Titan of Dusk (Astraeus)
NPC STATUS VESSEL
Titan of Dusk
- Stardate 239607 - 239608
As the crew from the Montreal gets to know their new ship, and serve with new crewmembers, they are dispatched on a shakedown cruise to Bajor. Even now, 21 years after the war, there are still tensions over the fate of some Bajorans. Tensions that the Astraeus needs to investigate and resolve before a new conflict can ignite.
With the refit of the USS Astraeus complete, Captain Mei'konda directed the ship to leave to Bajor, formally relaunching the ship after the events of Stardate 239501, when the Astraeus was stranded in the Shoals. This mission was initially intended to be to address complaints made by the Bajoran and Cardassian governments.En route, they discovered up to 51 people were still considered missing[footnotes 1], and they also needed to take on provisions for a longer trip.. With several departments discussing what they would need to find out what was going on, in hopes of finding the missing people, they arrived at the Bajor system, only to encounter a buoy that sent them a burst of information that was all about the Cardassian government. The scariest part about this was the fact that it had been placed within a half million kilometers of the Astraeus's deceleration from warp speed into the system. .
Upon arrival at DS9, they met the Bajoran represenative, Minister Dalen Martov, who knew Riley Delar from the Occupation. Also, a reporter from the FNS boarded at this time.. During this meeting, the remnants of the buoy were beamed onto the ship and examined by the engineering staff. They discovered that it had been made from multiple different components - several Bajoran, some Cardassian. Miskre Swenhart noticed there were pheromones emanating from the assembly, as well. One theory was that the buoy was created to destroy someone in a trap, although it's behavior towards the Astraeus argued otherwise. While they were on boarding personnel and materials, the medical staff were attempting to work on what they would need to treat, while the science staff began to think of possible problems. One was potentially Kalla-Nohra Syndrome.
Meanwhile, on Cardassia, Tel-ar was arrested after complaints that he committed multiple murders. During this time, several new officers boarded the ship - such as Ensign Awatto, Ev Hathur, Ensign Wright, Ensign Wrader and Lieutenant Junior Grade Melody Delri'ise
On the way to Cardassia, the Astraeus intercepted a distress call from a Cusan Esal from an unknown location. Stressing the new engine all the way up to Warp 13, the Astraeus diverted course. This system was AR-2301,. An away team of Commanders Riley and Solok, Lieutenants Shin and Hamasaki, and Ensigns Sirk, Sotak and Hathur were dispatched to investigate, rescue if possible, and place transporter enhancers on the surface. It was then that they discovered this base had subspace weaponry, and only a micro warp jump saw the away team land safely.[footnotes 2]. These weaponry were typically used by the Son'a, and soon the ship itself was under attack.
A firefight ensued with the shuttle crew being ambushed by the guards assigned to the prison, and Hamasaki shot in the leg. The away team eventually came up with the idea of using a phaser set to overload as a grenade to defeat the ambush. During this, Dr. Solok discovered an interesting fact - they were hybrids deliberately engineered to be so.[footnotes 3] While multiple rescue attempts were considered, the scattering of tetryon particles for the Son'a ship made this a difficult proposition, until the Captain decided that with the Son'a reinforcements incoming, they had a limited time window and would just beam the prisoners and away team on board.[footnotes 4].
While the prisoners were being beamed aboard, the warden was sent to the brig to be interrogated by Ensign Wrader and Commander Rosek.. During the treatment of the Bajoran prisoners, it was revealed they had been sold off as slaves. After the exchange of prisoners and then the Bajorans returned home to Bajor, the Astraeus departed for the rim of the galaxy...
