|Lieutenant Commander Solok|
|Born:|| 230405.06 (age 91)|
|Other relative(s):||Sarin, Vulcan-Terran half-sister|
Lieutenant Commander Solok is currently a Medical Officer aboard the USS Montreal.
- Full Name: Solok
- Race: Vulcan
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Montreal
- Duty Post: Medical Officer
- Date of Birth: 230405.06
- Place of Birth: Vulcan
- Age: 91 Standard Years
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T3
- Height: 6 ft. 3 in.
- Weight: 200 lb.
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Pale white, with green undertones
- Build: Trim, fit
- Carriage: Rigidly formal at all times, as is characteristic of Vulcans.
- Poses: Solok regularly stands with both hands clasped behind his back.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Solok wears his uniform when off duty, except during meditation or when engaged in Vulcan spiritual affairs, at which times he prefers the tan robes of a Vulcan Healer.
- Voice: Solok speaks typically in a monotone baritone.
- Handedness: Solok is ambidextrous, as it is the most logical option.
- Philosophical Outlook: Pacifist. Vegetarian. Devotee of the teachings of Surak. Kolinahr-u.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: 3D chess; taxonomy; forensic pathology.
- Temperament: Extremely reserved, unemotional, logical. Curious without social inhibitions, except those consistent with the Vulcan Privacy Codes.
- Marital Status: Unbonded
- Children: Sabek (son).
- Father: Spivak, Vulcan diplomat, missing in Romulan space and presumed deceased
- Mother: T'Rana, Vulcan Healer, deceased; Sarah Ford, Terran stepmother
- Siblings: Sarin, Vulcan-Terran half-sister. Sarin's whereabouts are presently unknown to Solok, although he believed her to be engaged in a private operation on or near Romulus to uncover information about their missing father. Since the destruction of that planet, Solok presumes Sarin is likewise deceased.
- Solok's father, Spivak, was a Vulcan diplomat and occasional ambassador to Earth. As is the Vulcan custom, Spivak was betrothed and joined telepathically to the girl who was to be his wife, T'Rana, when they were both seven years old. Spivak and T'Rana married, and their only child was a son, Solok. T'Rana contracted an alien virus and died on Vulcan when Solok was still a child. Spivak moved shortly thereafter to Earth with his young son. There, Spivak met and married a Terran woman, Sarah Ford. Solok remains unable to accept his human stepmother as a relation of any sort, and only interacts with her at all out of obedience to his father. Spivak and Sarah Ford conceived a child shortly after their marriage, and the product of their union is Solok's half-sister, Sarin. Solok has a strained relation with his half-sister, resenting the emotional effect her humanity has on him. As Solok's seventh birthday occured while Solok was in residence on Earth, he was never betrothed. He studied science and mathematics, as well as Vulcan history and culture, in a small community of Vulcans living in San Francisco, California, and working in and with Starfleet. Solok learned the traditional Vulcan mental disciplines in this community, as well. Just before his fourteenth birthday, Solok's family returned to Vulcan, where Solok continued his education in the Vulcan manner.
- While serving as Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Kodiak, Solok was kidnapped by a hostile, amphibious alien species called the Herpitites. Solok suffered an intense battery of physical and mental tortures while aboard the Herpitite vessel, an experience which has done much to unsettle the Vulcan's typical inner calm.
- Private: As of stardate 238101.01, Vulcan High Master Torat acknowledges Solok's ascension to the role of Vulcan Teacher. Solok will heretofore be recognized on Vulcan and by Vulcans as a practitioner of the Vulcan mental disciplines, and teacher of the same. He will retain his status as Healer of Vulcan simultaneously with his ascent. Note: This information is not to be shared with or reported to or by Starfleet institutions or personnel, except in personal communications authorized and delivered by Solok himself.
- Between stardates 238105.31 to 238106.14, Solok struggled with an unknown illness undiagnosed by the attending physician. Upon recovery, Solok resumed his duties as Chief Science Officer. No recurrence of the condition has been observed. Private: Solok's condition during this time was believed by some to have been the result of the ordinary septannual passage of the Vulcan male through the pon farr. In light of the Vulcan codes of privacy, no confirmation of this suspicion is to be requested.
- On stardate 238107.02, Solok was bonded on Vulcan to Lieutenant Junior-Grade Sakorra Jefferson Reed, Chief Tactical Officer, USS Kodiak. A Starfleet wedding ceremony has yet to take place.
- Private: As of stardate 238111.27, Vulcan High Master Torat acknowledges Solok's ascension to the rank of Vulcan Adept. Solok will heretofore be recognized on Vulcan and by Vulcans as an advanced practitioner of the Vulcan telepathic disciplines. He will retain his status as Healer of Vulcan simultaneously with his ascent. Note: This information is not to be shared with or reported to or by Starfleet institutions or personnel, except in personal communications authorized and delivered by Solok himself.
