|Crew of the USS Gorkon|
|Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo|
Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo is currently serving as Chief Science Officer and Second Officer aboard the U.S.S. Gorkon.
- 1 Personal Profile
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 History
- 5 Previous Hosts
- 6 Holophoto Album
- Full Name: Ayiana Sevo (pre-Join: Yorval)
- Species: Trill
- Ayiana Yorval: 27
- Sevo: 209
- Place of birth: Najana City, Trill
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic Status: None.
- Except for a unique link with Talia Kaji.
- Serial Number: TR-371-928
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 140 lbs.
- Build: Average. Not very fit, but tries to keep her figure.
- Physical Limitations: Average strength for trilliod female her age.
- Hair Color: Red
- Length of Hair: As of 239309.07: Shaved bald due to surgery. It has currently regrown to roughly her ears.
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Fair, lots of freckles. Light brown characteristic Trill spots running down the sides of her face and body.
- Face: Particularly excited when talking Science. There is a modest dusting of freckles on her face, especially over her nose, but they are often dulled or covered up under makeup.
- Mouth: Doesn't smile too often, mostly out of shyness. Smirks a lot at funny things her colleagues say.
- Arms: Heavy freckling along her arms. Fingers are long and nimble. Usually wears red nail polish.
- Carriage: Relaxed most of the time; tends to hunch over with shyness amid social gatherings and bigwigs.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Unconsciously sticks out her tongue sometimes when concentrating on work.
- Often unconsciously plays with her hair when thinking or bored.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Tank tops, t-shirts, shorts or skirts. Prefers the colors red and black.
- Shoes (When Off Duty): Hates high-heels with a passion. Off duty she prefers to be barefoot or sneakers.
- Handedness: Right
- Voice: Sounds similar to Earth Caucasian.
Ayiana's passion is science. She has always wondered how the world works. As a child, she would spend nights looking up at the stars. She can normally be found with her face buried in a PADD or book. Ayiana is particularly gifted in pattern recognition and attention to detail. Some of her ideas and theories are pretty ambitions, such as her work on improving her primary passion: Quantum Slipstream Drive. Fortunately, all the ships Ayiana has served on has had QSD installed, usually for the first time. Her dream is to one day command or serve on a Vesta-class starship.
She is introverted, shy and nervous, mostly in large groups. Ayiana has never liked social gatherings, preferring to spend her free time alone; usually reading a book or working on theories. When Ayiana has her mind on science, she can get pretty eccentric to the point of being oblivious to the otherwise obvious around her. While normally a shy talker, Ayiana opens up and speaks "technobabble" once she talks about a subject she likes.
At first, Ayiana was very reluctant to be in any sort of leadership position; mostly because of her shyness. Events quickly placed her in command of the science department on board the U.S.S. Victory. She was forced to learn to show strength and leadership quickly. For the most part, she lets her department do what they like, so long as it does not interfere with the current mission. After several months as department head, Ayiana has become comfortable in the role, but she still does not like to give orders. During the Gorkon's "Year of Hell," Ayiana was given bridge command duty. At first, she was intimidated and nervous, but over time, she became used to it; partly out of the necessity in the Gorkon's desperate situation.
Her most problematic issue is her claustrophobia; a rather unique case. Ayiana did not grow up with it, but instead acquired the fear of close spaces after being Joined with the symbiont, Sevo. For a couple of years, she didn't know why, until one mission early into her Starfleet career on board the Victory caused Ayiana to fall into a coma. With the help of Lt. Talia Kaji, Ayiana discovered that her claustrophobia originated with the symbiont Sevo. It had a traumatic pre-joined spawning period where it acquired the fear. It subsequently passed its claustrophobia on to its hosts, although Ayiana is the only one it has affected so drastically.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Academia: Ayiana is a fervent scientist; often reading up on the latest science journals and magazines.
- Tech Enthusiast: She also is a hobbyist tech enthusiast; but no where near as knowledgeable as a professional engineer. Ayiana has a tricorder she has used since her early days at Starfleet Academy. Ayiana is always modifying and upgrading its hardware and software. It is probably better than the newest standard-issue tricorders today.
