punk music, whistling, dancing, art, has a particular fondness for things that glow, flowers, bats, engineering.
- Dislikes: Unkindness. Dishonesty, he'd much rather hear a nasty truth than a lie. Other things to be discovered with time.
- Ambitions and Goals: To do his best, and make friends along the way. May get more specific as time goes forward.
- Temperament: Very friendly. Does his best to express himself in a way that people see as approachable. Sometimes hard with a beak, but he's trying. He's a happy guy.
- Values: Above all, he values kindness, openness, and friendship. As such he does tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Even if someone says something insensitive. He'll ask if they're okay before he pushes forward with correcting the behavior. Set aside his feelings to learn intent before taking offense.
- Spiritual views: He is a strong believer in the great Pho'nix. Not necessarily religiously. But spiritually. Like a strong connection to nature, the elements of air and fire, and the stars above. He has a necklace carved in the shape of a flame made out of a sunstone gem from Earth. It reminded him of his connection to it even so far from home. Like a fire of passion. He only wears it on special occasions, but he keeps it in pristine condition.
- Known Languages: Fluent in: Tropical and Formal Aurelian dialects, plus one or two other Aurelian dialects, and Federation standard. Conversational in: Several more flock dialects, and Vulcan. Has very basic beginner's understanding of: Klingon and a few others.
- Vocal tics: Prone to making clicking sounds. The clicks increase when he can't remember a word in the language he's speaking. He loves the word "Marvelous!" His laughter is generally self-contained, involves more of a physical beak clicking or a soft-humored snort unless you can get him to bust up into hysterics.
- Aurelian cultural habits: Respectfully bowing in greeting. He's toned down how deeply he bows. But if he thinks it's something important he will do the full bow. He has a deeply ingrained love of history from the importance of it placed by his people. He can and will ramble for a long while about history if it's brought up. The vice versa is that he will listen with genuine intent for as long as someone talks about their own history, whether that be personal history or just a history of something they care about. And they needn't worry about talking too much because from his viewpoint what most people consider long-winded is child's play to him. He can and has talked for literal days before. It's part of the culture.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Mother: Zuka
- Father: Daf
- Siblings: He has 12 older siblings. 9 sisters, 3 brothers. He's the youngest. He's also the only one of his siblings to be born as a singular hatchling instead of being a twin or a triplet (which are very common on Aurelia.)
- Siblings in birth order: Rha and Ruri (sisters), Irik and Keso (brothers), Sukki, Mars, and Ehk (sisters), Gura and Eris (brother and sister), Daffa, Koori, and Ura (sisters)
Dekas was raised in the tropics of Aurelia. He is the youngest of 13 children born to Zuka and Daf. It is a lot to live up to, but he's doing his best to make a name for himself in the universe.
Dekas is a clear byproduct of his planet's culture and that culture's lack of conflict with his people and other peoples. He's cautious, but he will give anyone the benefit of the doubt until he no longer can. He knows not every person or group has good intentions. A noticeable majority of the still missing Aurelians can be traced back to his flock and similarly unique flocks. (There is, after all, a reason that most Aurelians seen these days are of yellow or golden-toned feathers.) He sometimes wonders if they're still out there, or if their descendants are, and if they'll ever be found. But much like the rest of his people, he tries to move past it and not look at other races as people who'd do the same as the Orions.
He’s extremely friendly, and always willing to help. Family is important to him, so he tries to find family in the friends he has around him.
He was drawn to Starfleet from the moment he knew about it. And the interest in it only increased when he learned about Aurelia's well-renowned historian Loom Aleek-Om, who left and got the chance to experience the Guardian of Forever by doing so. He wanted to have his own once-in-a-lifetime experience. Despite that, he was almost talked out of it during a fight with his sister Koori. But in the end, he followed his intuition and his heart and chose to go. Most of his family encouraged this and were supportive. Curious. Excited for him. Koori was supportive enough to not fight him on it again, though she didn't say goodbye when he left. As of current, their relationship is a little distanced. He plans to try and mend it as much as he can the next time he visits home. They both just consider it a conversation to be had in person and not over long-distance communiques.
He originally thought he wanted to follow in the footsteps of Aleek-Om and be a historian. But found he had an affinity and passion for Engineering. Something unusual for Aurelians to be interested in. But he enjoys it very much and switched specializations and majors.
He graduated from classes with good marks. Specialized in Material Engineering and Programming and minored in Propulsion Systems and Helm navigation. Takes a secondary interest in various pieces of knowledge about psychology and history.
|Name||Ship Posting||Relationship Status||Comments|
|Oddas Aria||USS Juneau||Captain & Subordinate||Oddas is his Captain, and Dekas deeply admires her strength and leadership and hopes to gain her respect enough to be better friends with her.|
|Vitor Silveira||USS Juneau||Shipmates & Acquaintances||He doesn't know Vitor well, but his direct and extremely honest way of speaking intrigues Dekas and brings to mind a very sarcastic Aurelian. He's curious.|
|T'Lea||USS Juneau||Shipmates and Friends?||After getting caught in a malfunctioning holodeck with her during shore leave, he'd like to think they could be friends. At the very least he'd like to think they could work well together.|
|Nyka Wyss||USS Grace Hopper||Engineering buddies||Met her on the malfunctioning holodeck. She was very kind to him and he thinks she has great music taste. He hopes they have a chance to get to know each other better, and potentially work together on things in the future.|
|Isabelle Deveaux||USS Juneau||Shipmates and Engineering buddies||They've talked a few times, and they work around each other in Engineering. She's sweet if a little shy. He hopes one day she sees herself as cool as she is.|
|John Kendrick||USS Juneau||Shipmates & Acquaintances||Something about Kendrick makes him think they could be close. And he definitely wants that opportunity.|
|Kiran Han||USS Juneau||Shipmates & Friends||He likes Major Han's presence any time he's been around. Whether that be on a mission, or just during downtime. He associates him with pleasant thoughts and considers him to be someone safe. Being around him puts him at ease.|
|Rel Cassi||USS Juneau||Friends||Dekas thinks she's marvelous. And as far as he's been able to tell, she seems to feel similarly friendly despite not having a huge amount of contact with each other yet.|
|Alexander Williams||USS Juneau||Shipmates||Met the intelligence officer during a shore leave at the spa. He, The Captain, and Williams did some sort of Klingon foot treatment involving very toothy fish and then had some blood wine at the end of it. On an odd level, Dekas finds him somewhat attractive. Kind but also mysterious, as he assumes is typical of Intelligence officers. Dekas doesn't plan to act on it. But he would like to say they're friends.|
- "Sibling Rivalry" - (2398, Dekas has a counselling session with Counsellor Airik Tierney about the mission on Aturn VII, and his current relationship with his sister back on Aurelia.)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- More instructions about how to use the service record template can be found at Template:Service Record.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbon Citations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Juneau Crew Manifest · Crew History