Canreb temp world page
- 1 THIS PAGE IS USED TO CREATE AND UPDATE VARIOUS DIFFERENT SPECIES
- 2 ANOTHER ORIGINAL SPECIES I AM WORKING ON FOR THE SHOALS
- 3 Home Region
- 4 Home World of the Red Suns
- 5 Home World of the Yellow Suns
- 6 Home World of the White Suns
- 7 Home World of the Blue Suns
- 8 History
- 9 Government
- 10 Description
- 11 Physiology
- 12 Psychology
- 13 Religion
- 14 Mythology
- 15 Society
- 16 Culture
- 17 Customs
- 18 Technology
- 19 Economy
- 20 Military
- 21 Federation Intelligence Files
- 22 Sources
THIS PAGE IS USED TO CREATE AND UPDATE VARIOUS DIFFERENT SPECIES
ANOTHER ORIGINAL SPECIES I AM WORKING ON FOR THE SHOALS
- "You claim friendship, but on your terms." A rough translation.
- a Ohanze reply to the Federation at the signing of the Treaty of Friendship
- "You claim friendship, but on your terms." A rough translation.
- The Ohanze are one of the native species within the Shoals. They have bio-luminescent skin and prefer dim lighting as bright light hurts their eyes. They are divided into 5 tribes, each with varying degrees of hostility and negative sentiment regarding the Federation and the colonies that they have established. .
- Quadrant: Alpha
- Location: Various planets in the Shadows region of space
Home World of the Red Suns
- Proper Name: kрасное - Roughly translates as Echo of Home
- Star: kрасное is a single type Type M (Red)
- Distance from Star: its orbit is approximately 68 million km
- Companions: it is the 4th of 6 planets in this system
- Moons: 3 small moons
- Diameter: 14,342 km (8,912 miles)
- Gravity: 0.88 standard gravity with a density of 4.4
- Axial Tilt: 7%, with minimal seasonal changes
- Orbital Period: 343 days
- Rotational Period: 21.4 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 38%
- Atmosphere: 0.93% is a standard pressure with 75% nitrogen, 22% oxygen, 3% trace chemicals
- Climate: Temperate to cold.
- Terrain: Numerous mountain ranges with sheltered valleys and large lakes.
- Population: 73 million
Home World of the Yellow Suns
- Proper Name: желтый - Roughly translates as Calm Winds
- Star: желтый is a single type Type G (Yellow)
- Distance from Star: its orbit is approximately 62 million km
- Companions: it is the 3rd of 7 planets in this system
- Moons: 1 large moon and 1 medium moon
- Diameter: 16,267 km (10,108 miles)
- Gravity: 1.08 standard gravity with a density of 4.9
- Axial Tilt: 14%, with regular seasonal changes
- Orbital Period: 413 days
- Rotational Period: 25.8 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 27%
- Atmosphere: 0.98% is a standard pressure with 72% nitrogen, 23% oxygen, 5% trace chemicals
- Climate: Temperate.
- Terrain: Mostly rough hilly zones with stunted forests.
- Population: 112 million
Home World of the White Suns
- Proper Name: белый - Roughly translates as Hurtful Bright Light
- Star: белый is a single type Type A (White)
- Distance from Star: its orbit is approximately 56 million km
- Companions: it is the 2nd of 6 planets in this system
- Moons: 1 medium moon
- Diameter: 15,015 km (9,330 miles)
- Gravity: 0.93 standard gravity with a density of 4.2
- Axial Tilt: 22%, with strong seasonal changes
- Orbital Period: 392 days
- Rotational Period: 28.1 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 23%
- Atmosphere: 0.97% is a standard pressure with 71% nitrogen, 26% oxygen, 3% trace chemicals
- Climate: Temperate to tropical.
- Terrain: Some massive volcanic mountain ranges amid extensive rolling plains.
