|Mikali 'Banshee' sh'Shar|
"Mikali sh'Shar is an... acquired taste. In the same way one might "acquire" a horrible flesh-eating bacteria." - Serren Tan
Mikali "Banshee" sh'Shar is a former helmsman and pilot. Her rank, before her General discharge, was Lieutenant (Junior Grade). She has a young daughter, Benna sh'Shar. After completed 12 months with the ReachOut program on Iana Station, she gained employment at a Vulcan flight academy and remains there to this day.
sh'Shar is a PNPC simmed by Serren Tan.
- Full Name: Mikali sh'Shar
- Callsign: "Banshee"
- Age: 42
- Species: Andorian
- Gender: Shen (a masculine female)
- Hair color: White
- Eye color: Blue (right, biological)/Blue (left, prosthetic). Her Mk II prosthetic has thermal vision, object tracking and a few other nice options, which are controlled through a simple switch embedded in her skin.
- Height: 165cm (5'5")
- Telepathic status: 0
- Place of Birth: Andoria
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Prosthetic left eye, prosthetic left pinkie finger (aka, the "blue-ie"). Until recently a fragment of the Helmsman's console of the USS Independence-A was embedded in her skull, deemed too dangerous to remove. It has since been removed and made into a necklace, ready to be given to a friend.
- Skin Tone: Light blue.
- Handedness: Right.
- Addiction: Mikali has been clean since 239106.14, which at the time of writing is 8 years.
- Parents: sh'Shar has no contact with any of her four parents.
- Siblings: None.
- Spouse: None permanently.
- Children: One, Benna sh'Shar, named after Luna's brother, Ben Walker.
- Quarters: sh'Shar's quarters had once been one hell of a mess, with clothes strewn everywhere and every surface untidy and undusted, but these days are neat and tidy.
- Favorite Room: The shuttlebay where she works on Iana Station.
- Mannerisms/Habits: Years have changed sh'Shar. These days she is a hard worker and intensely dedicated to her job and her daughter, with the majority of her sharp edges rounded off with therapy and responsibility. She still has a lot of work to do, however, and her temper still remains, and temptation of all sorts is a spectre hovering at the edges of her life.
- Temperament: Mikali does her best to keep her temper in check but below the surface is still a lot of anger and pain, although guilt has joined the party as well.
- Favourite Food: Bajoran Hasperat. Mikali became accustomed to it in prison on Bajor. She loves the way it *tastes*, but the food also brings back bad memories of past mistakes, so she hates the way it makes her *feel*.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: sh'Shar quietly follows Andorian spirituality as best as she knows how.
- Dislikes and Fears: sh'Shar tends to dislike being woken up greatly, and she has a deep, passionate hatred for pirates, as pirate attacks were a constant menace during her childhood. Accordingly, she has no love for those who romanticize the pirate lifestyle, considering piratical imagery garish and grossly offensive. She also fears the Dsna’druth, an Andorian predatory beast of mythical origin.
|Starfleet Service Record
sh'Shar's callsign when she flew fighters was "Banshee".
sh'Shar has, at least in the past, proudly proclaimed she has no friends and views them as a liability. She is secretly fearful that she might hurt someone with her actions, so prefers to keep people at arm's length.
That isn't really true, however...
- Alleran Tan - Often at odds, fighting as often as they were friends, Mikali was a constant thorn in Alleran's side. Despite that, due to their shared service history, they had... something. She called him "spots" and he called her "blue".
- Luna Walker - "Loony Luna" and sh'Shar developed a fast friendship since the fiery Romulan/Terran woman came on board the USS Independence-A. Walker mentioned to her that she, too, had spent time behind bars; almost certainly a contributing factor. Luna was later given care of her child, Benna sh'Shar.
- Benna sh'Shar - Despite all the odds, Mikali's daughter has grown up to be a smart, inquisitive, intelligent, grounded, sensible smart young girl who has her whole life ahead of her, *and* is someone who cares for her mother. Her growth inspired similar growth in Mikali, although how long that will remain is anyone's guess...
- Tasha MacFarlane - A contact on Iana Station she met through her ReachOut program, Mikali took an instant liking to the loud Scot. Later, Tasha would (literally) pick a dying Mikali off the floor of her quarters and get her much-needed medical attention. sh'Shar observed that nobody had ever helped her like that before.
sh'Shar has only "dated" a few times in her life and such attempts end in disaster. Wild and unpredictable, sh'Shar is a handful to even be a casual acquaintance with.
She enjoyed a stable, prolonged romance with S'Acul Aveunalliv aboard the USS Avandar which she found both rewarding, fulfilling, and a lot of fun. She misses that cat but realises that she was burdening him down and that he had to go do his own thing.
During a wild celebration after a successful mission, she drunkenly kissed Alleran Tan. He wasn't the only one, but he was the one she passed out on top of in the Pilot's Ready Room. Nothing else happened other than that, but she does occasionally tease him about "sleeping together".
The only person of particular note here is Jake Hartmann, a fellow pilot. She has mentioned, off and on, feeling genuine feelings for him that go beyond the physical.
Pre-Starfleet Criminal Record
Mikali was born to four abusive parents. She does not discuss the nature of this abuse, but she once told Councilor Avandar that it was "... in every way a small child could be abused".
She ran away from home at thirteen, immediately joining a Ferengi gang. She was bought into the world of light drugs and petty crime at first, heavy drugs and smuggling not long after. Most of these activities were conducted aboard an expansive Ferengi ship- very little, again, is known of her time aboard except that she stood up for the small contingent of female crew, insisting (at disrupter-point) that they were allowed to wear clothes.
Eventually, the ship was apprehended by Bajoran authorities smuggling Ketracel past the Federation blockade when the Dominion's supplies ran thin (after the wormhole was laid with cloaked mines).
Mikali was sentenced to six years in prison but managed to bargain herself down to two years by demonstrating a provable chemical addiction, plus agreeing to serve as an informer for six months.
She joined Starfleet soon after being released (a condition of her parole), although her application was rejected several times due to her history.
Post-Starfleet Criminal Record
Lost and displaced after the decommissioning of the USS Avandar, Mikali sh'Shar took leave on Andoria, and almost immediately relapsed. She was arrested soon afterwards, and in addition to the drugs charges, received several fines and citations on Andoria for littering, public indecency, public drunkenness, and abusive language toward police officers.
She spent six weeks in prison on Andoria for possession of a personal-use quantity of restricted chemicals, followed by twelve weeks in rehabilitation.
Discharge from Starfleet
After being charged with possession of a controlled chemical, Mikali sh'Shar was discharged from Starfleet.
Facing an "Other Than Honourable" discharge, she argued that her drug use was mostly painkiller abuse stemming from issues with her prosthetic eye, the legacy of a wound sustained in service. Although this argument did not entirely sway the justice, a medical examination did reveal inflammation of the ocular nerve, which might have lead to tenderness and headaches.
Accordingly, she received a "General Discharge" from Starfleet, avoiding the dreaded "Big Chicken Dinner" but still losing her commission.
Personal Story Arcs
- The Blue Baron - Mikali sh'Shar puts her skills to the test as Alleran Tan's navigator, defending Deep Space 17 from Vaadwaur attack.
- Happy Families - When a medical issue raises the issue of infertility, sh'Shar decides to try to have a kid, having to struggle through issues in her own childhood.
- Relapse - Lost and alone, sh'Shar relapses into drugs. (Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxfmYR7ItM)
- Andorian Blues - Mikali takes a hard, unflattering job to try and redeem herself and see Benna sh'Shar again.