|Rich • Talk Page • Characters • Ships of the Line • SIMs • Dept. of Veterans Affairs|
Welcome to Rich's Talk Page!
Talk Page Archive
|REV SD 239410.11|
- 1 My Article
- 2 Unused & Uncategorized Images
- 3 Crew History template + ID subpage
- 4 Member Directory
- 5 Academy classes
- 6 Remember to write documentation.
- 7 Templates that should be in [Category:Roster templates]
- 8 Re: Category naming
- 9 Re: Wiki System Templates
- 10 Re: Easy way to create user pages
- 11 Template question
- 12 Too many roster templates?
- 13 Some numbers are wrong somewhere
- 14 No Veritas on Achievements Rack
I wrote an article for SFMJ that talks about nanotech. I was thinking it might be a good article for the JSCE. How would I go about contacting someone to look into that? Who would I contact?
Unused & Uncategorized ImagesHey, Rich. I was poking around on the wiki helping Ceciri with categories and I noticed your admiral headerDr. Skyfire (talk) 18:14, 27 December 2015 (CST)
- And your "Adventure Continues" image. Dr. Skyfire (talk) 18:22, 27 December 2015 (CST)
Crew History template + ID subpage
So, one of the things I figured out is that the history template doesn't seem to play nicely with redirects. I'm guessing this is a glitch, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Embassy Crew History contains a broken redirect for an ID subpage. Dr. Skyfire (talk) 12:36, 14 January 2016 (CST)
Hello - during reading of old sims on Duronis I located first Brell/Lyldra's character, Ebrin Tarn. It don't have wiki page, so it's link is red on the Member Directory/E. Writer will not write the character any more and may not make the character page for it. Can you add option for no link names?
Just went back through Kinan's transcript and found that I'd actually created a new class. Since I'm picky about looks, how do I go about linking the subject (ADMIN500) to the page Administration? One black code compared with 40+ blue looks funny. ♣ Deliera Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 23:25, 16 April 2016 (CDT)
Remember to write documentation.
Templates that should be in [Category:Roster templates]
They're all protected (sigh) and I'm not an admin, so I leave this to you. Not certain if this should include all the system templates. ♣ Deliera Chief of WO ▪ talk ▪ forums 19:29, 17 August 2016 (CDT)
Re: Category naming
I think it'd be worth it, if we decide that we want Roster Templates over Roster templates, for example (or vice versa) since IIRC, we don't have a standard naming scheme. I tend to think that right now, for the template projects we should go with Deliera's initial idea and keep that themeing. I've been meaning to find time to go through the LCARS variant templates and document them, since me and James wrote the main one, and I'd like to make sure the variants are needed and documented. Or just even documented. Ceciri (talk) 15:39, 18 August 2016 (CDT)
- Hn, those are good ideas. Hopefully that works - I don't mind editing the protected templates for people, but having a trusted power user group would allow more people to do changes. Ceciri (talk) 15:56, 18 August 2016 (CDT)
Re: Wiki System Templates
Generally yes, but stuff like AltCrew should be listed in some way you can find it by looking for AltRoster, since they're tied. Maybe it should be categorized as a dependent template or something? Ceciri (talk) 15:57, 18 August 2016 (CDT)
Re: Easy way to create user pages
Hey, Rich. I was putzting around on the wiki as I tend to do and noticed the interesting template directory thingie on Roshanara Rahman's page: floaty and kind of like the Face List one... I'm curious, what's the code? I may want to implement it (or similar) on some of mine that are long and rambly. Zephyr • History Team (talk) 02:09, 18 November 2016 (CST)
- Thanks! Makes more sense now. Zephyr • History Team (talk) 03:24, 19 November 2016 (CST)
- So, doing more putzing and realized that for some of the retired awards (Barclay bead, in particular) it doesn't seem to be compatible with the templates Template:Ribbons Rack or Template:Ribbons Display. Is there a shortcut for displaying retired awards which currently aren't compatible? Zephyr • History Team (talk) 12:39, 11 February 2017 (CST)
Too many roster templates?
I know standardizing roster templates was a struggle over the last two years, but now I'm at the point where I can't even locate the current roster template for use of the ID pages. XD As soon as it's found, can we swap into the Recent Changes header so to avoid confusion? I think the one currently displayed still attempts to utilize the LN,FN despite the ID templates. ♣ Deliera Veritas ▪ talk ▪ forums 09:46, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
Some numbers are wrong somewhere
- Length: 432.5 meters
- Beam: 262 meters
- Height: 90.5 meters
- Length: 223 meters
- Beam: 293.4 meters
- Height: 48.1 meters
No Veritas on Achievements Rack
Template:VPA isn't firing and I can't figure out why or where the issue is. I'd have fixed it by now, but there are no blueprints for this thing. XD Deliera Veritas ▪ talk 07:29, 11 October 2017 (UTC)