|Chief Science Officer|
|A Brave Science Officer|
|Avieorn, New Scotland|
Lieutenant Evanna Blackwood, was a Terran, who served aboard the USS Aurora before tranfering to the USS Avandar. She was a scientist who worked her way up to serving as the ship's Chief Science Officer. She was killed in action on 238905.20 aged 27 during an away mission gone wrong.
- Status: DECEASED - KIA. Died on Stardate 238905.20 aged 27 during an away mission gone wrong.
- Full Name: Evanna Blackwood
- Clan: Douglas
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236109.06
- Place of Birth: Avieorn, New Scotland
- Nationality: Scottish
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'4"
- Hair Color: Auburn
- Length of Hair: Short, wavy.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Voice: Has a Scottish Accent
- Handedness: Cross-Dominant
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Outdoor and nature pursuits, including hiking, snow sports and bird spotting.
- Likes: Cooking, traditional scottish crafts.
- Dislikes: Public Speaking, crowded places, getting drunk.
- Ambitions and Goals: To explore the flora and fauna of other planets and develop new, natural medicinal salves and remedies.
- Phobias: Lakes/rivers and large bodies of water, as a result of an incident in the holodeck. Blackwood is not a strong swimmer, at times she can barely stand to shower as a result of the accident - it brings back the memory and feeling of drowning. Blackwood will avoid going to close to water bodies, quickly grows nervous around them and may suffer an anxiety attack and flee.
Evanna Blackwood's Family Heritage
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: David Blackwood: (Age 59) (Occupation: Fleet Co-ordinator PDS corp. (Planetary Delivery Services.))
- Mother: Gillian Blackwood: (Age 54) (Cleaner.)
- Siblings: Ella Blackwood: (Age 22) (Music teacher.)
Evanna and Arden are childhood friends, they got to know each other through the business dealings of their fathers. Holding a highly regarded and important position in PDS corporation, David had many dealings with the Cain family and their interstellar freight company. David and Willard became good friends through business and the two families would often come together for important occassions, such as Christmas feasts.
Neither Evanna or Arden had initially planned to join StarFleet after finishing schools and though they kept in touch and occassionally saw each other - they were doing their own thing. As fate would have it they ended up joining StarFleet together and were best friends, supporting each other throughout the academy.
Though they were assigned to different ships they still keep in touch via subpace communications.
- 236209.06: Born in Avieorn, (a traditional highland town that is very popular with local and interplanetary tourists due to the scenic mountains and huge selection of outdoor activities and great nightlife.)
- 237807.29: Graduates from Avieorn Academy with average results.
- 237808.15: Employed in Avieorn as a mountain leader, taking tourists on tours, expeditions, leading activities at the outdoors centres. Volunteers in free time with MRS (Mountain Rescue Service.)
- 238408.01: Enrols at StarFleet Academy.
- 238507.10: Spends her first summer on campus taking an extra course in Survival: Land-based survival in Desert, Ocean, Jungle and Moderate Conditions.
- 238707.07: Spends a portion of her third summer on an away trip to a nearby system with a group of select cadets to do research on local flora to find new medicinal remedies and gain real experience of a research away mission.
- 238801.05: Graduates from StarFleet Academy with a science major, specialising in evolution, adaptation and conservation.
- 238805.03: Begins StarFleet Academy cadet cruise.
- 238805.09: Completed the cadet cruise and is promoted to Ensign.
- 238805.10: Assigned first duty post upon the USS Aurora as a science officer.
- 238806.09: Promoted to head of the biology department and assistant chief science officer.
- 238810.18: Promoted to Lieutenant JG.
- 238810.25: Tranferred and moved into the USS Avandar a brand new Luna class vessel which the majority of the USS Aurora crew had been transferred to.
- 238902.04: Promoted to Lieutenant and Chief Science Officer.
- 238905.20 : Died aged 27 during an away mission gone wrong.
Evanna has always loved the natural environment and the solitude and peace it offers. She graduated from school with average results and went to work as a mountain leader taking people hiking and climbing in the local mountains and leading various adventure activities. She studied the local flora and fauna casually and enjoyed being able to pass on her knowledge and skills to others. After a chance meeting with a StarFleet recuiter she was persuaded that this was the perfect opportunity for her to flourish and learn in a way that she hadn't been able to at school. Evanna is of average intelligence at best, she found the academy training very difficult and spent a lot more time than other average students studying, just to keep up. She graduated with a science major and has great aptitude for her specialist area - Zoology with particular interest in evolution, adaptation and conservation. She is primarily interested in the research of flora and fauna, in particular she seeks to find new, natural remedies and medicines. She took an extra course during a summer break on survival in various climates and conditions as this was similar to work she was familiar with and enjoyed, she wanted to take it a stage further. Due to her previous experience and extra training Evanna is an ideal candidate for search and rescue operations. She maintains good physical health and frequently challenges herself to be stronger and have greater stamina, but most essentially - be faster.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238801.05
- Highest Rank Achieved: Lieutenant
- Last Assignment: USS Avandar
- Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Performance Evaluations and Disciplinary Records
- 238829.11: Reprimanded for not overseeing proper safety measures causing an accident that endangered the life of a fellow officer
- 238812.24 Award Ceremony: The Bajoran Campaign Ribbon, The Order of StarFleet Merit and Achievement and The Neelix Award
USS Aurora Missions