- Reading: When not reading work-related material, Ayiana enjoys reading novels, particularly science fiction and fantasy.
- Music: Sevo's first host, Lizara, was a professional concert pianist. Ayiana acquired the memories of Lizara upon Joining, but quickly discovered that having a skill and using a skill are two different things.
- Swimming: Living in a coastal city, Ayiana gained an appreciation for the beach at an early age. She would often swim in the ocean, and subsequently at school. She also joined the Trill Campus of Starfleet Academy swim team, winning a few awards and medals during her time. Ayiana is most notably accomplished in the 400- and 800-meter swim lengths. After Joining, she gained increased agility and endurance, necessitating her reassignment to the Joined Women's Division.
Ambitions and Goals
Ayiana was never particularly ambitious, but circumstances very early in her Starfleet career quickly rocketed her up the ranks. Within half a year upon being posted to her first assignment, the U.S.S. Victory, Ayiana was a Lieutenant and Chief of the Science Department. At first, Ayiana was reluctant, and pretty overwhelmed, with the prospect of running an entire department. However she eventually became satisfied with the position. She has not ruled out the possibility of command one day. In fact, her dream is to one day command a Vesta-class starship.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Without a doubt, Ayiana's most important accomplishment was Joining. It is an incredibly difficult and arduous path to be chosen, and almost all applicants fail or drop out. While she thought the Joining would be completely beneficial to her, Ayiana eventually discovered that there was a lot more to being Joined than simply gaining memories of past lives. She also acquired the positive and negative aspects of each prior hosts' personalities; from gaining the ability to understand music, to a fear of claustrophobia. It is important to note that this last trait was given to Ayiana not from a previous host, but from the symbiont Sevo itself. It became claustrophobic (or acquired the symbiont-equivalent trait) before it was first Joined. The trait was slightly expressed in subsequent hosts, but claustrophobia did not become overwhelmingly prevalent until it manifested in Ayiana.
Being a bookworm and knowledge geek, Ayiana was thrilled to finally get her Starfleet diploma in multiple disciplines - namely Physics, specializing in Quantum Mechanics and Subspace Mechanics. She also received a minor in Astronomy.
Ayiana is particularly proud of her swimming skills, as it is a skill wholly her own, and not gifted by the Joining. During Starfleet Academy on Trill, Ayiana placed in the top five for the 400- and 800-meter laps, as well as being adept at diving.
Ayiana's first quarters on board the Victory were small and sparse. She retained her small Ensign quarters throughout her short time aboard, and never had the opportunity to personalize it.
Her quarters on board the Gorkon were larger, more furnished, and more personalized. She had a small statue of the ancient Trill goddess of knowledge and wisdom; not out of religion, but more as a reminder of her scientific obligations. Ayiana also purchased a small keyboard, which she placed in her bedroom. Her work desk was the most personalized. Above it held a large photo of the planet Trill. On the left wall hung a metal sculpture of the Trill logo, Ayiana's Academy diploma, and official Starfleet photographs of Jadzia Dax and Ezri Dax. Dax - particularly Jadzia - had been idols of Ayiana since she was a child. She kept the photos by her desk to often remind herself what Jadzia would do in her situation.
- Full Article: Relationships
Ayiana is quite introverted, and doesn't socialize very often, except for official ship functions. When she does partake in public places, she tends to keep to herself. She has never had any romantic relationships, except for a very brief one with Cadfael Peters aboard the Victory. However there have been a few people who have managed to break through her shields and form friendships with Ayiana; or at the very least gained her respect.
- Marital Status: Single
- Ayiana Yorval:
- Father: Nizo Yorval
- Mother: Jana Yorval
- Siblings: Aleesia Yorval
- Sevo: Unknown Annuated Symbiont Progenitor
- Ayiana Yorval:
Ayiana was raised in the standard Trill setting. She had two loving parents and a younger sister, Aleesia. She would often spend her time on the beach or visiting museums and libraries. In fact, it was her parents' encouragement that led Ayiana to the sciences.
