Difference between revisions of "Aavaro Wilds"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
; [[Denali Station]]
; [[Denali Station]]
: Established by Starfleet in
: Established by Starfleet in in the remains of an ancient city on the surface of [[Ring 42]] it serves as the Federation's, and Starfleet's, permanent home in the Aavaro Wilds.
; Dirty Elbow Nebulae
; Dirty Elbow Nebulae
Latest revision as of 18:07, 10 May 2022
The Aavaro Wilds was one of the last regions annexed by the Cardassian Union before the Dominion war, and as such is one of the first the new Cardassian Democratic Government is withdrawing from in order to secure their borders. In order to keep the region from becoming a haven of outlaws, pirates, and other powers the Federation has decided to explore the area and hopefully fill a power vacuum.
- Aturn VII
- A planet located in the Aturn system, half a lightyear away from a small nebula (.3ly by .4ly). Travel time from Lightside Station is approximately 13 and a half hours at Warp 10 speed. Due to its proximity to the Sandwich Nebula (only 3 lightyears away) it was the perfect choice for the Jem’Hadar to found a colony. The planet however is also claimed by the Ferengi DaiMon Kaybay.
- A planet home to a pre-industrialized civilization, currently undergoing an exploration boom.
- Cuornia system
- First flagged by a long range probe sent out by the USS Juneau. The system contains a black hole and a quasar orbiting each other. To alert other ships about the dangers of this unique phenomenon, Captain Oddas ordered the deployment of a warning beacon after the end of their mission Visitors in the Night.
- Denali Station
- Established by Starfleet in 239805 in the remains of an ancient city on the surface of Ring 42 it serves as the Federation's, and Starfleet's, permanent home in the Aavaro Wilds.
- Dirty Elbow Nebulae
- First explored in the mission The Pied Piper. Its official Starfleet designation is DE-678912. One of the most prominent trade routes in the Aavaro Wilds, though subspace radiation emitted by the anomalies within the Nebulae make it impossible to maintain a stable warp field, forcing ships to switch to impulse drive.
- Edrov VII.3
- Third moon around a gas giant in the Edrov System. Until a mission carried out by the USS Eagle, it was the resting place of an artifact known as The Heart. The Moon nearly exploded, but due to several interacting temporal anomalies, the disaster was not only averted, but actually reversed.
- Jem'Hadar Space Station
- A former Imperial Romulan listening post hidden in a unique feature of the Wilds known as the Sandwich Nebula. The Jem'Hadar here are working to understand how to self-govern with the help of the Federation after being freed from their servitude by the actions of the USS Juneau.
- Lightside Station
- Originally built by a race called the Kalinda, now a commerce hub known as the Spike and inhabited by a myriad of species and known as a place conduct business of any sort.
- Orstand III
- A waste land of a planet originally inhabited by a species called the Kalinda. The planet died hundreds of years ago due to the inhabitant’s ecological mismanagement of their world.
- The fith moon of Orstand III, currently home to the Balerians.
- Many millennia ago the planet Phorth had been an active Iconian outpost, but presently all that remains of their existence are ruins. The once proud display of their power and technology resides under the powdery gray-blue silt of the planet’s barren surface. Only microbial life occupies Phorth now. The planet is three days away from Lightside Station at maximum warp speed.
- Ring 42
- Found in the Dialran system a giant ring with a radius of 1AU orbiting a G class star. Made up of many biomes and interlocking habitats.
- Starbase 821
- The closest Federation outpost to the Aavaro Wilds, a Sigma Class station with few amenities but a nice respite when crews want familiar surroundings.
- Ulu IV
- A planet located in the Ulu system.
- Home of the Verillians known to Starfleet by XJ4-932 and first encountered by the crew of the USS Eagle on Stardate 239510.31. The Verillians are a pre-warp society with at least 4 major nation-states and at the end of 239512 were recovering from a plague introduced by the Aggregate.
- A subspace anomaly - described as a Gordian Knot of smaller subspace anomalies, eddies, and other phenomenon orbiting the star Fenn. Encountered by the crew of the USS Eagle on Stardate 239606.10 during testing of the OR Assembly Mark 3B as part of the Warp XV Development process. A crack formed by the interaction of the anomaly and the star - which can cause problems with Warp Drives in general.
