|Riverside, California, Earth
Ensign Quentin Beck is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard the USS Ronin.
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Eyes: Chocolate Brown
- Build: Thin, lanky, and wiry
Current roommate and potential future best friend? Q has definitely stepped up to be his wingman, at least
Department head and immediate boss in the chain of command.
Born in Riverside, California, to Elmore(58) and Henrietta (55) Beck, Quentin took a shine to movies and special effects early on and palled around with his cousin, Sam, whose father gave him his first holorecorder. He used it to make home movies and learned how to create special effects in a practical sense, since he didn't yet have the technological aptitude to program any of it. He'd created a pretty significant library of his own versions of popular holoadventures and novels before his father, thinking Quentin was wasting his time, smashed the recorder and destroyed all of the tapes, forbidding him to ever touch a recorder again.
Quentin rebelled against his father's wishes, dabbling further in the art of practical effects at school with his friends and utilizing the school's holorecorders in secret. He showed enough promise that he was offered a scholarship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was able to learn everything he wanted, including developing a well-balanced coding base so he could also program just about anything he could imagine.
He also discovered a keen interest in chemistry, which allowed him to research different compounds that could alter a person's senses and allow them to better enjoy or immerse themselves in whatever holoprogram they might be using. By the time he graduated, he had grown quite skilled with effects and stunts in particular, but he found the difficulty of breaking into the business frustrating.
He auditioned to become an actor, but failed to find any kind of stardom. He continued creating holofilms of his own, continued to develop his coding skills, and was even offered a job as a professor at MIT. He ultimately turned that down to pursue a career in Starfleet. His focus at the Academy was on both Science and Engineering - he had too much skin in the game to pick just one, and he figured he'd have a head up on anyone that wasn't already cross-trained. He'd seen one of several recruiting advertisements that seemed to speak to him directly, offering him the chance to further develop his skills and give them a practical application in the field.
Not to mention the potential notoriety of being a Starfleet big-wig someday. He's got stars in his eyes.
(more to come)
Developed the first iteration of Ronin Bingo
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Reporting for Duty - 240011.28 - Quentin reports to the CMO for the first time after being stuck in limbo for a few days while the Ronin's senior staff were completing their latest mission.
- Into the Thick of It - 240011.28 - Quentin meets Nurse Rox in passing and helps V'Len to treat the Caitian science officer Luxa Lorana, giving him a confidence boost.
- Walking on Eggshells - 240012.04 - After getting settled in with his new roommate, Marty Tucker, Quentin prepares to attend a special dinner date with Ensigns Ico and Lorana; we learn a little bit about Quentin's unique sense of style and how willing he is to throw himself into danger for someone he's really just met.
|NPC Listing · USS Ronin Crew Manifest · Crew History