Ensign T'Rosa Blake is an operations officer aboard Amity Outpost.
- Full name: T'Rosa Blake a.k.a. Rosie
- Date of birth (Age): 2280; Chronological age 119; appears mid-30s in Human terms
- Place of Birth: Kir, Vulcan
- Species: Vulcan/Human hybrid
- Gender: Female
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Black
- Height: 5ft 6 inches
- The Vulcan pointed eartip and sharply-canted eyebrows are only slightly evident.
- She possesses the Vulcan third (inner) eyelid and the internal organs of the Vulcan physiology.
Personality & Traits
General Overview –
- Rosie is generally a by-the-book person who is as innocent as she looks. She does not lie; she does not know how to. She blushes easily at off-colour jokes (but they have to be explained to her before she understands that she should blush).
- She has a strong spiritual side, keeps a Vulcan meditation robe and a holocandle in her quarters, and regularly practises Vulcan meditation techniques.
- She has a British accent, learned from her Human father, and knows several languages.
- Unusually for someone of Vulcan descent, she smiles and laughs (a lot).
Strengths & Weaknesses
- Strengths -
- Rosie is fiercely loyal.
- She has a mischievous sense of humour. This does not extend to jokes of a carnal nature.
- She is honest and polite, punctual and reliable.
- She is not a touch-telepath and would be considered a “sensitive” i.e. she can effect a personal healing trance, achieve mild to moderate telepathic connections with colleagues, and stronger telepathic connections with family/friends only.
- Weaknesses –
- She is generally calm in demeanour, unless she is "on a roll" - when she is hugely energetic and most people find her a little over-the-top.
- When she is in this mood, she is also greatly amused by playing practical jokes on people (like the time she put itching powder in the robes of the usually-dignified Vulcan High Council).
- Sometimes her honesty can be viewed as inflexibility.
- Father: Jack Blake (human, still living): xenolinguistics expert. Handsome, with a sparkling sense of humour and plenty of wit.
- Mother: T’Vanna (Vulcan, recently deceased): Vulcan Shirkar Academy archivist. Very traditional. Quiet and intelligent
- Siblings: none
- Spouse: none. As a child, Rosie was betrothed per Vulcan custom. She has not seen her betrothed since she was 7, and does not wish to marry him. Wears single emerald stud earring in her left ear to indicate her chastity and unmarried state.
- Children: none
- Childhood/Youth: Born in 2280 in the ancient Vulcan city of Kir, T'Rosa spent her early years studying with the monks of the Temple of Kir, learning several languages and reading many books. As a young woman, she studied xenolinguistics at the Vulcan Science Academy. She graduated from the Vulcan Science Academy with the following degrees:
- Undergraduate: BA (Honours) Language Studies with Federation Standard and Klingonaase
- Minor: Classical Studies
- Advanced: Applied Linguistics
She served as the Academy’s librarian for fifteen years and translated several thousand pre-Reformation texts during this time.
She began referring to herself as ‘Rosie’, so as to make it easier for other species who found her name difficult to pronounce.
After the death of her mother, T'Rosa resigned from the VSA. Her father arranged a posting as Second Officer aboard IKS Anubis (Klingon Border Patrol), as a member of the Klingon High Council owed him a debt of honour. T'Rosa's father refused to tell her exactly what he did to get a High Council member in his debt, saying merely that it was 'a matter of honour'.
After another fifteen years, she left the Klingon ship and entered Starfleet Academy.
Hobbies & Interests
- Reading, especially about history/ancient civilisations
- Tracing ancestry
- Writing children’s books
- Not an aficionado of sports. Does not write holodeck programs/holonovels.
|NPC Listing · Amity Outpost Crew Manifest · Crew History