- Commanding Officer, Captain Mei'konda
- First Officer, Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek
- Strategic Operations Officer, Commander Tal Tel-ar
- Mission Specialist, Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar
- Chief Science Officer, Lieutenant Commander German Galven
- Chief Medical Officer, Lieutenant Commander Dr. Solok
- Chief Engineering Officer, Lieutenant Jacob Harkrow
- Chief Operations Officer, Lieutenant Tiria Hamasaki
- Chief Security Officer, Lieutenant Kawakame Shin
- Science Officer, Ensign Solasta Awatto
- Security Officer, Lieutenant Junior Grade Melody Delri'ise
- Engineering Officer, Ensign Sotak
- Security Officer, Ensign Marcus Wrader
- Counselor, Lieutenant Femi Cattan
- Forensic Psychologist, Lieutenant Yishira Somlen
- Medical Officer, Lieutenant Junior Grade Sheila Bailey
- Paramedic, Lieutenant Junior Grade T'Katt Dugoras
- Science Officer, Lieutenant Junior Grade Stennin
- Science Officer, Ensign Ev Hathur
- Engineering Officer, Ensign James Wright
- Damage Control Technician, Second Class Crewman Miskre Swenhart
- Warden Thraen Khamar - warden of the Son'a/Cardassian prison compound, turned over to the Cardassian Union at the end of the mission.
- Minister Dalen Martov - Bajoran Minister of Trade.
- Lixa Dansha - FNS Reporter
- Dusa & Kudsa - Two Cardassian Justice Officers, arrested after being exposed as agents of a conspiracy
- Lieutenant Lina - JAG Officer, assigned to the Cardassian Embassy
- Ambassador Mali Deeye - Ambassador to Cardassia. Dismissed from Cardassia, under guard
- Captain Cusan Enel - Bajoran Prisoner on the prison installation, rescued by
- Getear Par - Agent of the Detapa Council
- Garheç Git Hujad - Cardassian prison guard
- This tallied with the Select Committee on Bajoran Returnees's results. As this Committee had been folded back into the Commission of Abducted Citizens in 2394, they were unable to investigate.
- For more information on the weapon, see The Jelly Bean Launcher (An investigation into polarion-antiproton burst launchers)
- Starfleet Medical is still investigating this, so is the Cardassian Ministry of Health. No conclusions are in sight as of 239609.
- Analysis seems to indicate that the ships had a passive form of stealth that boosted the effectiveness of dark nebula in blocking most sensors
- Captain Mei'konda - Engage
- Captain Mei'konda - Shakedown's Beginning
- Captain Mei'konda - The Briefing
- Lt. Tiria Hamasaki - Message from Interstellar Space
- Captain Mei'konda - The Minister
- Lixa Dansha - To Meet Movers and Shakers
- Lieutenant Jacob "Cob" Harkrow - Bits and Pieces (Part II)
- Second Class Crewman Miskre Swenhart - Why Does It Smell?
- Ensign Sotak: Motive and Origin
- Lieutenant Yishira Somlen: Strategizing
- Lt. Dr. Femi Cattan - What if we can't help them
- T'Katt Dugoras - Group, Split, Individual
- Ensign Tsuki Kazeyama - A Spectre of the Past
- Ambassador Mali Deeye - Grandiose Delusions
- En.Awatto - overexcited Ensign and her first day!
- Ensign Ev Hathur - First Day on the Job
- Ensign James Wright - First Impression
- Ensign Marcus Wrader: Reporting Directly to Combat, Take 2
- Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - Phasers, Scanners, Action!
- Captain Mei'konda Delano - Mixed Fortunes
- Lt. Tiria Hamasaki - And the Calvery Rode
- Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar: Gear Up
- Lt. Tiria Hamasaki - And Subspace Weaponry Shall Ring
- Captain Mei'konda Delano - Support From Far Above
- Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar: Fight Our Way Out
- Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar: End Of The Fight
- Dr. Solok -- Up, Up, and Away! Pt. II
- Captain Mei'konda - 9.5 Minutes
- Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: Interrogating the Warden
- Ensign Marcus Wrader: Initiating an Interrogation
- Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar: Hope It's The Last Time
- Captain Mei'konda Delano - What we signed up For