Victory Captain's Log
NPC STATUS VESSEL
Almost every crewmember on any starship keeps a personal and a professional log. So does the Commanding Officer of a vessel. It informs its readers about the status of ship and crew, how missions are progressing, the CO's personal and professional opinion on matters and any official action taken by him or her. This is a valuable tool for the crew as it gives IC insight into the CO's way of leading his crew and handeling situations, creating more simming material.
TIME: 11:42 HRS
- A small figure appears on the previously black screen. The woman, barely 15cm in hight, wears a Captain's uniform. It is obvious, your terminal screen has difficulty zooming in correctly on the little woman. After a few seconds, the picture is finally clear and focussed. Robin, the ship's CO, is located on a biobed. Next to her, a dragon like creature lays peacefully breathing.
PHOENIX: Since most of our systems are getting back on-line, I can finally enter a new log. Which was about time... so many things happened the last weeks, it is hard keeping track of them all without log entries, computers or peace of mind.
- The figure wiggles on the biobed while shifting herself somewhat closer to the Dragool creature. With her left hand, she pets the animal which in result, begins to sound some relaxing sounds.
PHOENIX: After Captain Avatar left the ship, just when the promotions and the party were over, the ship began experiencing system malfunctions. We have been working to get the ship back under control ever since. ::pause.:: Commander Stone has finally managed to eliminate the cause of our troubles, by closing somesort of vortex, which was forming in Gosport Galley and spreading through our ship. Ever since she managed that, repairs have been underway. Also, we have set course to Starbase 118, more mission details can be accessed by our ship's monthly reports.
- Cleaning her throat, the tiny woman straightens her uniform jacket and continues.
Phoenix: Thanks to a system overload and a malfunctioning transporter, I have been reduced in size to my current physical state. Doctor Harden beliefs, a questionable cure from her two labrats Tina and Rena, will help me to grow back to my former self. However, she has explained this will not happen without certain side effects. Enhanced physical strength will be amongst the effect... something I really do not wish to gain. Ever since my former change I really do not wish to become different again.
- The Dragool tiled her head and nudged it into Robin's side.
PHOENIX: Yes yes, I was just coming to that... Sheila here, Commander Diamond's pet, has been quite helpfull in transporting me through the ship on her back. This very smart creature and I experienced quite the adventure, trying to get to the bridge and gaining control over some systems. However, at the moment the two of us are in sickbay. While I wait for doctor Harden to start with the experimental procedure, Sheila is expected to give birth in a few weeks. Let's hope both of us will leave sickbay the right way. ::pause.:: I am not sure when I will enter my next log. It is all the posibility the procedures do not work out as they should. Which means, I will no longer be the Victory's commanding officer. As it is, Doctor Harden had to remove commander Diamond and myself from active duty on medical and psychological grounds. We'll see how the ball rolls.
TIME: 11:51 HRS
TIME: 19:42 HRS
- Situated on the extremely busy bridge, all senior officers could be seen working with their subordinates to solve the situation. On the background, the yellow flashed of the alert condition could be seen. The image moves from station to station while a voiceover of Robin sounds.
PHOENIX: The day started out superb. Captain at Large Mal Avatar of the USS Columbia visited our ship again. He had joined us to take care of some official business, which proved to be my promotion to Captain. Of course, I have been acting as one for more then six months, I feel honored to have earned the trust and respect.
- The image continues to travel from station to station, showing each crewmember’s face and works while the log continued.
PHOENIX: Afterwards, the two of us promoted some of my senior staff. Of course there was the usual after-party, Victory style. Hunnicutt and Harden did a great job decorating and organizing the Gosport Galley, the party was a great success.
- The Captain paused for a few seconds, only to continue the story afterwards.
PHOENIX:Avatar, Diamond, Harden and myself escaped the party to make one for ourselves. It is not often we have a visitor, and the shared stories from Captain Avatar are always fascinating. Of course, our party was no secret for long. Fanel decided to drop by... with an unusual gift. The sword now decorates my readyroom... a beautiful sign of respect and friendship. However... that is where the fun stopped.
- The female CO cleared her throat before continuing.
PHOENIX: For some unforeseen reason, we are experiencing ship wide system crashes. Turbolifts, doors, the com system, the computer interface, bridge systems... all seem influenced. At this point, my staff is trying to determine the cause. So far, they have not been able to locate the problem. Something which worries me because we heavily depend on those malfunctioning systems.
- The picture showed two crewmembers moving up to the Captain’s chair. Obviously trying to present some information. The voice over came into sink with the picture, and showed Captain Phoenix talking.
PHOENIX: I can only hope the malfunctions are limited to non crucial systems like the warpcore or lifesupport. For now, all we can do is wait and investigate. Computer, end log.
TIME: 19:44 HRS
TIME: 15:42 HRS
- Sitting behind her desk, in the Intrepid-class ready-room of the starship USS Victory, Robin sipped from a steaming mug of chocolate milk while reading a PADD. She had just returned from a highly dangerous mission with her crew, involving the Romulan Celipentha station, and now was preparing for her next moves. While reading, thinking and sipping hot chocolate, the words she previously recorded in her log are playing.
