The study of battle strategy and methods of fighting.
Courses highlighted in bold green are Academy Core Courses.
- TAC101: Combat, Unarmed
- Methods of hand-to-hand combat.
- TAC110: Combat, Small Weapons
- Complete training in the use of hand phasers, phaser rifles, small (Federation issue) artillery, knives, and some other small weapons.
- TAC170: Combat, Introduction to Starship Combat
- An introductory course on the attack and defense patterns of Shuttles and Runabouts, as well as Minor and Major starships.
- TAC175: Combat, Phasers and Photon Torpedos
- Complete training in the use of Phasers and Photon Torpedos on Federation starships.
- TAC200: Combat, Martial Arts, Anbo-Jytsu and Federation Standard
- Full histories and practice of both methods of Martial Arts.
- TAC210: Combat, Marksmanship
- In depth training in the exact use of the hand phaser and phaser rifle.
- TAC220: Small Units
- Training in the mobilization of small units in combat situations.
- TAC230: Large Units
- Training in the mobilization of large units in combat situations.
- TAC250: Combat, Shuttles and Runabouts
- Course on the attack and defense patterns of shuttles and Runabouts.
- TAC260: Combat, Minor Starships
- Course on the attack and defense patterns used in small-scale starships < 1,000,000 tons.
- TAC270: Combat, Major Starships
- Course on the attack and defense patterns used in large-scale starships > 1,000,000 tons.
- TAC280: Combat, Non-Federation Starships
- Course on the attack and defense patterns used in most Major Species starships. Focuses on Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, and Dominion tactics. Includes Borg strategy.
- TAC300: Leadership
- Methods of garnering the support and respect of those in your service.
- TAC301: Strategy of Battle 1
- General strategy of battle, focusing on the history and background of battle tactics.
- TAC302: Strategy of Battle 2
- Strategy of battle, focusing on modern methods and ethics of war.