“For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”
|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Birthplace||Herford, Germany, Earth|
Stardate 239706.03: Lieutenant Junior Grade Blaidd Vescori is currently serving as a security officer aboard the USS Eagle.
What class- and shipmates had to say about Blaidd over the years:
- "You know that he is in trouble once his mom starts to call him by his full name, Blaidd Caerwyn Vescori."
- "There are mirrors all over his private quarters. Not just the walls, even on the ceilings."
- "If you meet him during his swordplay, don't be surprised if he starts to talk to his two-hander. Apparently his blade is like a person to him, he even assigned it a name."
- "Totally has that habit of talking not just with his mouth, but his hands, too. Pretty much everything is accompanied by gestures, sometimes it really gets over the top."
- "They say he needs his workout so that he won't fly off the handle. Got way too much energy, so he needs activities to put it into or he will end up cranky."
- "Forget about offering him green stuff. The man is a predator, he craves meat."
- "Is there ever a time when he is not actively listening to music or humming some tune to himself?"
- "Forget it, Blaidd, no matter how much you train under the showers, you will never make Federation Idol! So have mercy with your neighbors already..."
- "The use of compliments and a playful flirty attitude seem to be his style in just about any conversation, no matter who he is talking to."
- "Sure, he is single. But I've been living in the same dorm as him for the last four years and seen him go through a large number of male partners, so pardon me for having my doubts about him being relationship material."
- "He has a huge plush wolf taking up at least a third of his bed, which he cuddles up to each night."
No responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of this information.
- Height: 193cm / 6'4"
- Weight: 141kg / 311lbs
- Hair: Platinum Blond
- Eyes: Emerald Green
- Handedness: Left.
- Poses: Has the habit of flexing his muscles or striking poses without actually putting any thought into it. Can come accross as somewhat cocky.
- Expressions: Has an active, elaborate body language and most of the time you can read his moods by a quick glance at his face. To reign it in, he has to actively focus on not letting his emotions show.
- Voice: Deep, smooth and with a feral timbre to it. He certainly knows how to roll his 'Rs'.
- Build: Beefy, Heavyweight Bodybuilder
- Appearance: Tall, wide and intimidating to some. That is until one notices the lines around his mouth that hint at someone who often laughs. Even when dressed in uniform, his impressive physique is easily noticable. There is rumor about a betting pool if he will burst out of his wardrobe the next time he is going to bent or flex.
- Off Duty Appearance: In the privacy of his quarters or when- and wherever he can get away with it one can often encounter him going shirtless, just wearing trunks.
- Talents/Abilities: Public Speaking; Communication Skills; Empathy; Imagination; Conflict Resolution; Athleticism.
- Likes: Feeling pumped from a recent workout; Frolicing in the water (be it a river, the sea, a jacuzzi or simply spending way too long under the shower); warming up in the sauna; Consuming way too much junkfood; Flirting playfully; drinking beer (real beer!); Feeling the elements on his bare skin.
- Dislikes: Silence; Strict vegetarian or vegan cuisine; Wearing his uniform; being caught up in a hectic rush; People that go back on their word; Sleeping alone.
- Quirks: Sings when under the shower; Enjoys to howl like a big bad wolf; Blaidd is giving names to inanimate objects.
- Hobbies/Interests: Bodybuilding; Wrestling; Swimming; Swordplay; Singing & Karaoke (even if not at Federation Idol levels); Holo-Novels & Role Playing Games.
- Strengths: Physical Strength; Extroverted; Honesty; Self-Confidence; Cooperativeness and Imperturbability.
- Weaknesses: Self-Discipline; Power of Concentration; Flattery; Narcissism; Not a morning person; Hard time hiding moods & feelings.
- Quarters: You can find Blaidd in Room 8 on Deck 4. He has turned part of his quarters into a basic gymn, despite him also being a regular in the ship's facilities. The large number of mirrors on various surfaces and the furs lining up furniture, walls and the floor are most noticeable. For a more in-detail tour see: Blaidd Vescori's Quarters
- Favorite Drink: Alcoholic: Doppelbock (strong lager of German origin); Non-alcoholic: Caramel milkshake
- Favorite Food: Steak, Hickory smoked beef & pork ribs, Home-made burgers
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Raised Roman Catholic, today a follower of Therianity.