- Population: 84 million
Home World of the Blue Suns
- Proper Name: синий - Roughly translates as Dark Cold Night
- Star: синий is a single type Type B (Blue-White)
- Distance from Star: its orbit is approximately 73 million km
- Companions: it is the 3rd of 6 planets in this system
- Moons: 1 small moon and 2 tiny moons
- Diameter: 12,670 km (7,873 miles)
- Gravity: 0.89 standard gravity with a density of 5.3
- Axial Tilt: 16%, with regular seasonal changes
- Orbital Period: 436 days
- Rotational Period: 27.3 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 32%
- Atmosphere: 0.91% is a standard pressure with 73% nitrogen, 26% oxygen, 1% trace chemicals
- Climate: Cool to cold.
- Terrain: Large polar tundra regions with rough densely forested areas.
- Population: 62 million
It is believed that at some point in their ancient history that they evolved on a single planet, one that has since been lost. Unfortunately where and when this happened and even why have become jumbled up, altered over time until it is just another part of the mystery of their development and history.
The very first record of them is from the USS Granville, a Starfleet science vessel assigned to explore the Shoals in 2184. The encounter was peaceful with the Ohanze being more curious than anything else. Captain Nasduva made note of the fact that their vessels like them were on the large side with extensive defensive systems.
In 2232 the first Federation colony was founded in the Shoals on Meridian. This was followed by 4 more within the next 50 years, at which time they founded the Colonial Coalition to serve as a unified government. Prior to this the various different colonies had to deal with each different tribe or clan leader. Unfortunately the main reason for this change of policy was the mounting tension between the colonists and the Ohanze.
As a result of this the purely ceremonial council of the Ohanze called the Circle of Five Suns underwent a radical change in order to meet the needs of a major Federation diplomatic mission that arrived to try and establish more long term and cohesive terms for the region. It took almost 17 years but eventually a unified Treaty of Friendship was signed in 2321.
Since then conditions between the colonists and the Ohanze has slowly deteriorated and while there has been no actual hostile contact both sides have developed more and more issues of contention that they do not seem to be able to resolve.
The Ohanze are divided into five tribes, four of which hold claim to their own capital worlds in four star systems, with the fifth tribe being purely nomadic in their space faring vessels. All four star systems are located in an area of the Shoals, dubbed the Shadows due to the severe tetryon interference wreaked on sensors and communications.
The five tribes of the Ohanze are as follows, named for the stars of their capital worlds.
- The Red Sun Tribe: Hailing from a star system with two habitable planets out of six, the Red Sun Tribe are known for their artistry, philosophy, and literature. Many Ohanze legends originated from the Red Sun, passed on to other tribes who modified the stories for their own people.
- The Yellow Sun Tribe: Hailing from a star system with a single habitable planet out of four, the Yellow Sun Tribe is renowned for their scientists, healers, and engineers.
- The White Sun Tribe: Hailing from a star system with two habitable planets out of seven, the White Sun Tribe are a tribe of farmers, fishermen, and tradesmen.
- The Blue Sun Tribe: Hailing from a star system with three habitable planets out of six, the Blue Sun Tribe are a tribe of merchants and traders. They connect the other tribes to one another through commerce.
- The Black Sun Tribe: Named because they have no home star, the Black Sun Tribe are the smallest tribe with an approximate total population of 21 million, living in the Shadows entirely on their fleet of vessels. Their need to survive pushed them to prey on both other Ohanze tribes and non-Ohanze vessels that enter the Shadows for supplies. Early run ins with Terran colonists and other outsiders to the Shoals earned the entire Ohanze race a reputation as formidable, ruthless opponents in battle due to a lack of understanding of the varied tribes and subcultures within the Ohanze.
The Circle of Five Suns
The Circle of Five Suns was a largely ceremonial body that has become more used for the Ohanze in their dealings with the Federation in the last century. Although the Treaty of Friendship signed in 2327 contributed greatly to improving relations between the Federation and the Ohanze, pirate factions of course paid no attention to the document, and the Black Sun Tribe has only a token representative selected from the small Black Sun community that joined sympathetic Blue Sun Tribe in legitimate trade.
