|Rich • Talk Page • Characters • Ships of the Line • SIMs • Dept. of Veterans Affairs|
I wrote an article for SFMJ that talks about nanotech. I was thinking it might be a good article for the JSCE. How would I go about contacting someone to look into that? Who would I contact?
Unused & Uncategorized Images
Hey, Rich. I was poking around on the wiki helping Ceciri with categories and I noticed your admiral header
- And your "Adventure Continues" image. Dr. Skyfire (talk) 18:22, 27 December 2015 (CST)
Crew History template + ID subpage
So, one of the things I figured out is that the history template doesn't seem to play nicely with redirects. I'm guessing this is a glitch, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Embassy Crew History contains a broken redirect for an ID subpage. Dr. Skyfire (talk) 12:36, 14 January 2016 (CST)
Hello - during reading of old sims on Duronis I located first Brell/Lyldra's character, Ebrin Tarn. It don't have wiki page, so it's link is red on the Member Directory/E. Writer will not write the character any more and may not make the character page for it. Can you add option for no link names?
Just went back through Kinan's transcript and found that I'd actually created a new class. Since I'm picky about looks, how do I go about linking the subject (ADMIN500) to the page Administration? One black code compared with 40+ blue looks funny. ♣ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 23:25, 16 April 2016 (CDT)
- Aha! Much appreciated! ♣ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 01:05, 17 April 2016 (CDT)
Remember to write documentation.
- ♣ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 17:09, 17 August 2016 (CDT)
- My bad. I saw you edit it last and thought it was yours. Since it's locked to me, can you throw it into his category (Varaan)? I'd link it here but brilliant me has forgotten how to do that. ♣ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 17:29, 17 August 2016 (CDT)
- Actually, just leave it for now. We'll come back to it later. ♣ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 17:31, 17 August 2016 (CDT)
Templates that should be in [Category:Roster templates]
They're all protected (sigh) and I'm not an admin, so I leave this to you. Not certain if this should include all the system templates. ♣ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 19:29, 17 August 2016 (CDT)
Re: Category naming
I think it'd be worth it, if we decide that we want Roster Templates over Roster templates, for example (or vice versa) since IIRC, we don't have a standard naming scheme. I tend to think that right now, for the template projects we should go with Deliera's initial idea and keep that themeing. I've been meaning to find time to go through the LCARS variant templates and document them, since me and James wrote the main one, and I'd like to make sure the variants are needed and documented. Or just even documented. Ceciri (talk) 15:39, 18 August 2016 (CDT)
- Hn, those are good ideas. Hopefully that works - I don't mind editing the protected templates for people, but having a trusted power user group would allow more people to do changes. Ceciri (talk) 15:56, 18 August 2016 (CDT)
Re: Wiki System Templates
Generally yes, but stuff like AltCrew should be listed in some way you can find it by looking for AltRoster, since they're tied. Maybe it should be categorized as a dependent template or something? Ceciri (talk) 15:57, 18 August 2016 (CDT)
Re: Easy way to create user pages
Hey, Rich. I was putzting around on the wiki as I tend to do and noticed the interesting template directory thingie on Roshanara Rahman's page: floaty and kind of like the Face List one... I'm curious, what's the code? I may want to implement it (or similar) on some of mine that are long and rambly. Zephyr • History Team (talk) 02:09, 18 November 2016 (CST)
- Thanks! Makes more sense now. Zephyr • History Team (talk) 03:24, 19 November 2016 (CST)
- So, doing more putzing and realized that for some of the retired awards (Barclay bead, in particular) it doesn't seem to be compatible with the templates Template:Ribbons Rack or Template:Ribbons Display. Is there a shortcut for displaying retired awards which currently aren't compatible? Zephyr • History Team (talk) 12:39, 11 February 2017 (CST)
Too many roster templates?
