|Esa Kiax (Formerly Darkkdust)|
|Birthplace||St Thomas' Hospital - London, UK|
- Height: 5' 8" (172.72cm)
- Weight: 152.1 lbs (69.0 kgs)
- Hair colour: Dyed Ocean Blue (Naturally Brown)
- Length of Hair: Shoulder Length
- Eyes: Grey
- Build: Average
- Telepathic status: T0
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Often slouches when sat down, except in the presence of superiors; When standing, she often favours one leg or the other, most likely due to her muscle atrophy.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Can be found in a wide variety of light, patterned summer dresses. If it gets too cold, then a pair of tight fitting denim jeans and a long sleeved blouse & cardigan.
- Shoes: Shin high leather boots. Variety of colours and styles to fit almost any ensemble.
- Voice: Smooth, well-spoken. Upper-Middle Class british accent. Vocal range:- Soprano C4 (261Hz) to A5 (880Hz) (Think Keeley Hawes' portrayal of Lara Croft in Tomb Raider: Legend)
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse: Maddi Hyden
- Children: None
- Father: Celeg Darkkdust (Joined Trill)
- Mother: Zahara Darkkdust (Née Sartoris)
- Elder: Christoph Darkkdust (30)
- Elder (In Law): Hannah Striker (30)
- Younger: Erin Striker (24)
Esa met Maddi during the early days of their tenure at the Academy. The two formed a solid bond of friendship throughout this time and were overjoyed to be posted together on the USS Atlantis, hoping that they could make a real difference to the crew of their new ship. After an accident that endangered Maddi's life, she and Esa finally revealed their true feeling for each other. After several months of being together, the pair decided to take things to the next level and proposed marriage to each other. Despite being separated for over two months, first due to Esa's return to Trill for her joining, then because they were assigned to separate away teams to investigate a series of Chon outpost stations, they finally tied the knot and were wed in a ceremony performed by Captain Brell, shortly before his departure for the Embassy of Duronis II.
Esa and Natalya were acquainted way back in 2391, when a 20-year-old Esa was still in two minds about signing on with the Academy. After a particularly informative chat about Engineering, Esa was influenced to tender her academy application on the Engineering track. The pair were unexpectedly reunited almost 5 years later in Poseidon's.
Events surrounding the trial of Kiliak Jo put a strain on their once friendly relationship, but after Esa was attacked with a memory blanking drug, she lost all recollection of their animosity.
Esa was born on Earth while her father was working on assignment to the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards on the Intrepid-Class Development Project. Naturally, the family decided to stay put in the Sol system during her early developmental years, eventually leading up to her schooling in London.
While at school, Esa met Erin Striker, who quickly became one of her best friends. Through this friendship, both families grew close, with Esa’s older brother eventually marrying Erin’s older sister. Sadly, mere weeks after the wedding, Erin’s parents were killed in an accident on the starship they were serving on. Heartbroken, Erin sought refuge in the comfort of her newly extended family, asking to be adopted into the Darkkdust family, who accepted without hesitation.
Aged 18, Esa graduated from Secondary Education with qualifications in Information Systems Development, Electronics and Physics. She had become quite adept at computer programming and electronics, feeding off of the knowledge of her father, and sought to follow his footsteps into Starship Design and Construction. Under encouragement from her parents, Esa tendered her application to Starfleet Academy, where she was accepted to Major in Starship Operations, and minor in Engineering under the Programming discipline. While at the Academy, she found a passion in marksmanship, and ended up representing the United Kingdom in the 2392 London Olympics. From this, she made several successive attempts to beat the academy Advanced Phaser Training Programme record, sadly never succeeding. Despite this, she excelled in LCARS Programming and Systems Architecture and Design, and graduated with a respectable 3.19GPA (2:1) in Communications/Operations and Engineering Programming.
Her Academy training cruise was certainly an eventful one, initially featuring her as the Bridge HCO Officer, however after an accident where one of her fellow cadets was rendered unconscious, she was transferred to the Engineering Station until the mission's conclusion.
Personality & Mannerisms
- Quarters: Sparsely decorated, but a large LCARS programming console built into a desk runs perpendicular to the room's orientation that serves to divide the living area from the bed. Sofas and large squashy beanbags occupy the remaining space. Opposite her bed is a replica 21st Century Pearl Reference acoustic drum kit, which serves to keep her entertained when she's off-duty.
- Favorite Room: Astrometrics. The fact that there's a massive wall spanning map of the galaxy in there is just so cool.
- Habits: Bites fingernails when thinking hard about things.
- Mannerisms: Quite often known to over-gesticulate when explaining something. Will unintentionally use quite complicated words when doing so, sometimes in the wrong way, which can confuse those she's talking to.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: While not particularly religious in any sense of the word, she does think that the Bajoran devotion to the Prophets is a neat idea. Having some higher being watching over you can be a comfort in those most difficult of times.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Sitting in trees in Hyde Park with a padd or two, programming some new subroutine to make her life easier. Playing along to any number of 20th/21st Century Musical Theatre tracks on her drum kit.
- Likes: All things Cake related; Vanilla Ice-Cream Floats; Things coloured blue; 20th & 21st Century Musical Theatre.
- Dislikes: Opera; Bitter foods and drinks.
- Ambitions and Goals: One day hopes to make her way to Chief Operations Officer, but more than that, desires very strongly to become Joined, like her father.
- Achievements in Life: Silver Medal for Team GB in Women's Skeet at the 2392 London Olympics; Played Elle Woods at high school in her final year production of Legally Blonde.
- Disappointments in Life: Not being there enough for her younger sister, who sadly washed out of the Academy. Esa blames herself for her sister's failure.
- Temperament: Calm and Collected, though can have a tendency to become unaware of her surroundings when working on a particularly difficult task.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Irrational fear of dying from asphyxiation.
- Physical Limitations: Slight muscle atrophy in her legs. Makes lifting heavy objects difficult. If left untreated may lead to the loss of motor functions.
|Cadet, Fourth Class||239109.01
|Cadet, Third Class||239209.01
Engineering Programming Minor
|Cadet, Second Class||239309.01|
|Cadet, First Class||239409.01|
|Ensign||239511.20 - 239605.30||USS Atlantis
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239606.01 - 239608.27|
|Lieutenant||239608.28 - Current|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|The Defence of Kiliak Jo||In 2396, Esa acted as a defence attorney for fellow shipmate Kiliak Jo, while on trial for suspected treason.||Part 0 |
|2392 London Summer Olympics: Women's Skeet Qualifiers||In 2392, Esa was competing for Team GB in the Earth Olympics in London. Her performance in the qualifying round was one to be matched, but all was not perfect...||Part 1 |
USS Atlantis Crew Roster
|NPC Listing · USS Atlantis Crew Manifest · Crew History