- Ambitions and Goals: See the galaxy; Find peace within; Reunite with a family member.
- Temperament: Sanguine(Extrovert).
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Spheksophobia.
Blaidd's current CO
Oddas Aria is the current Captain of the USS Eagle and Blaidd's first CO outside of the acedemy. So far, Blaidd's interactions with her have been strictly business. Beyond that he only knows that she loves her coffee and seems to have friends in high places, because it can't be easy to get away with being married to the Security Chief on your own vessel. Not that Blaidd would mind if Starfleet in general was to ease up on regulations. She used to be a greasemonkey in engineering from what Blaidd has heard and it looks like she volunteered the Eagle to be the test bed for one of her pet projects.
XO, Superior Officer
Randal Shayne is the newly appointed First Officer onboard the USS Eagle. He replaced Delan Han, who was called back home right after their visit to Lightside Station. Blaidd was sad to see Delan Han go, because while they hardly knew each other, first impressions led him to believe that they could have turned into good friends. Randal Shayne on the other hand is a bit of a wild card to him. Previously the man seemed always busy tucked away in engineering. Blaidd hopes to get to know Shayne better, but so far Shayne was rather busy tending to a number of new recruits they picked up recently.
Irina Pavlova is the Chief of Security on the USS Eagle and thus Blaidd's direct superior. Blaidd has the highest respect for her almost inhuman abilities and the vast combat experience she brings to the table. She is not easy to work with, used to getting things her way or no way at all. However, despite a sometimes rough front she does care a lot about her fellow security officers and doing things 'right' rather than 'by the book'. Blaidd can appreciate that. It also helps that she knows how to unwind and have fun when off duty.
Shipmate, budding friend
R'rraww Hontrú is fresh from the academy and now serves as a Tactical Officer aboard the USS Eagle. Blaidd enjoys being able to show the outgoing Caitian the ropes as he settles into his new life. They share a common interest in sports, martial arts in particular. Among the two of them, R'rraww goes by the nickname Tiger, while the Caitian calls Blaidd Wolf or Spirit Wolf.
Current physician, budding friend
Shar'Wyn Foster rules the medical complex on the USS Eagle as Chief Medical Officer. Blaidd learned that he can be all bark and snark, but has a much softer personality underneath. He is curious if he can coax the doctor a little more out of his shell. For now, running seems to be their common ground. Foster seems to be good friends or perhaps more with Prudence Blackwell, another crewmember.
Shipmate, budding friend
While their number is rising in recent years, sentient, self-aware holograms are still a rare find as part of one's crew. Mark Two works as a medic in sickbay on the USS Eagle. Doc Foster pretty much acts as his adoptive father and perhaps one day Blaidd has to strangle him for the bad pun that is Mark's name. Then again, maybe Shar'Wyn meant it as a placeholder until his foster-son had time to grow into a person of his own. Blaidd is rather curious about the progress on that front. He is trying to befriend Mark and encourage him to pursue venues outside of his original programming.
Blaidd was long overdue and an unusually tall and heavy baby at birth. He was the second son of Adrian and Jessica Vescori, a German couple living on planet Earth. Early on his father recognized that his boy had quite the strong urge to move and engage in physical activities and that he needed constructive ways to release all the pent-up energy. He took a lot of time to put Blaidd through a variety of sport activities. Swimming proved to be particularly effective and it comes as no surprise that Blaidd learned to swim and dive while some of his peers were still not steady walking on two legs. Water sports would remain his passion until he discovered weight training and bodybuilding during his teens.
Blaidd was a promising student by virtue of his abilities, though it was difficult to get the boy to truly commit or get involved with something, as he was much more prone to follow his instincts and spontaneous whims. His marks reflected that. Within his classes and on the schoolyard, he was naturally driven to be a leader, rather than a follower, encouraging others to submit to his leadership. Sometimes these school power struggles could get aggressive, physical even. Though it quickly became apparent that he had a tendency to champion weaker members of the class community, shielding them from being bullied or left out.
