The study of the background, theory, assembly, repair, usage, and upkeep of the systems which control starships.
Undergraduate Majors and Minors
Introductory Engineering Courses
- ENG101: General Electronics
- Introduction to electronic components in both Federation and non-Federation systems.
- ENG111: Intermediate Electronics 1
- Continues where General Electronics left off by delving more in depth with Electronics in Federation systems, and provides a practical application for the knowledge in StarFleet. Covers Computer Systems, Transporters, Life Support Systems, and Shields.
- ENG112: Intermediate Electronics 2
- Continues where Intermediate Electronics 1 left off by covering Command Functions, Bio-Neural Components, and Programming.
- ENG121: Colossal Failures in Engineering
- A series of case studies regarding several major engineering disasters over the past centuries of space travel with particular focus on failures in management and effective communication.
- ENGSEM: (Specialty)
- Seminar on specific non-major equipment.
Advanced Engineering Course Listing
The Starfleet Corps of Engineers (SCE), also known as Starfleet Engineering or Starfleet Engineering Corps, is a Starfleet division that deals with specialized engineering problems.
The Corps' mission is to provide engineering services to Starfleet, including the following:
Planning, designing, building and operating civil engineering projects
Designing and managing the construction of military facilities for Starfleet
Providing design and construction management support for other defense and Federation agencies