|StarBase 118 Ops|
|Birthplace||Leran Manev, Trillius Prime|
Ensign Clayas Vell is currently serving as a Science Officer aboard the StarBase 118 Ops.
- Height: 1.6 meters
- Weight: 68Kg
- Hair: Short Brown
- Eyes: Blue
- Build: Lean
- Skin Tone: Fair skin
- Birthmarks, Scars: lightly freckled on face
- Carriage: Tends to slouch when alone
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Simple and nondescript. This typically takes the form of trousers with a shirt and jacket in plain colors.
- Shoes: Flat footed dress shoes.
- Voice: Clear and Sharp
- Handedness: Right Handed
|StarBase 118 Ops|
Family and Other Relationships
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
Personality and Preferences
- Quarters: Minimalistic and kept clean
- Favorite Room: His Quarters due to the privacy it affords him. A throw back from his many years studying by himself on Trillius.
- Habits: Tends to talk fast when thinking aloud.
- Mannerisms: Is polite but doesn't encourage others to get close to him on a personal level.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- He has been working on his own computer operating system. If he ever finishes it he hopes to implement it aboard a shuttle.
- After his only field mission several months back, he has been spending a lot more time in the phaser range and gym then he did as a Cadet.
- Punctuality and Formality in his Star Fleet duties.
- To be challenged particularly when it comes to new encryption ciphers.
- People wasting his time.
- Ambitions and Goals:
- Achievements in Life:
- Graduating Star Fleet Academy.
- Disappointments in Life:
- Being rejected by the "Symbiosis Commission". While Clayas didn't receive any choice in this part of his life, he feels disappointed having worked so hard for no results.
- Temperament: Adaptive and not quick to anger.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Clayas has maintained a level of emotional detachment that he learned to foster as a young child in order to focus on his studies. Nowadays part of Clayas uses this detachment to keep people at a distance due to his work but mostly it is simply because of ingrained habits.
- Physical Limitations: Minor allergy to insect bites, as is common with all Trill.
Clayas Vell was born in Leran Manev of Trillius Prime. Clayas was an only child til he was ten years of age so he was pushed academically by his parents who intended Clayas to become a Joined Trill. Clayas's mother, in particular, was hard on him because her father was a Joined Trill. By the time that Clayas was twenty years of age, he received two degrees in the computer sciences field from the Trill Science Ministry. After years of grueling academic study, Clayas was rejected in the late stages of the host selection process with the cited reasons that it was believed that he didn't have enough to offer to a symbiont.
Clayas and his parents initially had a falling out over this rejection. This was partly the reason why Clayas joined Star Fleet but after a few tense months, the family made amends. Relations are still dicey.
When Clayas initially applied to Star Fleet Academy after his rejection by the Symbiosis Commission, he entered Star Fleet's engineering course. After spending many years studying the scientific aspects of computing Clayas wished to diversify his skills especially now that he wasn't restricted by his parents desires. Engineering also was a logical fit for him given his previous academic history. With that in mind, he didn't have any trouble passing the entrance exams and securing his place in Star Fleet Academy.
Weeks into his first semester at the Academy, Clayas was approached about changing courses. A Cadet Assessor felt that Clayas's time would be wasted in the engineering course and suggested that he would have a more fulfilling career in SFI. Clayas promptly switched to Intelligence major, minoring in Operations.
Towards the end of his time at the Academy and during his initial posting at Starbase 47, Clayas attempted to connect socially via a pen pal. Despite taking almost paranoiac precautions, as he had learned in the Academy, Clayas was contacted during his stay aboard SB51 by his pen pal. Intel acquired before the meet indicated that his pen pal turned out to be an agent of the Klingon Empire. Clayas was sent into the field to try to ascertain the agent's intentions and then aid in her arrest. While the Klingon Agent was able to flee successfully the agent did not get any further comprimising information from Clayas. Clayas has since halted any further pen pal activities and increased his self defense training should he be placed in a situation where those skill will be needed.
On 239112.31 Clayas was transferred from Starbase 47 to the USS Victory. Not long after arriving aboard the Intrepid class starship, he found himself in the middle of a combat situation where he took the helm of the ship. Mere hours after the resolution of that crisis Clayas received further orders from Star Fleet Command ordering him to travel to StarBase 118 Ops. According to the information that he received, he was to report for duty in the station's science department. While it did seem unusual, he didn't question the intentions of Star Fleet Command or SFI.
|Cadet 1st Class||239104.30||Graduated Starbase 118 Academy||Major: Intelligence
|Ensign||239104.30 - 239112.12||Starbase 47||Intelligence Officer|
|239112.14 - 239112.31||USS Victory|
|239112.31 - Present||StarBase 118 Ops||Science Officer|
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History