At the time he started to attend secondary school, sports, already a significant pillar in his life, pretty much took over the central role. Blaidd became member of various school teams and relished in being able to playfully compete with others. Initially he took on bodybuilding to gain further advantage in the team sports. Soon it turned the other way around: All those sports were merely part of a wide spread fitness program with the aim of helping him archive his bodybuilding goals. Blaidd enjoyed some popularity among his peers and had many cursory acquaintances, though he was much more selective with those he considered actually being among his circle of friends. Close friends remained a one digit number.
Shortly after moving to secondary school, Blaidd also realized feeling attracted to his own gender. He was able to come to terms with it quickly, most likely because his older brother had his own coming out not too long before. He is supported by his family, though that includes his mom pestering him about her wish for grandchildren, because according to her in this day and age there a plenty of ways for two dads to raise their very own bundle of joy.
Immediately after his 18th birthday Blaidd applied to Starfleet and was accepted the following autumn at the academy.
When asked about the reasons for his decision, he stated that he was hungry for adventure. His parents never travelled much and their family business (dealing with agriculture and forestry) had them pretty much tied to their respective lands, so he figured he needed to catch up on something in that regard. In addition, he is quite aware of the strength and energy he possesses and has high hopes that the role of security officer is among the best possible ways to direct these on the right track. In the following four years of study he gained some knowledge in the fields of computer and communication engineering, logistics, security management, sociology, linguistics and systems engineering. Electives often ended up being used for his sporting ambitions: He passed exams on weight lifting, wrestling and swordplay.
|'Ordering' History (USS Eagle)|
The Cardassian Democratic Union has asked the Federation for assistance in retrieving an ancient artifact on Edrov VII. The USS Eagle Has been sent to aid in the recovery.
Blaidd had barely been on board the Eagle for a minute when he was already whisked away to the bridge. Forgoing all but the most brief of introductions, and postponing a tour of the ship and being assigned his quarters, he soon enough found himself manning the security station on the bridge, in the middle of a standoff with some over-eager Cardassians, juggling multiple goals, such as obtaining an artifact, rescuing their away team and preventing potentially dangerous tech from falling into the wrong hands.
Things didn't exactly go according to plan. It sure wasn't Blaidd's idea of a perfect first day to find himself tossed over a hundred years into the past by some chroniton energy wave. Well, at least the adventure log is going to start with a bang. Thanks to a capable science crew, the Eagle made it's way back to the future. Blaidd is firm in his belief that timetravel is not on his list of things he wants to experience again.
|Cleanliness Protocol (USS Eagle)|
The USS Eagle responds to a distress signal from a freighter carrying passengers.
What started out as a simple coordination exercise between members of medical and security, as they tended to a large number of wounded refugees on the Eagle, quickly escalated into something else entirely: Right in front of Blaidd their patients got abducted, whisked away by superior transporter technology. In the aftermath they learned that not only the refugees, but three members of the crew, the captain among them, got taken. Eagle quickly gave a chase, tracking the signal back to a planet that was home to 'The People', who celebrated their 'wholesomeness'.
New XO Shayne tried negotiation, but when the crew learned that Captain Oddas and the others had been slated for being processed into Soylent Green, it was time for action. As part of an assault & rescue team led by Irina Pavlova, he boarded a shuttle and violently faught his way onto a space port holding the prisoners. They managed to reach the prisoners and set them free, destroying the 'meat processing plant' in the process. Despite a crazy lady in charge of the station's defenses, they made their way back to the shuttle and were able to return to Eagle after a combined effort of shuttle and ship left the drone/probe defense forces temporarly offline. Blaidd would consider the mission a success, but the victory was bittersweet, as crewmember Byrd died in the line of duty.
|Holy Orders (USS Eagle)|
While testing an experimental new warp drive, the USS Eagle encounters a group of beings unlike anything in the known universe. Meanwhile Blaidd drew the short end of the stick and got Kindergarten Cop duty, taking care of a pre-teen stowaway that Security Chief Pavlova found.
|Cadet, 4th Class||239201.02 - 239601.27||Starfleet Academy, San Francisco (Earth)||Student|
|Cadet, 3rd Class|
|Cadet, 2nd Class|
|Cadet, 1st Class|
|Ensign||239601.28 - 239605.27||USS Eagle||Security Officer|
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239605.27 - Present|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Eagle Crew Manifest · Crew History