Lieutenant John Kendrick is currently serving as a Security Officer aboard the USS Juneau.
- Height: 1.8m
- Weight: 72kg
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Eyes: Blue
- Build: Athletic
John was born into a wealthy family, living in a sector just outside Federation controlled space. His father, Bill Kendrick, leads the Universal Trading Company (UTC) which unites 47 independent freighters in search for business, trading and transport.
Being the eldest son, John was expected to take over the company just like his father before him. But John wasn’t cut out for the world of business. He is an adventurer, an explorer.
At age 18, John left his home and family behind to study at Starfleet Academy.
Road to Starfleet
Throughout the Federation and beyond, a Starfleet officer has the aura of a 24th century renaissance man or woman. The so-called miracle workers. In reality however, only a small percentage of officers graduating from the Academy are truly gifted to excel in just about everything.
John falls in the category of those who, with limited talent but with hard work, managed to struggle their way through those four long years at the Academy. Observe and learn. That’s what his mother always told him.
Having no great love for the sciences and already having basic engineering and piloting skills (he got his first shuttlepod from his father at age 12), he chose to major in Starfleet Academy Survival Training (both Security and Tactical). A security officer has front row seats when it comes to first contact missions or diplomatic conferences. He’d go crazy if he had to sit at the helm of a starship all day or if he was being confined to engineering.
The Kendrick Family
- William “Bill” Kendrick, Father
- Elisabeth “Lizzie” Kendrick, Mother
- Eric Kendrick, Brother
- Nathalie Kendrick, Sister
- Gabriella Morientes: His best friend at the Academy.
- T'Lea: During their imprisonment aboard Daimon Kaybay's vessel, the FMS Gold Feather, T’Lea used a faux nerve pinch on both John and doctor Rel Cassi (mission:The Brave Ferengi) . Unbeknownst to the both of them at the time, it had created a bond between John and T’Lea which eventually drew them together once T’Lea could no longer fight the effects of Pon Farr. Driven by both lust and his duty towards a fellow officer in need, John mated with T’Lea. Currently both of them do not know how to proceed after what happened between the two of them. With T’Lea being his superior officer, it will certainly complicate things even more.
John befriended the crew of the transport ship The Wanderer – a freighter in service of his father’s company – after helping them get back their shipment of stolen honey.
- Charles Hennessey: Age 85. Human. A man who is used to do his own thing and listens to no one. Has been an independent freighter captain for over 50 years, working for the Universal Trading Company. He’s got a lifetime of experience. He is a father figure to his crew. Honest and honorable. Likes his bourbon.
- Moa Andersson: Age 29. Human. Lived most of her life on transport ships. Raised by her mother. Never knew her father. Her crew is her family, a bond thicker than blood. Her ship, her crew against the rest of the galaxy. Position: first mate and pilot.
- Tolena: Age 20. Bolian. At age 3 kidnapped while a passenger transport was attacked by Orions. Sold to a rich family on a border world. A living doll for their children to play with. As she became older, she was sold off as a house slave. Met a local thug in her teens. She managed to escape. It was Hennessey who saved her from this miserable life on the streets. Gave her a new goal in life. Position: mechanic
- Brikane: Age 55. Cardassian. He is the son of a high ranking Legate. Though born into a family of distinguished career officers, he was just a foot soldier in the Cardassian infantry. This makes him a failure in his father’s eyes.He hates violence and the military. It brings back cold memories of his father and family. He rather runs away from a fight than starting one. He only pulls out a gun when his life is threatened. Some 20 years ago, he got stranded behind enemy lines during the Dominion War. He took the opportunity to flee from his miserable life. It was Hennessey who offered him a new life, far away from everything Cardassian. Position: cook and nurse
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Missions & Shore Leaves
- Visitors in the Night (239801)
- The crew of the USS Juneau is investigating a black hole circling a quasar, when probes pick up evidence of a derelict vessel on the verge of being pulled in. Closer inspection shows it to be a pair of vessels, a large vessel of unknown origin and a smaller but still large Mithgiln vessel.
- Shore Leave (239802)
- John visits Lightside Station for the first time and goes to Fusion Haven where he chooses to take a mud bath to relax a little bit after his first mission aboard the Juneau. Unfortunately his day out to the spa is suddenly interrupted as Captain Han contacts him, informing him about the disappearance of both doctor Indobri and science officer T’Lea. John joins the SAR-mission to Orstand III to find their missing crew members.
- The Brave Ferengi (239803)
- The Jem'Hadar found a new home on Aturn VII, a planet claimed by the Ferengi DaiMon Kaybay. Captain Oddas is called upon by First Bekanar’Klan to mediate a peaceful resolution.
- Shore Leave (239805)
- After another intense mission, John is debriefed by First Officer Iovianus. After that he joins a training session at the phaser range aboard Juneau, organized by Major Han. Showing off his skills as an excellent marksman, Lieutenant JG Silveira nicknames him Bullseye Kendrick. He also attends a counseling session with Counselor Tierney, discussing his difficult relationship with his family. Before the Awards Ceremony he meets up with Commander Williams from Starfleet Intelligence, who just recently transferred to the ship, to discuss how they could improve the ship’s sensor internal sensors to detect weapons that can’t be filtered out by the ship’s transporter.
- Return to the Ring (239806)
- Captain Melchor of the USS Grace Hopper contacts the USS Juneau after their Away Team has gone missing on Ring 42 in the Dialran system.
- Shore Leave (239808)
- While visiting Lightside Station, John has an unexpected encounter with the crew of The Wanderer – a freighter in service of his father’s transport company. As their Captain - Hennessey - offers John a tour of the ship, they discover that their cargo has been stolen. With no help from the authorities, John decides to help the crew get their stolen cargo back. Their journey leads them to the fifth moon of Orstand III (Orsung) where they find their stolen cargo in a warehouse located in the center of a Balerian settlement. In an attempt to avoid bloodshed, John offers the Balerian leader named Orzuc a trade: Wanderer’s shipment of honey in exchange for an ancient chronowatch. The Balerians agree and after The Wanderer sets course back for Lightside Station, John receives an urgent message from Lieutenant-Commander T’Lea. Realizing her life is in danger, John asks Hennessey to alter course for the planet Phorth. Once there, they beam the Commander aboard – together with her mother (Raivus) and a Romulan male named Ajen. John suddenly finds himself fighting for the right to mate with T’Lea – the ancient Vulcan ritual of Kal-If-Fee. After he’s knocked down by Ajen and is about to lose the fight, Ajen is stunned down by Moa, ultimately making John the winner. As they conclude the ritual of Pon Farr, John is left with more questions than answers. Are they in a relationship now?
USS Juneau Crew
|NPC Listing · USS Juneau Crew Manifest · Crew History