The Treaty of Friendship
Before a formal treaty was finally signed between the Circle of Five Suns and the Federation, diplomatic relations were handled between colonists and each individual tribe or even between colonists and individual clan leaders. The objective of this treaty was to establish a guideline of acceptable agreements that would allow the colonists and the Ohanze to exist in close proximity peacefully.
The Ohanze average in size from 9' to 11' and weigh between 320 lbs to 450 lbs. The less light that is present the more their bodies start to give off a bio-luminescent sickly green color. In black out conditions they glow brightly while in normal day time or brighter lighting conditions it is impossible to tell that they can glow. They have long wispy blue hair that also retains some bio-luminescent. They have massive webbed hands with 3 fingers and a thumb while their feet are slightly oval pads twice the size of their legs.
It is impossible to tell the difference between males and females. The only clothes worn by any of them is a very brief loincloth. Some may wear straps, belts or harnesses that are used to hold or support equipment, tools or weapons as needed.
Over the generations part of their bio-luminescent coloring has been altered, influenced by the type of sun that shines down on the planet they live on. As a result the splotches of irregular different colored sections found on their torso will closely resemble the color of the their individual suns.
The Ohanze language is incredibly complex due to their unique anatomy and physiology, and most humanoids are unable to pronounce their words. The Ohanze likewise are unable to articulate most common humanoid languages. Thus, communication with the Ohanze is done extensively through the universal translator, with the devices directly interpreting and "speaking" the words as literal translations into Federation Standard.
Thus there are no "Ohanze" words. Their terms, names of places and people, etc. are simply translated into their literal translation. Ohanze typically also refer to each other by their professions. For instance, an Ohanze individual might simply be referred to in their name by their profession: Pilot, Healer, Priest, etc.
The Ohanze are large non-humanoid lifeforms. They thrive on M-class worlds but can survive in harsher climates than most humanoid life. Their bodies are bio-luminescent but they prefer dim lighting conditions as bright light does result in pain. They are not telepathic and their language is difficult for humanoids to comprehend. The Ohanze are genetically incompatible with humanoid lifeforms, and they do not interbreed with non-Ohanze.
The Ohanze do not have a single "homeworld", although their myths and legends tell of a supposed mother world in the ancient past where the species and civilization first originated, united as a single nation. Over the generations each tribes legends have evolved so that now each of the 5 tribes origin myths differ in a number of noticeable ways. However what they all still agree about is that their home world was shadowy with limited light and with numerous large bodies of water.
Due to the unusual conditions found in the Shadows region of the Shoals, where severe tetryon interference wreaks havok on sensors and communications they have a noticeable technological advantage. One that does not exist out side of this region.
They rarely have any need to consider trade with any of the species living outside of the Shadows region of the Shoals and since they will not tolerate any incursions into this area establishing any kind of profitable trade deals with them is rare and difficult.
While the Ohanze do not seem to be very aggressive in nature both Starfleet and Federation Intelligence services have noted that long range scans would seem to indicate that all of the 5 tribes have increased the size and effectiveness of their fleets, especially the Black Suns. Also there are some marked differences between the capabilities of the ships belonging to each tribe, however all 5 tribes seem to use the same size classes which have been roughly designated as heavy frigates, heavy destroyers and heavy cruisers.
The Black Suns do not seem to have any heavy frigates and their heavy destroyers and heavy cruisers are noticeable bigger than those of the other tribes. Experts believe this is mostly due to their also being used as floating colonies by the Black Sun tribe of the Ohanze.
Federation Intelligence Files
Although a formal treaty is in place supposedly keeping the peace, the Ohanze have always had a somewhat tense relationship with the colonists of the Colonial Coalition, whom they view as encroaching on their territory, which spans several planetary systems. The Ohanze have also grown resentful of continued pirate and criminal activity, which the natives view as the responsibility of the colonists and the Federation.
This is an original Starbase 118 species created by the crew of the USS Veritas.