Atlantis Crew Guidelines
Atlantis has a crew of 160 (60 officers and 100 enlisted). Civilians must be approved by the commanding officer.
The 60 officers aboard the Atlantis represent roughly a third of the ship's total complement. To become an officer, these individuals have either graduated Starfleet Academy or earned their commission through the Officer Candidate School after having attained their education in their field elsewhere.
Officers assume leadership roles within their departments and are responsible for training and supervising both junior officers and the enlisted personnel under their command.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Officer for more information about officers and officer ranks.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Marines for more information about Marine ranks.
The 100 enlisted personnel aboard Atlantis make up the majority of the ship's crew and are distributed across the ship's departments in various technical specialties and duty posts distinct from officers. For instance, medics and lab technicians are enlisted personnel whereas physicians, nurses, and scientists are commissioned officers (see officer duty posts above). All enlisted personnel are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Enlisted for more information about enlisted personnel and enlisted ranks.
Non-Starfleet personnel, Civilians, and Guests
Atlantis offers modest short-term guest accommodations. Along with room for a few civilians at the Captain's discretion.
Non-Starfleet personnel such as those from other Federation agencies (Federation Security, Federation Diplomatic Corps, etc.) are occasionally attached to the ship on special assignments.
Civilians are not normally carried aboard unless approved by the commanding officer as space and amenities are limited.
- Interested in simming for a civilian or non-Starfleet character? Contact the command staff to discuss your idea for a character!
Starfleet officers aboard Atlantis wear uniforms displaying the color of their division:
- Red: Command Division - CO, XO, Diplomacy, Helm (Flight Control), Administrative duties
- Gold: Operations Division - Operations Management, Engineering, Security/Tactical
- Teal: Sciences Division - Science, Medical, Counseling
- Black: Intelligence Division - Intelligence Officers, Aides
- Green: Atlantis Marine Squad - Marine Officers
The combadge incorporates Starfleet's current insignia.
Duty Shift Rotation
3 Shift Rotation
- Day (Alpha) Shift: 0700-1500 hours
- Swing (Beta) Shift: 1500-2300 hours
- Night (Gamma) Shift: 2300-0700 hours
Officer duty shift staffing varies according to departmental needs as assigned by the department chiefs.
The typical number of enlisted personnel from a particular duty post during a shift is listed after each enlisted post in parentheses: (Day/Swing/Night).
- Example: 3 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/1/0)
- 3 total library aides on board with 2 on duty during Day Shift, 1 on duty during Swing Shift, and 0 on duty during Night Shift.
- Shift schedule rotates bi-weekly.
- All off-duty personnel are on standby during Yellow Alert.
- All off-duty personnel report to their stations during Red
|NPC Listing · USS Atlantis Crew Manifest · Crew History