|Birthplace||New Tokyo, Mars|
Lieutenant JG Chloe Waters is currently serving as helmsman aboard the USS Eagle.
- Full Name: Chloe Marie Waters
- Species: Human
- Date of Birth: 237308.14
- Gender: Female
- Sexual Orientation: Bicurious. (Inexperienced)
- Height: 4' 8"
- Weight: 85 lbs.
- Hair: Red. Falls down to her ears at the front of her head. Towards the back, it grows longer. Chloe wears it in a high ponytail that sways back and forth lazily as she walks.
- Eye Color: Ocean Blue
- Skin Tone:
- Birthmarks, Scars:
- Build: Her head rests upon a wide, rounded neck which slopes to meet her upper body. Her chest isn't much to look at. It's small, just like the rest of her frame and leads one's gaze to a narrowing figure before her hips widen out once more.
- Face: Chloe's nose is a tiny, button-looking thing, resting about a finger's width above a pair of dark red lips which seem to be molded into an almost permanently neutral expression. The cheeks of this woman's heart-shaped face are lightly freckled, with tiny pinchable dimples appearing in the center of each cheek when, and if, she smiles.
- Eyes: Framed by thin, trimmed eyebrows which travel from the outer corners of her eyes to connect just above the bridge of her nose. Chloe's eyes stare out at the world with a quiet gaze.
- Arms: Chloe's thin, long arms connect to her body, thin shoulders the means by which they remain attached to her.
- Hands: Her hands are smooth with long fingers and unpainted or undecorated well-kept nails.
- Legs: Chloe's legs themselves are kept free of any hair as they travel downwards, narrowing ever so slightly until they meet her small feet.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty):
- Voice: Mute. Uses a specialized translator to convert her thoughts into speech (see below).
- Handedness: right handed
- Favorite Room:
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Having nothing important or work related to occupy her time with
- Intrusive individuals
- Receiving public attention
- Being treated like a curiosity rather than a person
- Ambitions and Goals: Growing up, Chloe had always heard myths and stories about the Iconians. She signed up for Starfleet in the hopes that through her explorations, she might discover the locations of one of the treasure houses of technology that are rumored to still be out there somewhere. She hopes that she might be able to put some of that technology and data to use so that she may finally sound like a real person, not just a computer.
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Temperament: Elusive
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Chloe is perfectly healthy mentally, however, there are a few things to note. She has self-imposed isolation on herself since early childhood. While she has watched people interact with one another, she only engages with a select group of people. This comes from her dislike of the condition that has made her rely on her translator. This does not impact her professional life. She is capable of communicating well while on duty but prefers to be alone otherwise.
- Physical Limitations: Chloe is perfectly healthy thanks to her love of running. The only thing to note is a rare condition by which her brain is unable to send signals to her vocal cords, thus preventing her from making any kind of sound whatsoever. She does not like to discuss this condition as it is the thing she hates most about herself and will avoid doing so whenever possible.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Tiberius Waters
- Mother: Helen Waters
- Siblings: None
Quiet and secretive with those she doesn't know, Chloe is the type of person who, in a personal setting, will often try to observe a person for a while before deciding if she should interact with them or not. While she may lack for a social life, she makes up for with dedication to her work or other secret interests. While not on duty, Chloe can usually be found completing tasks that need doing anyway, such as running or painting.
Due to social isolation and the fact her translator cannot convey tone, she can sometimes be perceived as socially awkward or demanding. The one thing she hates more than anything is the part of herself that cannot be expressed. She hates that she can't talk, but what Chloe hates more than that is the fact that her translator seems to be good at conveying words, but horrible at conveying the feeling behind them.
Chloe was born to Tiberius and Helen Waters on August 14, 2373, in the city of New Tokyo on Mars. Although she seemed to be a normal baby girl, her parents quickly suspected that something was wrong due to the fact that she never, ever made a vocalization of any kind. So over the course of a few years, they consulted with countless medical professionals. What they discovered was a rare type of brain defect which prevented Chloe from using her vocal cords at all. The only option available was to implant a neural translator under her skin, which would convert her thoughts to speech.
