Ensign Jackson Thomas is currently assigned as Engineering Officer to USS Challenger-A.
|JACKSON THOMAS – Engineering Officer|
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 168 lbs.
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short but style-able
- Eye Color: Green
- Skin Tone: A little pale
- Birthmarks, Scars: Large scar on right knee from childhood accident
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: One tattoo on upper right arm, depicts a skull with old-style wrench and hammer crossing underneath
- Build: Broad-shouldered, stocky
- Face: Round, with a strong jawline, but not square
- Eyes: Set average distant apart, open narrowly, often confused for sleepy or angry
- Mouth: Average-looking, but an attractive smile
- Arms: Thick, solid
- Legs: Thick, solid
- Carriage: Walks with an unconscious swagger, broad shoulders tend to roll with steps
- Poses: Stands feet wide apart, establishes presence
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Dark colors, pants with many pockets, lightweight t-shirts, antique black leather jacket when weather permits
- Shoes: Simple, slip-on variety, black
- Voice: Cheerful, but strong, capable of a wide range of tones and inflections, can sound like anything from a lounge singer to a drill sergeant if needed
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: A little messy, posters from old sci-fi movies everywhere
- Favorite Room: Most at home in engineering
- Mannerisms: Tends to raise right eyebrow when pondering or posing a question, rather animated overall
- Physical Limitations: None specifically, though wishes he were taller
- Temperment: Good-natured and cheerful most of the time, can be a bit scary when angry, however
- Habits: Bites his nails, when they aren't packed with grease or other materials common to the engineering profession
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Non-denominational, Protestant-based Christianity; doesn't believe in organized religion, feels that spirituality is a personal endeavor
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Avid Reader
- Sci-fi Movies
- Enjoys playing the ancient sport of baseball
Likes and Dislikes
- Peace and quiet
- Solitary relaxation
- A "night out with the guys"
- Women with strong personalities
- Excessive noise (except the background hum of warp engines and general engineering ambiance)
- Arrogance (though he himself can be a bit cocky at times)
- People with no sense of humor
Ambitions and Goals
Like most young officers, dreams of one day commanding his own starship. Harbors a secret desire to experience the life of a Starfleet Marine. Longs to one day earn the coveted "miracle worker" status awarded to exceptional engineers
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Graduated in the top 25 of his class. Spent weeks attempting to find a way around the no-win scenario of the Kobayashi Maru simulation, disappointed that there was none other than to just face defeat with dignity and control
- Marital Status: Single
Father, Stephan, owns a small mechanic shop in rural Oklahoma not far from the town of Broken Bow. Known as a fair man and liked by most everyone he meets. Taught Jackson how to use tools and fix things, mostly small passenger vehicles. Originally hoped to one day pass the business on to his son, but smiled proudly, with a tear in his eye, when Jackson graduated Starfleet Academy.
Mother, Karyn, is a simple records clerk. A sweet woman, but with a firey temper which she passed on to Jackson - though he is slower to anger, when he does it can be scary. Karyn liked to cook in the traditional way and only used the replicator when she was tired. Her lasagna is famous in the tri-county area. Jack's favorite is his mother's homemade pizza.
Sister, Lara, is a musician and plays flute in the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra. Jack looks after her like any big brother would, and when together they share a sense of humor that few others comprehend. Jack admittedly cried on her wedding day, but managed to dry up long enough to threaten the groom with great bodily harm should he hurt his little sister. Lara loves Jackson completely and both wish they could spend more time together.
Jack grew up in his dad's mechanic shop in rural Oklahoma, not far from Broken Bow. He grew up hearing stories of how the historic crash-landing of a Klingon warrior sparked the first far-reaching voyage of a Starfleet vessel, and was hooked on the idea of space travel for life. He lived an average life, working with his dad, enjoying his mom's cooking and looking out for his little sister. After high school, he spent a couple of years helping run his dad's shop, but swiftly applied to Starfleet Academy when he realized that was where his heart truly was.
- 236204.20: Born at Oklahoma City General Hospital
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238605.24
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Challenger-A
- Duty Post: Engineering
Awards & Commendations
- The Order of StarFleet Merit and Achievement 1: N/A
StarFleet Assessments and Records
Jackson Thomas is a young officer, fresh out of the Academy. His instructors expect big things from him, but only time will tell. He performed quite admirably at the Academy, graduating with honors. He majored in engineering with a minor in armory sciences. He is classified as an expert marksman. He often struggled with a desire to join the SFMC, but ultimately decided to remain in the engineering program.
- 238209.02: Began studies at Starfleet Academy
- 238605.24: Graduated Starfleet Academy with a major in Engineering and a minor in Armory Sciences. Awarded Honors.
- 238605.26: Assigned to USS Challenger-A under Captain T'Pen
As an engineer, Jack works all over the ship, but can usually be found in main engineering when on-duty.
As an engineering officer, Jack oversees the daily duties of the enlisted engineering personnel, under the direction of the chief engineering officer.
|NPC Listing • Challenger-A Senior Staff • Crew History|
|CO: Cmdr. Tal Tel-ar |
FO: Lt. Cmdr. Jesse Lawn • Second Officer: (currently unassigned)
| CEO: (currently unassigned) • EO: Ens. Tobias Walker • EO: Ens. Deven Zell|
COO: (currently unassigned) • HO: Ens. Dero Goi
HCO: Ens. Thomas Huttle
| ACOS: Lt. Hannibal Parker • SO: Ens. Skyleena Blake |
ACTO: Lt. Hannibal Parker • TO: Ens. Virinth Dram
|Counsellor: Lt. (jg) Diego Herrera|