"A life lived unexplored is a life not worth living."
PNPC Lieutenant Junior Grade Dassa Alexander is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard the USS Za.
Dassa Willow Alexander was born on Qularie IV on Stardate 236102.24 to parents Christian and Jiasa Alexander. Her older brother, Ekras, visited shortly after. From a young age, Dassa showed high cognitive capacity and an unrivaled curiosity about the world around her. By age 2, she was the older sister to brother Areem. Most of her childhood was spent immersed in a world of fantasy and imagination. Among her favorite activities were dancing and playing doctor with her dolls and many stuffed animals as her patients. Though she was shy, she had a close circle of friends throughout her younger years and did well socially. She was well-liked for her compassionate, patient nature.
When she was 12, she was sexual and mentally assaulted by a boy she was seeing, Dolan Tauneer. He attempted to use her as a vessel for a "mind dump". However, she was able to fight him off. Upon returning home, she told her parents what happen. However, the boy told his parents that she was the one who had assaulted him. She was immediately arrested and locked in a prison cell to await her trial. It took three months for a trial date to be set. She spent a year in prison before she was found not guilty.
Deciding a fresh start on a new world would help Dassa to move on, her parents moved their family to London, England on Earth to reside with her father's parents until such time as they could establish a new life there.
As she entered her teen years, she began taking ballet and violin lessons. She fell in love with her instrument and spent most of her time throughout her teenage years honing her musical talents with dreams of entering Julliard, a prestigious arts academy in New York. She even spent a summer studying music in Venice when she was 15. Those dreams faded to the background as her more practical passion for medicine and helping others became her focus. Following her completion of secondary school, she pursued Pre-Med at University College London, St. George.
She fought through some struggles with anxiety and low-grade depression, but was able to fulfill her dreams when she graduated the University's Doctor of Medicine program with honors (summa cum laude) with specialties in Pediatrics & Surgery. It was during the clinical portion of her program that she was approached by a Starfleet recruiter and offered the chance to put her talents to use for a greater purpose. Enamored with the idea of Starfleet, she entered the Academy and completed the program on Stardate 239105.09.
She served aboard the USS Braveheart as an Ensign before she was selected to serve aboard the USS Gorkon. When the Gorkon became stuck in an alternate reality, she was offered another posting but elected to remain at Starfleet Medical until the Gorkon's return. She was promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade and is currently serving aboard the USS Za as a Medical Officer.
Dassa is spiritual, artistic, peace-loving, friendly and is highly original. She is often described as "offbeat" or "eccentric," and is stimulated by visionary ideas and new experiences. She is highly intellectual, however not so good with practical details and follow-through. Though she is naturally shy, she can be quite social when she is relaxed and comfortable in a situation. She experiences emotional extremes, feeling both good and bad intensively. Dassa has a compassionate view of the world. She has strong intuition and a gift for reading into the actions and thoughts of others. She dislikes confrontation to the point that it stresses her out and can result in a nervous breakdown. Delving into spiritual matters and philosophical ideals is much more important to her than simply managing the details of day-to-day life. For this reason, she struggles to keep track of her possessions, remember appointments, arrive punctually, and to stand up to others. Despite appearances, she's not a pushover and will work hard in the fight for what she believes in. She greatly enjoys her profession because helping others makes her feel good.
- Strengths: She is affectionate, lively and inventive.
- Weakneses: She has a tendency to may blame herself constantly. It is next to impossible to take advice or constructive criticism from family members and from friends or even strangers.
- Likes: Being alone, music, Socializing, the arts, spiritual connection, new experiences, intellectual conversations, justice
- Dislikes: Ignorance, conflict, fake individuals, indifference, cruelty, spacewalks, sailing, being criticized
- Be careful who you trust. The Devil was once an angel. ~ "Be Careful Who You Trust" from A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
- When you focus on the snake, you miss the scorpion. ~ "A New Perspective On the Situation" from A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
- The way out is through. ~ "I've Got A Surprise Or Two Up My Sleeve" from Unknown
- I'm a doctor, not a diplomat. ~ "Dinner and Diplomatic Discussions" from Unknown
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
- New Age music
- Classical music
- Plays violin
- Prefers fantasy and mystery
- Tai Chi
||EDUCATION/NON-STARFLEET CAREER HISTORY
- Kelmscott Secondary School in London, England
- University College London at St. George's
- Graduated Stardate 238605
- Suma Cum Laude
- M.D., P.D.
- Pediatrics and Surgical Specialties
- UCLSG Degrees
- Doctorate Dissertation: Cross-Species Reproduction and Its Effects on the Children (SD 2386)
- Federation Standard
- Esperanto (official language of the Al-Leyan homeworld)
- Starfleet Medical Academy
|Starfleet Service Record
||239106 - 239302
||239302 - 239310
||239310 - 239404.17
||239404.18 - Present
- Alexander, D. "Cross-Species Reproduction and Its Effects on the Children" [Dissertation in Brief] SFMJ, [In progress]
- Alexander, D. "Telepathy and Empathy in Non-Reader Species: A Case Study" SFMJ, [In progress]