- Xunov System
- A solar system surrounded by an Oort Cloud. It has two uninhabitable planets and a gas giant with moons. One of the moons is habitable and has a scrapyard owned by an Argosian man named Administrator Pila.
- A people native to the Aavaro Wilds. Technologically less advanced than Starfleet. Their society relies on a plant called the Grunn Fern to power their cities and ships. When their valuable plant gradually started dying out, the Acen began looking for different ways to grow the plant or other means of generating power. The Ring was their saving grace. It had the perfect conditions to grow Fern, or anything else for that matter, and it could all be harvested remotely. As the crew of the USS Eagle found out on Stardate 239702.11, production of the Fern damaged the Ring’s vital systems. A solution for both the Ring and the Acen was found as the crew of the Eagle discovered a different production method for a new type of Fern.
- The Acen look rather grotesque for a reptilian humanoid species. They have broadened shoulders and hands almost double the size of humans. They have pronounced ridges that protrude from their temples and reach down to their jaw as well as jagged ridges instead of eyebrows.
- A proto-Klingon like race (similar to Klingons in look, but softer and not with the attitude).
- Their appearance is humanoid but they have a reddish brown coat, dark eyes and a set of antlers. They traveled the galaxy in vessels called Arks for generations before finally finding a new home on the fifth moon of Orstand III called Orsung. No one even remembered why they had set out to the stars in the first place. Every Ark had its own legend, but the records of the true events that had led them out here, had been lost to the sands of time.
- Officially called the Cagnal of the Navigation Amalgamation. Captain Oddas and the Juneau managed to broker a peace between them and their space faring neighbors, called the Zik. Mission: The Pied Piper.
- A race that lives in one of the cities on Ring 42, called Deolia. They serve as Caretakers of the city and reproduce through some form of mitosis. They have a special, symbiotic relationship with the city that is actually a technological-organic biome.
- A group of specially bred Jem'Hadar. The Breen Thot Vudl discovered a way to genetically remove the requirement for Ketracel White in the Jem'Hadar and instilled himself as their creator rather than the Founders. When his betrayal was discovered the Jem'Hadar turned on him and established their freedom on the Jem'Hadar Space Station.
- Original inhabitants of the planet Orstand III. After their planet died out, they relocated to Lightside Station.
- Ring 42 People
- During their exploration of one of the many biodomes, the crew of the Eagle encountered the inhabitants of a village called Protectorate 172. At first glance they appeared to be humanoid, but they were actually artificial beings with a kind of metallic looking skins, in various colors.
- The People
- A civilization based on the immediate recylcing of all the people born on their planet with any sort of deficency. When encountered by the USS Eagle (Cleanliness Protocol) the crew barely escaped with their lives. Captain Oddas, as they left, made it known to the population that should they continue their policies of eugenics the Federation would have no contact or trade with The People or anyone who did.
- Captain Oddas and the Juneau managed to broker a peace between them and their space faring neighbors, called the Cagnal of the Navigation Amalgamation, prior to their mission The Pied Piper.
- First of the Jem'Hadar forces formerly commanded by Thot Vudl. After the events of the mission named Cloak and Dagger the first has been left in charge of the remaining forces on the Jem'Hadar Station.
- DaiMon Kaybay
- Owner of Atern II as stated by the Ferengi chamber of commerce and Commanding officer FMS Gold Feather. The Ferengi DaiMon who laid claim to the planet Aturn VII.
- Gul Simor
- The Commander of the CDS Efri, a Galor class battleship, who first menaced the USS Eagle during their 'Ordering' History mission. Incensed at the Eagle's presence, and their Bajoran Captain, in particular. Simor's ultimate goal is the restoration of the Cardassian Union and has been hiding in the Wilds. At last report, he remains alive and plotting.
- A Vulcan arms dealer and former Starfleet officer. His current base is located on the planet Ulu IV in the Ulu system. He was asked by Captain Oddas to act as a mediator between the Jem'Hadar colonists on Aturn VII and the Ferengi DaiMon Kaybay to solve any future border disputes.
- Administrator Pila
- An Argosian man who owns a Scrapyard around a Gas giant's moon in the Xunov system.