I know standardizing roster templates was a struggle over the last two years, but now I'm at the point where I can't even locate the current roster template for use of the ID pages. XD As soon as it's found, can we swap into the Recent Changes header so to avoid confusion? I think the one currently displayed still attempts to utilize the LN,FN despite the ID templates. ♣ Deliera Veritas ▪ talk ▪ forums 09:46, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
Some numbers are wrong somewhere
- Length: 432.5 meters
- Beam: 262 meters
- Height: 90.5 meters
- Length: 223 meters
- Beam: 293.4 meters
- Height: 48.1 meters
Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 01:56, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
No Veritas on Achievements Rack
Template:VPA isn't firing and I can't figure out why or where the issue is. I'd have fixed it by now, but there are no blueprints for this thing. XD Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 07:29, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
Using mobile internet so chat is dodgy.
Yay or nay? Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 12:21, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Aha. Let me actually get the code working. Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 12:22, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Like this:
Nomination for Commander to the Captains Council
The commander’s promotion process which entails both a written exam and a practical exam can be long and challenging for candidates. The Veritas Command Staff is dedicated to ensuring all our candidates will be well-prepared with the skills, knowledge, and support they need from us to successfully complete all components of the process and earn their promotion.
|Achievement Name||Achievement Description|
|Led at least two away teams.|
|Completed at least one additional medical checkup with an Veritas medical officer since your last promotion.|
|Attended at least one additional counseling session with an Veritas counselor since your last promotion.|
|Participates in the Veritas Mentoring Program. This is absolutely vital experience given that the Commander’s written exam heavily tests a candidate’s mentoring skills.|
|Participated in at least one OOC fleet taskforce. Participation/interaction with other players and particularly other fleet staff members beyond the Veritas and demonstration of a history of working well with others is important for a candidate to successfully have their nomination for commander approved by the Captains Council.|
|Completed the Lt. Commander’s questionnaire.|
But then the expand is underneath the header. Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 12:33, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Don't do all of them. :-/ Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 21:27, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
Re: Veritas Logs
- Noted. Sorry about that; I probably should've asked first. I'll move those to the mission page, if you haven't done so already. Zephyr • History Team (talk) 13:40, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
I hate to admit how many times I had to go and look at the bio just to make sure that I was getting it right. My dyslexia was kicking in. lol Congratulations btw. ;) Nugra (talk) Taskforce Security Liaison aboard the USS Gorkon 00:56, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
Deliera uses that icon.
See sig: Deliera File:Invicta Player Achievement-Well connected.png Veritas ▪ talk 13:45, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
Unless you want me to go back to the spade. XD
Hello Rich I already saw that about the language and plan to go back and fix those mistakes. But in the meantime I have been doing some tentative work on the Ohanze. Thank you for the info you have provided. Most I already had but some is new to me. I was planning on asking someone from the USS Veritas to check my work before I posted it to the Ohanze species wiki page. Could you please take a look at the following page and give me your opinion of it.
please remember that it is still a work in progress but I hope to finish it soon so that I can move it to the Ohanze species wiki page.
OK. I deleted all references to the Ohanze on those two wiki pages you mentioned as I completely agree that they are more isolationists and unlikely to be involved. I will work more on them later.
I think I have as much info on my temp work page for the Ohanze as I can fit in based on all the references I was able to find. Let me know if I missed anything or if anything needs to be changed. I could not find any info about Religion, Psychology, Culture, Customs or Society. Is there any??
That would be fantastic. Any and every bit of help that can make this better and more important accurate is greatly appreciated. I know that the crew of the USS Montreal has plans to interact with the Ohanze and I want to be able to build on what your crew has already created.
Just saw the changes and work that Sky Blake did to update and convert the wiki page for the Ohanze... WOW!!!!! It looks great. The pic she found for the Ohanze it is 100 times better than what I found as a possible pic. After looking at what she has I think it would be best if she just takes anything she can use from the stuff I was working on and let me know when she is done so I can erase the rest.