- On two separate occasions, Solok was captured and tortured by hostile aliens (on the first occasion, Solok was tortured while imprisoned aboard a Herpitite vessel; on the second occasion, while imprisoned with Rhys Bejain on a Tzenkethi base) intent both on gathering information about the USS Kodiak and its mission, as well as ultimately destroying Solok mentally, physically, or both. Eventually, such torture must take its toll, even if the subject is a Vulcan, and Solok -- with the assistance and intervention of his wife, Sakorra Reed, and his Commanding Officer, Hollis Calley -- voluntarily removed himself from active duty to pursue treatment at the Bajoran Center for Victims of Torture. The Bajoran techniques were not as helpful for Solok as was required, however, and Solok chose to depart Bajor for Vulcan. Before leaving, Solok sent to Hollis the gift of a rare Bajoran orchid.
- Solok spent the next eighteen months completing his training for the Kolinahr ritual but did not undergo the Kolinahr ritual at that time. During his most recent Leave of Absence, however, Solok returned to Vulcan and underwent renewed Kolinahr training. Having successfully undergone that ritual, Solok is Kolinahr-u, a Kolinahr disciple, and has found the extreme repression of all emotions associated with Kolinahr to be of particular use to him in coming to terms with the ravages torture caused to his mental and emotional calm. His devotion to Kolinahr has, however, put a strain on his personal relationships.
- Private: As of stardate 238701.01, Vulcan High Master Torat acknowledges Solok's ascension to the rank of Vulcan Master. Solok will heretofore be recognized on Vulcan and by Vulcans as a highly advanced practitioner and teacher of the Vulcan telepathic disciplines. He will retain his status as Healer of Vulcan simultaneously with his ascent. Note: This information is not to be shared with or reported to or by Starfleet institutions or personnel, except in personal communications authorized and delivered by Solok himself.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 237908.20
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Montreal
- Duty Post: Medical Officer
Solok began his education with a rigorous program of study under the supervision of the Vulcan Science Academy, where he developed interests in xenozoology, xenobotany, and comparative anatomy. He left the VSA, however, to pursue a career in medicine, receiving his medical degree on Vulcan with a specialization in xenovirology and immunology.
- 233502.23: Assigned as Medical Officer to the Vulcan Diplomatic Vessel Soval. Served aboard the Soval for 32 years. Promoted to Sub-commander by the end of his career.
- 236704.12: Sub-commander Solok resigned his commission in the Vulcan Diplomatic Corps and aboard the VDV Soval to become a Starfleet officer, contrary to the advice of his superior officers. Transfers to the Starfleet Medical Academy in San Francisco, Terra.
- 236705.06: Enrolled in Starfleet Academy with simultaneous appointment to the Institute for Advanced Immunology, where he served as Chief of Research. He continued the study of medicine on Earth, gaining an increased knowledge of alien neurologies.
- 237908.20: Graduated Starfleet Academy.
- 237908.26: Promoted to Ensign and assigned as Medical Officer to USS Ranger-A, Captain Cheyenne Skye, commanding.
- 237910.25: Promoted to Lieutenant Junior-Grade and Assistant Chief Medical Officer, by Captain Skye.
- 237912.17: USS Ranger-A decommissioned. Served very briefly aboard the USS Hammond, where Solok was transferred out of Medical and reassigned as the ship's Chief Science Officer. Was instrumental in discovering incursions into this reality from a mirror universe.
- 237912.17: Transferred to USS Kodiak as Chief Medical Officer, Rear Admiral Hollis Calley, commanding.
- 238003.12: Promoted to Lieutenant by Rear Admiral Hollis.
- 238004.01: Began first Leave of Absence, pending a malpractice investigation following his role in leaving undisclosed the export of contaminated medicines from the medical replicators on Midway Repair Facility.
- 238009.01: Reinstated as Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Kodiak. Cleared of all charges.
- 238012.31: Awarded the Purple Star.
- 238101.13: Disobeyed a direct order from his Commanding Officer, Rear Admiral Hollis, to engage in mind melds with senior staff of the USS Kodiak, in the attempt to identify an unkown saboteur. Disciplinary action taken: temporary confinement to quarters, and notation of disobedience on service record.
- 238103.05: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander by Rear Admiral Hollis.
- 238103.05: Transferred from Chief Medical Officer to Chief Science Officer, USS Kodiak.
- 238110.03: Began second Leave of Absence, no reason officially cited.
- 238112.07: Returned to active duty aboard USS Kodiak. Reinstated as the vessel's Chief Medical Officer.
