Xanti Ilas Ysa Liss
|Xanti Ilas Ysa Liss|
|Rank||Petty Officer Second Class|
Petty Officer, Second Class Xanti Ilas Ysa Liss is currently serving as an Engineering Technician aboard the USS Gorkon. His specialty is Warp Field Theory.
- Full Name: Xanti Ilas Ysa Liss
- Race: Pahkwa-thanh
- Date of Birth: 232311.24
- Place of Birth: Duhpwa-thuv
- Age: 72
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6'9"
- Weight: 450 lbs.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Scale Color: Mottled mix of light brown and dark green. His ethnicity adapted to jungle hunting, so the colors help him blend into surrounding flora.
- Build: Heavily muscled, but average for his species. His jaw and tail are particularly powerful.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): In public, he usually wears a robe-type clothing due to mammalian insistence of modesty. Clothless in private.
- Shoes: None. Clawed, three-toed feet. Greater toughness and thickness of skin/scales on soles of feet.
- Voice: Can speak Federation Standard, but tends to speak with a lisp, elongating "th" and "s."
- Handedness: Right
Personality & Manners
- When thinking, he often raises his head in the air.
- Often tastes the air with his tongue to "smell" the environment when bored or deep in thought, or just in a new environment.
- He also "tastes" the air to diagnose mechanical problems, as his tongue is incredibly sensitive. Examples include smelling burned circuitry, melted duranium, and the lingering odor of blood from a crewman's injury.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion:
- Pahkwa-thanh believe that all living things are sentient, whether they are animals or people. The difference is that they see animals and themselves as within the Circle of Life. They do not hunt other sapient beings as sapient life forms (aliens) do consider themselves outside the Circle of Life.
- They revere the spirits of their prey.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Likes to read tech manuals and tech magazines.
- Dislikes: Small spaces. Not claustrophobic, but his large size often makes it difficult to work in standard Federation environments. Everything feels small and cramped to him.
- This also makes his job in Engineering more difficult as he cannot crawl through a ship's maintenance tubes like a humanoid; except on the rare ships where newer, larger maintenance tunnels are used.
- Ambitions and Goals:
- Temperament: Gentle, honorable, kind. "Gentle Giant" is a common euphemism to describe Pahkwa-thanhs.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias):
- Physical Limitations: Great strength compared to humanoids. Powerful leg muscles allow him to run surprisingly fast. His tail can be used as a club, and his jaw can crush bone with ease. Ironically, he is considered smaller and weaker than Alpha and Beta male Pahkwa-thanhs. This makes it difficult for Xanti to attract a mate.
- Marital Status: Single
- Clutch: Liss
- Father: Ilas
- Mother: Ysa
- Siblings: Many full and half siblings, fathered and mothered by different parents, but all interrelated in the Liss Clutch.
Life Before Starfleet
Worked as an engineer on ships in the Pahkwa-thanh Space Navy before Duhpwa-thuv joined the Federation.
- 232311.24: Born into a relatively small clutch, along with several hatchmates.
Keeps in contact with various members of his Clutch. Xanti was recently honored to visit the Pahkwa-thanh Councilor to the Federation, Tsana Yith Syno Dak, and her granddaughter Ilana Vero Tana Dak.
- Current Rank: Petty Officer Second Class
- Current Assignment: USS Gorkon
- Duty Post: Engineering Technician
Xanti only attended Starfleet Academy for enlistment, learning what he needed for Engineering. The Pahkwa-thanh Councilor to the Federation urged Xanti to complete the full Officer curriculum. It would take a couple of years, but Xanti is considering it.
Xanti worked as an engineer in the Pahkwa-thanh Space Navy for over 40 years before Duhpwa-thuv joined the Federation. He then attended Starfleet Academy for a few months to undergo Enlistment training before immediately being assigned to the U.S.S. Victory. He was soon transferred to the U.S.S. Gorkon along with much of the Victory crew.
- c. 239201.01: Completed Enlistment training in Engineering at Starfleet Academy
- 239201.15: Assigned to the USS Victory as an Engineering technician.
|Petty Officer Second Class||239201.15||USS Victory||Engineering Technician|
|Petty Officer Second Class||239207.27||USS Gorkon||Engineering Technician|
Xanti was born to the small jungle Liss Clutch. He was raised in a standard setting; learned to hunt at a very early age. Upon adulthood, Xanti served in the Pahkwa-thanh Space Navy for over 40 years before attending Starfleet Academy.