Lieutenant Junior Grade Alleran Tan (formerly Alleran Mapak) is a joined Trill, helmsman and pilot assigned to the USS Independence-A. Alleran is currently engaged in a relationship with Fleet Captain Sidney Riley.
Alleran's writer can be found here.
- Full Name:Alleran (Mapak) Tan
- Host Age: 29. Birthday 236212.01 (1st of December 2362).
- Symbiont Age: 116. Birthday 227409.06 (6th of September 2274).
- Species: Trill (joined)
- Gender: Male
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Height: 5'1"
- Telepathic status: NA. Tan's previous host's voice can be heard occasionally in his head, usually giving sarcastic advice or admonishments, but this is normal of joined Trills and does not extend outside his head.
- Place of Birth: Byroni, Trill Prime.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Trill symbiont. After his stay on Devinon V, Alleran received a two-inch scar just above his left eye.
- Skin Tone: Olive and significantly tanned, with dark Trill spots.
- Handedness: Right.
- Languages: Trill (native), English (accented but clear), Vaadwaur (weak vocabulary and heavily accented but otherwise understandable), Romulan (fluent with slight accent, from previous host).
- Quarters: Tan is currently in the process of moving in with his partner, although this is a slow process and requires Belleau's approval.
- Favorite Room: Pilot's ready room. Tan feels most at home with fellow pilots, although he had many friends amongst the USS Independence-A crew.
- Mannerisms/Habits: Impulsive, even reckless, Tan's aggressive flying style has earned him both praise and scorn from his crewmates. Several notable "incidences" have lead him to begin to consider the wisdom of defensive flying, if only occasionally.
- Temperment: Tan becomes nervous in formal situations, such as mission briefings. When relaxed, his sense of humour is often self-depreciating and occasionally crude. Since returning from Devenon IV, Tan is a lot more confident socially.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Tan is not a religious individual, but he has an open mind towards spirituality of various forms.
An ancient Terran tradition was for pilots to record their victories over their foes. Tan has adopted this practice.
- Ebon Hawk, frighter- 1/6th kill (assisted).
- Vaadwaur Assault Fighter - 1 kill, solo. (Second Battle of Eratis)
- Vaadwaur Assault Fighter - 1 kill, assist (sh'Shar credited). (Operation Bright Star)
Technically not tracked in any formal or informal sense, it is nevertheless important to point out Alleran Tan's defeats. Specifically:
- Hammerhead Fighter, Starbase 118 (damaged): Damaged by onboard feedback device. The perpetrator was never apprehended.
- Longbow Fighter, Deep Space 17 (lost and presumed destroyed): Damaged by combat. Two civilian children had snuck onboard, due to negligence on Tan's behalf (no preflight inspection was performed with no extenuating circumstances). When the civilians were discovered, Tan damaged the ship and activated his emergency transporter, hoping to hide the children in the wreckage. The Longbow was programmed to 'reactivate' after a time, then flee- but the civilians and Tan were picked up by a Maul from the USS Ronin before this took place. The damaged fighter was abandoned and presumed captured or destroyed.
- 2387, April: Commander Thelev reports that Alleran Tan performed well in a scramble-and-intercept sortie, despite accidentally boarding and subsequently damaging Commander Thelev's personal fighter. Tan assisted in the capture of a rogue civilian freighter, the Ebon Hawk.
- 2387, April: Alleran Tan is treated aboard Starbase 118 for radiation burns and a broken femur resulting from damage to Commander Thelev's Hammerhead fighter.
- 2387, June: Alleran Tan destroys a larger and better armed Vaadwaur Assault Fighter in a Longbow fighter, earning his first complete victory.
- 2387, September: Mikali Sh'Shar destroyed a Vaadwaur Assault Fighter with Alleran Tan acting as her navigator.
- 2387, June: Alleran Tan discovers two civilian children hiding on his Longbow fighter. He abandons ship, damaging it in the process, attempting to hide the two children in the "wreckage". Captured and abused by the vaadwaur but rescued by marines from the USS Ronin, a formal reprimand is issued; a note was placed in his permanent record by Tracey Townson that Tan was negligent in his duty, having failed to perform a pre-flight inspection before launching in a non-emergency situation.
Tan was specifically reprimanded for attempting to place blame on others, for going off-mission and complicating rescue, as well as the psychological effect of abandoning two children in the middle of a combat zone. Mention was made of his overly aggressive flying and reckless behaviour, with Tracey nearly considering taking him to Courts Martial. Major Rowten of the USS Ronin also lodged a formal complaint regarding Tan's behaviour, criticising the trill's plan to hide the children on a wreck as 'fundamentally flawed'.
Subsequently, Tan was stripped of his flight privileges and ordered to undergo 72 hours of remedial training before being offered the chance to re-qualify.
- 2387, June: A note is placed in Tan's medical log stating that, possibly due to recent injuries sustained after bailing out from a Longbow, his isoboramine levels have fallen below average. The risk of symbiont rejection is classified as 'very low', with 5 cc's of benzocyatizine being prescribed by Dr Sasak.
- 2387, June: Alleran Tan is promoted to Lt. Jr Grade. The loss of his flight privileges, however, remains.
- Leave of Absence on the recently colonized Vaadwaur world
- 2387, October: Alleran Tan is rejected by Sidney Riley. Unable to cope with his mounting personal issues (stemming from the Vaadwaur occupation of Deep Space 17), Tan is clearly unable to perform his duties. Despite repeated attempts to council him by members of the crew, Tan eventually writes a personal letter to every single member of the command staff and files for a leave of absence. He plans to spend this time living on the newly settled Vaadwaur world, assisting with the relief and reconstruction effort there. He expects this absence to last a long time, but he vows very clearly to return.
- 2387, November: Alleran Tan arrives on the Vaadwaur homeworld and begins assisting with the reconstruction effort there. He meets the wife of the man he killed during the Longbow Incident and apologizes to her. Yin is distraught to learn that her husband is dead, but does not hold any lasting anger towards Alleran. This becomes a very important part in his healing process.
- 2387, November: Alleran Tan, for the first time in his life, prays to the Trill Four Virtues. Specifically he asks them to put Passion out of his life and for Courage to endure his pain.