- For the alternate universe counterpart, see Jhen Thelev (alternate).
Commander Jhen Thelev, an Andorian, is currently the First Officer aboard the USS Achilles.
- 1 Stats
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Manner
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Personal History
- 7 Professional History
- 8 Other Versions
- Full Name: Jhen Thelev
- Current Rank: Commander
- Race: Andorian
- Date of Birth: Stardate 235707.18
- Age: 33
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6'1" (not including antennae)
- Hair Color: Silver-white
- Eye Color: Blue/Black
- Skin Tone: Light blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: Missing two toes from his left foot. His scarred foot is a result of crash-landing a Runabout, the USS Cedar.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Tattoo on left bicep that reads "Brethren of the Ronin". Rumoured to be an second tattoo on his right buttock, content unknown.
- Build: Slightly taller than most Andorian males but also slightly thinner. The Andorian origins as a warrior race are evidenced in his wiry build.
- Carriage: Carries himself with confidence. Strides quickly when he needs to get somewhere.
- Poses: Tends to rub his chin when deep in thought.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Generaly something smart but unremarkable, more comfortable than fashionable.
- Voice: Quiet and deep, but without much of an Andorian accent.
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Quite sparse. Most objects are functional and well designed. The rooms are almost devoid of clutter apart from the bedroom where mementos from family and friends are carefully placed.
- Favorite Room: Jhen's favourite place to think is in a holoprogram of Andor, made for him by his older sister when he left for the academy. Other places include the bridge, his quarters and, particularly, his office
- Mannerisms: Presents a confident exterior, makes a lot of eye contact when talking. His antennae tend to be a good indicator of his mood - drooping when upset or twitching when alert.
- Physical Limitations: As an Andorian, he can withstand more physical punishment than the average Terran. Keeps himself fit and active. He has an excellent capacity for lifting and can easily hold aloft his own bodyweight. His antennae are useful for several things, including balance. Their chief purpose, however, is as an extra set of ears, capable of distinguising many sounds other races cannot detect.
- Temperment: Friendly and outgoing. Like most Andorians, he keeps his anger in check but it can be fierce if it boils over.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Not religious.
A forthright individual, Jhen Thelev is not afraid to say what he thinks, even to superior officers. Likewise, he believes others are entitled to their views and this makes Jhen a (usually) very tolerant person. He has a good sense of humour. Although he doesn't have a great deal of friends, he treasures those he does have treating them like an extended family.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Klingon (Reading/writing and speaking fluently)
- Vulcan & Romulan (Reading/writing only. Although he can speak Vulcan and Romulan a little, his accent is appaling)
- Ritual combat
- Jhen practises the use of the Andorian chaka to channel his races famously explosive temper.
- History - Myths & Legends
- He enjoys reading ancient Andorian sagas, Klingon ballads and the Terran history of Ancient Greece.
- Atmospheric flyers
- Jhen has been involved in this hobby for many years, flying in amateur leagues in his younger days. He continued the hobby throughout the academy, joing the student flying team, but hasn't had much of a chance to try the real thing since graduating.
Food and Drink
- Owon egg omlette - not to everyone's taste, Jhen likes his Earth-style with onions and some strong cheddar cheese.
- Tarkalean tea - bitter and strong with just a splash of milk. Jhen also has a selection of teas from around the galaxy in his office which he restocks whenever he can.
- Andorian brandy
- Guiness - an acquired taste that Jhen blames on Ethan Brice.
Likes and Dislikes
- Klingons and Andorians are both warrior cultures and Jhen finds a lot in common with them.
- Jhen has no time for what he describes as; "Smug, self-satisfied logic-fanatics." As a race, he sees the Vulcans as aloof, arrogant and painfully superior, although he is prepared to try taking each Vulcan as an individual. Once punched a Vulcan while at the academy.
- He hates nothing more than a hypocrite and thinks people should say what they mean and mean what they say.
Ambitions and Goals
To progress within Starfleet and earn the respect of his peers.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
- Marital Status: Single
2 sisters. 1 older than Jhen (Fritha) and 1 younger (Brynwald). Frith is working towards a position within the Federation Council and Bryn has recently been accepted into the Andorian Academy of Art.
- Full Article: Jhen Thelev Personal History
- 238009.15 Enters Academy
- 238401.30 Graduates Academy
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238401.30
- Current Rank: Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Achilles
- Duty Post: First Officer
Awards & Commendations
- Awarded the Purple Star: 238501.17
- Awarded the Pilot's Sextant: 238601.13
- Awarded the Voyager Medallion: 238601.13
- Awarded the Neelix Award: 238701.13
- Awarded the Ithassa Region Campaign Ribbon: 238901.01
- Awarded the 3 Year Service Bar: 238901.01
StarFleet Assessments and Records
- Haf Callaghan - Yeoman