At first, she had no desire to be Joined, but was eventually persuaded to apply early in her Starfleet Academy career. Normally, this was too late to catch up on the work required, but Ayiana had always been an intelligent and studious child, so her grades and accomplishments were nearly on par with the Symbiosis Commission's entry requirements.
- Full Article: Starfleet Records
Following her childhood schooling, Ayiana was a particularly spirited student. She excelled in the sciences, as that had been her fascination since childhood. One exception was Biology. She just didn't like it; all that squishy stuff. Ayiana also excelled in math and technological disciplines such as computers and basic engineering. Her pitfalls included subjects such as Federation Law, History, and combat. Ayiana took more than the minimum four years to graduate, as she studied dual specializations in Quantum Mechanics and Subspace Mechanics, necessitating an increased course load. She eventually graduated within the top third of her class.
After a post-graduation summer cruise aboard a training vessel, Ayiana was assigned to the fleet based out of Starbase 118. Her first assignment was to the Intrepid-class U.S.S. Victory. She was thrown into the middle of a vicious struggle for the galaxy. After several months and the sudden departure of the ship's Chief Science Officer, Ayiana found herself as a Lieutenant in charge of the department.
She continues that role on the much larger Sovereign-class U.S.S. Gorkon. Ayiana is finding it difficult to keep up with the increased supervisory load of the Gorkon's science department, as it is over three times larger than the Victory's; one which Ayiana was struggling to maintain as well.
Decorations & Commendations
- Full Article: Decorations and Commendations
Much to her surprise, Ayiana has acquired an impressive array of awards and commendations in her short time in service. They range from a Purple Heart, to several Lifesaving Ribbons, and an Innovation Ribbon.
The first host of Sevo, Lizara was a petite woman with purple hair. She was an exceptional concert pianist, and traveled all over Trill performing concerts, and sometimes playing with orchestras. Ayiana retains Lizara's pianist skills through Sevo, and still occasionally plays the piano in private.
Sevo's second host was a male Trill named Camen. He was a highly-skilled chef who ran a chain of five-star restaurants.
Ayiana's third host was a chemist. She specialized in Material Chemistry, mostly developing new metamaterials and nanoparticles. Ayiana utilized Vereesa's knowledge of different materials to start a fire. She died in 2365 of old age.
Toran - The Forgotten Host
A huge shock came to Ayiana in 2393 with the realization that she had a prior host in between Vereesa and Ayiana. Toran had fought as a foot soldier in the Dominion War, but suffered with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder for the rest of his life. He eventually died in 2388, with Sevo being implanted in Ayiana. Most of Sevo's memories of Toran are still buried, so it is currently unknown how or why Sevo had suppressed the memory of him. Sevo's mind created false memories and distorted timescales, making Ayiana think Vereesa had died in 2388, when in fact she had died 23 years prior. Ayiana even remembers the implantation procedure, seeing Vereesa on the table across from her. She is currently at a loss to explain this false memory.
One of Toran's postings was at AR-558, after Captain Benjamin Sisko ordered replacement troops to relieve the weary and shattered troops stationed there. He remained there until the Federation was forced to pull out when the Breen and their devastating energy-draining weapon entered the war, and the Dominion retook the planetoid.
- Full Article: Toran Sevo (Alternate)
A few days after being trapped in an alternate universe, Ayiana met that universe's version of Toran. He had not died as he did in Ayiana's universe, but instead had survived aboard various starships after the fall of the Federation to the Dominion. After its destruction, the Triumphant's crew were rescued by the Gorkon. It was then that Ayiana met her other self. To see the face of a former life was shocking, to say the least. After explaining herself to Toran, and discussing what happened to him in Ayiana's universe, the two slowly struck up a loose friendship. During the climactic battle to return home, Ayiana was gravely injured by boarding Jem'hadar. Toran had come to her rescue and managed to patch her up long enough to receive medical help. After returning to her universe, Toran decided to temporarily retire from Starfleet and return to Trill.
- Notable Sims:
Ayiana Sevo dressed in Victorian garb for a party.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History