- 238210.26: Began third Leave of Absence, to seek psychological treatment on Bajor. Ultimately left Bajor for Vulcan; details are unclear.
- 238303.21: Recalled from Vulcan to active duty. Transferred with most of the crew of the decommissioned USS Kodiak to the USS Triumphant. Assigned as Chief Medical Officer, under the command of Captain Rhys Bejain.
- 238401.11: Awarded the Prantares Ribbon.
- 238407.03: Requested and received transfer from USS Triumphant to Deep Space 17.
- Stardate Unspecified: Left active duty; details unclear.
- 238512.15: Began training for return to active duty.
- 238512.20: Assigned as Chief Medical Officer to USS Tiger at rank of Lieutenant, under the command of Captain Sidney Riley.
- 238604.26: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander by Captain Riley.
- 238701.13: Awarded T.O.S.M.A. I.
- 238612.15: Transferred with the entire crew of USS Tiger to StarBase 118 Ops. Assigned as Chief Medical Officer, under the command of Captain Sidney Riley.
- 238703.16: Transferred to USS Independence-A. Assigned as Chief Medical Officer, under the command of Captain Sidney Riley.
- 238707.02: Began fourth Leave of Absence, to serve as Special Federation Envoy to the Gorn Hegemony, at the request of diplomatic authorities on Vulcan.
- 238807.04: Assigned as Mission Specialist to USS Drake, under the command of Captain Quinn Reynolds.
- 238901.01: Awarded the Russ Bar.
- 238901.23: Transferred from Mission Specialist to Chief Operations Officer aboard USS Drake, under the command of Captain Kare'en m'Hapron m'Adrina
- 239010.08: Transferred with the entire crew of USS Drake to Starbase 118 Ops. Reassigned as Chief Medical Officer, under the command of Captain William Rogers.
- 239101.05: Awarded the Sheathed Sword.
- 239102.02: Transferred to USS Gemini. Assigned as Chief Medical Officer, under the command of Commander Liam Frost.
- 239103.30: Began fifth Leave of Absence, assisting the Vulcan Diplomatic Corps with classified diplomatic matters.
- 239112.20: Assigned as Operations Officer to USS Gemini, still under the command of Captain Liam Frost
- 239202.09: Began sixth Leave of Absence.
- 239206.10: Assigned as Science Officer to Starbase 118 Ops, under the command of Commander Leo Handley-Page
- 239207.14: Transferred from Science Officer to Acting Chief Medical Officer aboard Starbase 118 Ops.
- 239208.27: Began seventh Leave of Absence.
- 239501.16: Assigned as Medical Officer to USS Veritas, under the command of Captain Roshanara Rahman
- 239502.09: Began eighth Leave of Absence.
- 239601.14: Assigned as Medical Officer to USS Montreal, under the command of Commander Mei'konda
Awards & Commendations
- Lieutenant Theel Ar'i, Andorian female (PNPC). Solok has known Dr Ar'i since his first Starfleet assignment, as an Ensign aboard the USS Ranger-A. Since that time, Solok and Ar'i have developed a relationship that is not only professional, but approximates friendship (for Ar'i, at least). She has worked with Solok both in Medical and in Science, serving as the Chief Administrator of that department when Solok was its head. Solok has shown some concern for Ar'i in the past, but Ar'i knows enough not to attempt to address those rare events directly with the doctor. Although she spent some time aboard the USS Triumphant as a physician, after completing her field training for promotion to Doctor, Ar'i returned with Solok to service in the USS Tiger sickbay as Head Nurse for a brief time. She is now serving as the Chief of Surgery of the medical ship, USS Braveheart.
- Lieutenant Commander Severine-Marie Caldecott, Terran female (PNPC). Dr Caldecott began her association with Solok serving as Chief Surgeon under him aboard the USS Triumphant; after the decommissioning of that vessel, Caldecott was promoted to Chief of Surgery of the medical ship, USS Braveheart. She quickly rose through the ranks aboard that vessel, serving for years as the Chief Medical Officer before recently having been promoted to First Officer under Commander Jan T'Yai. That T'Yai is half-Vulcan is a constant (and not always pleasant) reminder of her service under Solok's direct supervision.
- Nurse Ensign Abiodun Mwangi, Terran male (PNPC). Nurse Mwangi came aboard the USS Tiger shortly after having defied his mother to join Starfleet as a means of honoring and avenging the death of his father, Captain Danson Mwangi of the USS Tucson. Due to an irreparable genetic anomaly, Nurse Mwangi lacks the use of his legs. Muscular, skeletal, and nervous development in the lower half of his body is insufficient to support the use of motor assist bands, leg braces, or any of a variety of exoskeletal prostheses. Instead, he uses an antigrav wheelchair to move about the vessel. Nurse Mwangi is presently on extended leave from his Starfleet duties.
