The Advanced Starship Design Bureau (ASDB) is a project group working on building a new starship creation tool/game called the Starship Designer. The ASDB also maintains and expands the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards ASDB Technical Database, which provides specifications and design histories for Starfleet starship classes and small craft.
The Starship Designer is built on the premise that the specifications should mean something and that the effects of chosen components on a ship’s performance should be easily seen to the designer. Furthermore, the Starship Designer is built to be a fun, interactive process, providing instant feedback to the user on the effect of his or her choices. By creating a starship design model that is built on a set of constraints and component interaction rules, designing a starship becomes a game itself.
Join the ASDB
- Are you interested in starship design theory?
- Do you own all the blueprints and technical manuals, visit ex-astris-scientia.org, and still can't get enough?
- Do you like researching and coming up with specifications for the various starship classes of Starfleet?
- Are you interested in developing a "starship creator" application?
We want you! Whom we are looking for:
- People interested in starship tech who want to collaborate on figuring out specifications for classes and starship components
- People with real-world tech knowledge who want to share their insight into design and engineering theory
- People with web/app creation knowledge
- Artists interested in creating MSDs (those LCARS cutaways you see on the bridge and in engineering) and other artwork for the project
You do not need to be an engineer or be playing an engineering character to join the ASDB.
If any of this has interested you or you want to learn more, send a message to Captain Rahman.