This posed an interesting challenge for Chloe. As a young girl, she lacked the mental capacity to control the unit, the things she wanted it to say vs the things she didn't. As such, her parents enlisted the help of a Vulcan woman named Trel to teach her how to better control her thoughts. This education continued for the first few years of her schooling. Although her teachers and other student's parents were understanding and kind to her, her peers were not. They mocked her. They imitated her. In the end, very few students showed any friendly interest in Chloe, so she gradually stopped trying to socialize with the other children. Chloe's parents, her teachers, even other adults tried to get her to socialize. Although they were successful to some extent, it soon became clear she was only doing so when it was expected of her.
Over the years, Chloe had begun to develop several interests of her own, primarily painting and reading. She spent most of her time reading stories about rumored lost civilizations, in particular, the Iconians.
By the time she had entered high school, Chloe was still relatively socially inexperienced. Although she had developed feelings for a few people over the years of her high school life and had tried to bring herself out of her self-imposed social isolation, she was never able to take those relationships anywhere. Her grades, however, were always excellent. After graduating high school she elected to sign up for Starfleet Academy in the hopes of one day uncovering any Iconian secrets which may help her in her literal quest to find her own voice.
After joining the academy at eighteen years of age, Chloe isolated herself and threw herself utterly and completely into her studies, her projects. She always felt she worked better alone, without having to deal with others wondering about her translator. It wasn't something she liked to talk about unless she had to.
Acquired on Stardate 239509.04, Chloe's golden retriever serves several functions. The two-year-old dog acts as a personal protector, warning Chloe of possible dangers, and if necessary, defending Chloe by whatever means she is able. In addition, Mandy acts as a sort of emotional lean to help Chloe deal with other people. This is why off duty the dog is almost always with her.
- None yet!
Notable Personal Effects:
- Small art kit
- Changes of uniform
- Personal PADD's containing all the information about the Iconians she has collected over the years
- Small holographic disks of family
- What is it?: The device is a subdermal implant which acts as a speaker, providing Chloe a means of producing some equivalent of speech.
- Where is it?: The device is implanted inside Chloe's upper lip, positioned between her mouth and the center of her nose.
- How does it work?: Before it was installed, the implant was specifically calibrated to Chloe's brainwave patterns, meaning that it cannot be removed and implanted in another individual without the calibrations being redone. The device taps into her most conscious, strongest thoughts and vocalizes them instantly. However, as it is accessing thoughts it will announce EVERYTHING a person thinks. This means that to use it effectively, an individual must learn to control their most conscious thoughts. To carefully bring the ones they want to be communicated to the surface, and keep the ones they don't pushed back.
- What is the upshot?: The upshot is that it allows Chloe to... speak, almost as another person might.
- What is the downside?: The downside is that the translator unit has NO capacity to express itself. The device operates off a synthetic female voice, which is completely monotonic in nature. It is only expressive enough that an individual can tell the difference between a statement and a question. It is similar to the voice utilized by many Xindi-Aquatics.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239601.12
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Current Assignment: USS Eagle
- Duty Post: Helmsman
Starfleet Mission Logs
- Full Article: Water's Professional History
Awards & Commendations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|Starfleet Service Record
|'Ordering' History (USS Eagle)|
The Cardassian Democratic Union has asked the Federation for assistance in retrieving an ancient artifact on Edrov VII. The USS Eagle Has been sent to aid in the recovery.
INSERT YOUR COMMENTARY HERE
|Cleanliness Protocol (USS Eagle)|
The USS Eagle responds to a distress signal from a freighter carrying passengers.
INSERT YOUR COMMENTARY HERE
|Holy Orders (USS Eagle)|
During a test of the Warp XV drive, the Eagle finds itself in another universe, facing an unknown alien race in an unfamiliar setting
INSERT YOUR COMMENTARY HERE
|The Hidden Missionaries (USS Eagle)|
Shortly after an awards ceremony at The Spike, explosions shook the station, launching the crew of the USS Eagle into an investigation as to the source of the explosions.
INSERT YOUR COMMENTARY HERE
- 232001.01: Event.
- 232001.02: Event, etc.