PHOENIX: ...therefore technically the mission has a high probability of succeeding within the approved parameters. ::short pause.:: Which leaves me to plan our next move. I have yet to hear from Janatra, who quite possibly has been recalled for investigation. A delay of the planned rendezvous seems inevitable, therefore I have requested Lieutenant Wadham to contact Admiral Decilla. I plan on beaming the marines aboard a transport while I wait for Janatra’s signal.
- While the voice over continues, Robin moves from her desk to the couch part of the room next to the large windows. The streaking stars of a ship in motion flash by as she sits down on the soft fabric. Still reading her PADD and still carrying the steaming mug of coco.
PHOENIX: We are enroute deeper into Federation space at Warp two right now. We should arrive to my designated coordinates within a few hours. Meanwhile, I intend to discuss a matter with commanders Harden and Diamond. A matter which will have its direct and continuous effect on this ship and its crew. But I am certain the right choices have been made.
- Robin places the mug on the table as she reaches for a second PADD next to her, on the side table. Tabbing a few commands, the reading continues.
PHOENIX: We had other crew arrivals in mid mission. Ensigns Brooks and Proud, who both performed rather well on their first mission. I plan on speaking with them both and welcome them aboard in a more proper way. ::short pause.:: All in all, so far situations seem to go rather well for this ship. Despite of the dangers of the mission we are in, I am beginning to feel more and more optimistic we will bring our orders to a fine ending. It is surprising, how bright former bleak situations can become.
- At that moment, the doors to the ready-room swoosh open. As two officers enter, both wearing two full and one half pips, the screen turns black as the command to do so is given.
PHOENIX: Computer, end log.
TIME: 15:44 HRS
TIME: 06:15 HRS
PHOENIX: Captain’s log, stardate 238302.17. The senior officers and myself have beamed over to the IRW Falcon after doctor Harden altered our appearances. So far, the Romulan crew has not questioned their crewmates who have been replaced by us. It seems Commander Janatra is indeed fortunate with a loyal crew. However, I do fear we are not Romulan enough concerning our behavior to fool the crew for long... not to mention the Tal Shiar on the station we are flying towards. To that end, I have requested a conference room of some sort for my senior staff and myself to prepare. We have been discussing and fine-tuning our plans for several hours. Commander Janatra joins us on occasion and has informed me we have left the Azure Nebula and will arrive at the station shortly. Although I trust my crew and their plans and ideas, there is something about all this that stings my mind... what it is exactly, I do not know yet.
TIME: 13:16 HRS
TIME: 13:32 HRS
PHOENIX: Captain’s log, supplemental. The briefing has provided us with a plausible plan. It will be a high risk mission, but I have complete faith in the crew and their plans. While we prepare for the mission at hand, doctor Harden is making preparations to cosmetically alter our appearances to pose as full blooded Romulans. I ordered the crew to report to sickbay at 14:00 hours, which is in less then thirty minutes. I am hoping to have some good news from the Romulan commander Janatra before then.
TIME: 13:32 HRS
TIME: 08:51 HRS
- The Intrepid Class starship slowly moved through space. The Captain's yacht Captain Avatar had arrived in was no longer in the area. In the distance, a bright star twinkled in the blackness of
space. Victory seemed to slowly move towards it, although at her current speed reaching it would take forever. During these images, Robin's voice sounded.
PHOENIX: Captain's log, stardate 238301.20. It has been a great evening and night yesterday. The party commander Nugra had organized has been a success. It has been a long time since I saw this crew unwind a little.
- The view changes, now you are observing Robin sitting near the large windows in the Captain's ready room. She is reading PADDS filled with data, and on the table stands a steaming mug of black coffee.
PHOENIX: Also, Captain Avatar gave us a new mission, which we will discuss in a briefing shortly. The mission is given to us to prove this crew's and my worthiness to continue without Captain Hurne. Although I understand Starfleet's desire to test a new command team and crew, I am somewhat concerned about the origin and nature of this mission.
- Again the view changes. This time we're taking a flight through the various corridors and rooms, watching Hunnicutt's people work in Engineering, Tactical in astrometrics and various departments on the bridge. Sickbay briefly flashes by, showing a busy doctor Harden working with some petri dishes.
PHOENIX: Although I have faith in the abilities of the crew, all being professionals and ambitious, there are many things that can go wrong during our time between Klingon and Romulan space. Especially during an unofficial cloak and dagger mission. Unofficial, in this case, means we will be on our own if things go wrong, and Starfleet will not hesitate cutting the cord which keeps this ship and crew together if we fail.
- We are now back in the Captain's ready room and see Robin walking from the couch to her desk, where she takes her seat and continues working. Taking a zip from her mug from time to time while browsing the PADDS, her voice over continues.
PHOENIX: Sufficient to say, we will be alone in a tight spot where being discovered will have catastrophic effect. Not only on the crew, but possibly on Federation – Romulan relations as well, if one could call the current way of interaction between the two powers a relation.
- On the background, the door chime could be heard.
PHOENIX: There is a Chinese curse that says `May you live in interesting times'... well, my gut says interesting times lay ahead for us all. It will be up to us to survive them.
- Just before the image fades to black, the door's swoosh sounded as Robin closed her logs and called for whoever it was at the door to enter.
TIME: 08:51 HRS
|StarBase 118 Fleet|