- Ensign Arthok, Tamarian female (PNPC). Solok selected Arthok for an open Communications Officer position after reading the files of a very large number of candidates. Arthok's talent as a linguist is undisputed; she is one of the few Children of Tama (or Tamarians) to have mastered a Federation language, and thus to be able to communicate in a regular and effective way via the universal translator. Nevertheless, speaking a language so foreign to her native tongue is difficult for Arthok, and her uses of terms and various locutions is not quite standard. Solok finds Arthok's language skills remarkable, in any case, and her understanding of the nature of language unique. In this, Ensign Arthok will no doubt have to serve as her superior officer's tutor -- a relationship that will no doubt make her somewhat uncomfortable.
- Chief Warrant Officer 2nd Grade Tird Freelleenx, Kreetassan male (PNPC). Freelleenx is a long-serving career Starfleet officer who, although originally assigned to the Sovereign-class USS Temerity was re-assigned at the last moment as quartermaster to the USS Drake, due to that vessel's increased notoriety after its temporally enhanced mission to the Ishkarian homeworld. Freelleenx can be overbearing at times, and is extremely fastidious in both his personal life and the performance of his duties. He pays particular attention to the mannerisms, tone, gestures, and covert meanings of the various behaviors of those in his company, which can result in unintended consequences for those seeking out or requiring the quartermaster's assistance. That said, he has been known to demonstrate gratitude to those who go out of their way to make known to him their respect for him, his post, his duties, and his culture. Upon transfer to Starbase 118 Ops, Freelleenx was reassigned as Assistant Quartermaster. He now serves as an Operations Assistant aboard the USS Montreal.
- Chief Petty Officers 1011 and 1101, Bynar Unified Pair (PNPCs). 1011 and 1101 were Bynar medical crewmen serving aboard the USS Gemini as Head Nurse(s) under Solok's immediate supervision. 1011 and 1101 were transferred aboard Starbase 118 after they failed adequately to adapt to the environment aboard the USS Braveheart. Although they requested to be discharged from Starfleet service and returned to their homeworld, Bynaus, their First Officer, Lieutenant Commander Severine-Marie Caldecott, strongly encouraged them to consider reassignment instead. They currently serve as Head Nurses on Starbase 118.
- Lieutenant Junior Grade Fargit, Tellarite male (PNPC). Fargit began his Starfleet career by refusing to follow in his parents' footsteps as engineers, thus alienating himself from his family and much of his species. He pursued a career in healthcare instead, earning a medical degree and being assigned initially as a Counselor aboard Starbase 118. After a long series of bad performance reviews -- his insulting manner was somehow misinterpreted by his clients as untherapeutic -- he was transferred to Medical, where he quickly demonstrated to his superiors that his real talent may lie in treating those patients no longer able to be insulted. He serves as the Coroner aboard Starbase 118.
- Lieutenant Commander Gurmeet Singh, Terran male (PNPC). Singh is an observant Sikh who was born and raised in a small Sikh community on Mars. He is affable and compassionate, but nevertheless a highly skilled warrior, making him in some ways ideally suited to service in Starfleet. He joined Starfleet to escape what he felt as a young man was the stifling and dull existence in the Sol system, but has found himself stationed regularly in the least adventurous posts in the galaxy. At present, he serves as the Director of Security of Starfleet Medical Outpost Alpha-J99, in The Shoals.
- Solok's best -- if not only -- friend in the galaxy is Rhys Bejain, with whom Solok spent the bulk of his Starfleet career on the USS Kodiak, and whom Solok asked to attend his bonding to Sakorra Reed on Vulcan (Rhys was Solok's sole attendant, and something of an oddity, as a non-Vulcan; Reed's attendant was T'Lara, at whose estate the ceremony was held). Under Rhys's command aboard the USS Triumphant, Solok had to find a way to allow himself to continue the equality of their friendship off-duty. One method they found was the continuation of their regular chess matches, which were to Solok's continuing surprise often won by Rhys. Since Solok's last Leave of Absence, the two have had difficulty managing the regular communication necessary for the maintenance of their friendship.
- Captain Solok of the USS T'Kumbra (famed for his relationship with Captain Benjamin Sisko, formerly of Deep Space 9 and the USS Defiant) is the son of a distant cousin of Solok's. Solok has long suspected that he is the Vulcan Captain's namesake.
- Solok had the privilege of being the only member of Starfleet after whom a slug -- Limax solokia -- has been named. He cares for one member of the species in an aquarium in his quarters, and refers to it by its genus name, Limax.
|NPC Listing · USS Montreal Crew Manifest · Crew History